Say that again?!?!
19 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a private room in the dome above the arena were four people sitting at a table.

t was an eerie silence in the room except Elor who drank some tea were the others almost motionless. After Eloe tasted the whiskey he didn't like tea as much anymore though. That was when an idea hit him. 

"I know!" The trio in the room looked at him and could only envy him for his easy going lifestyle who wouldn't like to just not care?

"Senior Elor, could you explain?" Duart was the one to break the ice in this akwardness. He wasn't sure how his cousin found a Divine which was at least at the Ruling stage. Even the clan master was only at that level!

The Divine realm may only have 3 levels but to even dare to think that it made it easier was blasphemy! 

Lower, named, higher, ruling and crowned. All were divided into 3 stages, namely: new, old and dying.

The last stage was named dying for a very specific reason. All beungs who wanted to walk over the treshhold into the next realm had to remake their bodies. There were few exceptions like Elor.

The goal in this was a simple one. To get nearer to become one with a law. The mental aspect of cultivation laid purerly on understanding the law and truths better. 

How else could one form a soul universe after walking further into the Ancestor realm? If the container can't withstand the contents, wouldn't that be suicide?

The only help cultivators had were at the big steps from mortal to immortal and to divine. That help was the tribulation.

Back in the room.

Elor wasn't sure what to say after he realized how the mood was in it.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about what to do in my life since I don't have a goal anymore. Just talk about whatever you need to, I'm only here because of Numia and...my crystals."

The three people were speechless, especially Numia! After the fight did he join the group for a moment. Numia took the chance to ask Elor since when he could control the energy so good.

He could only sigh at the answer. Did he create the perfect addict?

"Eh, I think shortly after Heaven Port City. It was hard to trick you but the whiskey made it worth!"

The women in the room coughed twice and gazed at Elor. "Mr. Elor, it seems I didn't introduce myself yet. I'm the owner of the battle arena, Lalua. For your...crystals..we are still counting your pay out. The results should be here shortly."

Elor nodded, he was thinking about if he could do the plan with the crystals he got but doesn't have any idea about the prices for buying.

"Thanks Miss Lalua, you got a fine establishment here!" Elor looked at Numia. "I will go and talk with the others, I need some help. Just say if you need anything. I still owe you one for teaching me...not to trust anybody hahahaha!"

Elor stood up and walked out. He made a clear statement to the people in the room with that sentence. He owed Numia, if you make problems. I will make you problems.

When Elor was gone did the mood instantly change in the room, yes he was the reason the three were so quiet. At least Duart and Lalua.

"Cousin...where the hell did you met a Ruling Divine? And even made him owe you?" Numia was stunnend, did he really think that Elor was just that? If the legends were true.. no better not think about it.

Lalua listening on the side trembled and instantly send a message to the person calculating the gains. Take no interest!

"Cousin Numia its like this..." When Duart was finished did he gaze at Numias blank eyes with remorse. The other party was just too strong.

After some minutes did Numia come back to his senses. "So that is why you were with Lalua here...."

"Cousin, you know that father and uncle would like to help but alas..maybe if you ask Senior Elor?"

Numia punched the table. "No! Thats the last thing I want him to be involved too!"

Duart was stunnend, his calculating cold hearted cousin said what? Seems like all those years being an outcast made him change.

"I don't want to be a busybody but wouldn't it be better to give Lorelei to Mr. Elor? What would it take you to go back? 50 years at least, right? The best place to hide something is in open sight."

Numia was silent for a moment, never trust anyone, right? "Mahahah so be it! Didn't he say he owes me? Very well."

Both people in the room saw the sadness in his eyes. What could they do though? Lorelei needed to transcend into the Divine realm fast.

At that moment did Lalua get a message which made her eyes twitch.

"Mister Numia...you said that the crystals you bet on Elor should be given to him..right?"

Numia already had a flask in his hand and took a sip, answering without seing Lalua. "Yes yes, he needs money and some ten thousand or hundred thousand crystals are mich but worth for him."

Lalua didn't want to say the real number. This payout was insane, he really made the crowd go wild with betting against him!

The arena had a simple system, they didn't generate much in contrast to others but more than enough.

From every bet will be 5% taken as the pay. Depending on the bets there will be a ratio system. Those who lost will gain nothing. The winners would take the crystal and split them depending on how much they bet. 

The problem? 12 people bet on Elor. With Numia being the absolute highest with an astounishing 90% pot.

"Very well, don't come running back."

Numia was stunnend before thinking about that special system they had with bets. Fuck!!

Elor was surrounded by several woman all wanting his GalaDe number and some signatures. The more feisty ones even tried to feel him up! He only wanted to get to Horan and the rest!

Stunning him was the person who came and saved him!

"You vultures get away from my pri-...brother!!" Lorelei pushed the woman away rather forcefully.

When the woman saw the newcomer they had sparks in their eyes and gazed at Elors reaction. They were crushed when they saw that he knew the girl. His facial expression was even bashful.

Why? Well that comes back to the incident which Numia made. 

As he was calling here and the door opend did he see a scene which made him realize how fanatic this girl was for....love.

Inside the carriage was Lorelei with a puppet, she made some lousy looking animals dancing around them and even a dragon roaring in the sky. Sure, they were lousy looking but the scene made him shudder. Especially when she was talking in a deep voice, likely the man/puppets.

"My love, nobody deserves to see my real strenght except for you!"

Yes, he used this scene as a template for his entry in the arena. How could he NOT be bashful at this moment. He didn't even realize the almost slip ip from Lorelei.

A minute later was Elor sitting at a table with the whole group . It was rather akward because Lorelei wasn't herself, she even tried to feed Elor by hand! Girls in love are scary!

Only when Tanya laughed did Lorelei came somewhat back to her sense.

"Y-you! I'm a pure maiden without dirt! Not like you old aunt!"

"Ehhh? The little girl has finally found her love? I'm sorry to say but did you ask your prince charming about his feelings?" Tanya said it rather cinicly but still had warm eyes gazing at Lorelei.

Horan was quietly drinking with the other three, they didn't want anything to do with this.

"I don't need anyones approval! If he doesn't love me I will make him!"

"Cough cough, can you both stop? The people are already filming... Lorelei you should stop too, try to be more graceful, you are like a boar in heat."

The table became quiet, Lorelei even made an O-shaped mouth. She was a boar?!?

Elor didn't give her any time and began to ask his questions. "Look, I found something I would like to do, I just need some input of the best merchants on this planet." Elor looked into the round and saw everyone looking at Lorelei.

They may be a merchant caravan but only Numia and her were true merchants. Elor sighed in his heart. This was going to be hard. He thought back to the interraction he had with females and a sunny smile came into his mind. Was his little girl ok now?

"Sorry Lorelei, I was just in thoughts and said somwthing untrue. You should know that your smile and personality match perfect together. If there is a person who says otherwise just tell me, I make them regret their words." Elor put on his best looking face and gazed deeply into Lorelei's eyes.

What he didn't expect was a finger pointing, towards him.

"This rude man did, now make him regret his words. No worries I can wait." He saw the most evil grin he ever saw, sure enough did it remind him of another person. Didn't Numia say he didn't know where her personality came from?

The group, exlcluding Elor, began to laugh. Even the four who didn't want to participate in this drama.

"You all..."

"Common tell me my dumb better half, how can big sister help you?" Lorelei was happy, finally she got her revenge.

"I want to buy a stall and sell whiskey." When does words fell did Lorelei instantly turn her head in fuey towards Horan. The latter shuddered and was thinking about what misdeed he did in his life.

Several minutes passed and every person at the table gave their inputs. Where to buy? Heaven Port City. How to brew? Ask Gran. How much did it cost? Ask Heaven Port Exchange, maybe 10-70'000 crystals per year.

All in all..no real answers. The women who announced Elor's fight came walking towards their table and stood beside Elor with a trembling body.

"Mr. Elor? Here is your..payout. the crystals for the winning and the bet...."

Elor turned around and saw her tremble, was she scared of him? He looked at her outstretched hand and saw three space rings lying in it. Hmm? He didn't think much put was perplexed, why three?

When he took them did the announcer women instantly stop trembling. Finally was her burden gone!

"Have a good stay here and I wis you all the best. For Mr. Horan and Miss Tanya, please go and withdraw your bet from the main desk."

Horan looked at the three space rings and began to think, something didn't add up. One of those could easily hold several million....oh my fucking god! 

"E-e-elor..you may want to count the crystals..." Horan could only stammer. Elor was puzzled, would they swindle him? He did as told and his eyes grew wide when he counted the first one. Why wasn't it full though? When he inspected the other two did his mind short curcuit.

Lorelei saw this and asked in stupor. "How much? Is it enough for your 'dream'?"

It took Elor some time to get back into reality.

"57...."

Horan spat out the tea he just drank. The others were puzzled before realizing what Horan did before.

"Say that again?!?!"

1