Exchange of tales
20 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"57...million, isn't this a bit too much?" Elor couldn't help but ask.

The group didn't say anything, a bit too much? Was he kidding? With that much money he could buy, not loan, streets in the core area of Heaven Port City!

The silence told Elor everything he needed to know. He was rich! He asked himself all the time which he was with Numias group, what to do now that he wasn't there anymore. 

Sure, he still had a task to do. Which was to kill the real Taot and free the others. There were many hurdles in his way though.

Who was it, where was it, how strong was it and most importantly how should he free them without killing them?

He knew that they were in the soul universe created by it, he also now understood that a soul universe wasn't exactly akin to a soul space. A soul space was a pearl which could be taken out, a soul universe wasn't. Alas, Elor didn't know.

"Dear Master Elor, do you have some crystals to spare with this poor man?" Jeraini,the guard which always had a verbal fight with Tanya, asked with a sad tone, even coughing like he was ill. 

Elor instantly put the three space rings away and gazed coldly at his friend, he knew what he wanted to do with that money. You could say he had a complicated relationship with one of the others.

"How about you start saving up to get to your goal. You could start start fightin here every week. 50'000 isn't low either." Jeraini sighed, trying was worth it. If you don't try you don't win.

Elor began to laugh and send a message to one of the waiters, asking for some jugs and good food. He would pay this evening but thats all.

When the night was closing in did Numia walk towards them with Duart in tow. Beside Elor did only Tanya knew who exactly he was. 

"It seems you had a nice feast without me." Numia wasn't angry he just felt left out, couldn't they wait for him? They were technicly his crystals. 

Numia gazed at Elor but held back, too many ears were here. Duart on the other hand walked towards Tanya and slightly nodded. A second later did he have a wry smile and walked back.

Tanya saw the gazes of the rest but didn't want to answer. She has long closed that chapter of her life. 

It didn't take long for Elor to get a message which made him squint his eyes.

"I once told you to never trust someone..well, I would like to trust you on one thing. Take it as us owning nothing to each other. What do you you say?"

Elor knew that something absurd would come, he had to make something clear first to Numia.

"Depends, I will not leave the planet yet. No, more exactly I will return to Heaven Port City and open a shop. I have to prepare some things before going out. If any of those things are in the way of your favor, please don't even say it then." Elor somehow hoped that it would. He didn't think about the polar opposite.

"Perfect! Mahahahah, I thank you in advance for looking after Lorelei! I know the girl is stubborn and a devil but believe me, its all to hide her true self. She hadn't a... brother Elor?"

Halfway through his message did he gaze at Elor and saw him frozen with the cup at his mouth. Was he alright? 

When he gazed into the loud group did he saw something which made his smile even wider. Why was his daughter always sneak peeking at Elor? Her gaze wandered from Tanya to Elor. When he gazed at Tanya did the latter feel the gaze of Numia and silently nodded at him.

"Cousin, can we use your spaceship for a moment? I want to talk to Elor here privately?" Duart didn't come with a passenger ship, he had his own spaceship,. It couldn't be compared to the big ones but still had all the neccessary things on board.

"Sure, I even have some good brew on it, just tell the head butler what you need." Duart took out his GalaDe and sent a message to his butler.

"Brother Elor, before you decide.. come listen to my tale, no my wifes tale please.." Elor became unfrozen when he heard those words. He may have been in this group only for a little over three months but he knew that there was one thing nobody talked about. 

"Fine." Elor atood up and threw a space ring on the table. He already took out most of them but there were still some thousands in it. After that did he leave the restaurant with Numia.

The group looked at Duart with questioning eyes but he could only shrugg. "If cousin wants to tell you, he will. I'm in no position to do that." It may have been a fleeing gaze but for a mili second did he look at Lorelei. When Tanya and Horan saw that did they understand. Seemed like the good days were gone.

Inside a small spaceship were Numia and Elor enjoying a bath. Elor was a bit puzzled though, why take a bath? Only after some minutes did Numia begin.

"To think that the once known Coldblood Numia would trust an Outsider. You were right, those trainimg sessions were fun.."

Elor didn't say anything, he just sank himself a little more into the water.

"Haaa, very well. You may have asked yourself several times about my wife, Lorelei's mother, right? Specially after that bitch called me an outcast.

This is a bit longer of a story but I am sure that you will understand it once I'm done.

I was once a Named Divine, i even tried to reach the the Higher Divine realm. Alas I failed, I survived but my wounds were too big and I didn't have much hope to survive. Not because its impossible, I was just too stupid and arrogant. 

I was roaming freely the core regions and suddenly had an insight. If you habe kin or someone you trust, you would go and let them look after you while breaking through. I didn't, that was the worst and happiest thing I did in my life.."

Numia took a sip of a glass full with wine and downed it before filling it up once more.

"Anyway. When I was laying there unmoving did an angel descend. She took pity on me and helped me recover my wounds. I had to restart with the whole Named Divine realm but I didn't care. Not with her by my side. I always asked myself while we travelled together, why did she stay with me? She was a Ruling Divine! There was no chance she didn't belong to a great family or clan."

As if remember something bad and he had to cleanse himself did Numai down the glass again. This time he didn't refill it. He just took the whole bottle.

"Slowly we both fell in love, enjoyed our live. It was shortly after that I understood who she really was. We were visting one of the islands on my home planet when suddenly several figures descended. I couldn't understand what was going on but when I felt my dear tremble did I get a bad feeling."

Numia laughed cynicyl and took several gulps down.

" I know you wouldn't know her family name, so I will explain. Her name was Palara..Palara Woodflame. The daughter of Ancestor Woodflame. My shock was immense, my love was the daughter of an ancestor? She even run awaybecause she was feed up to be imprisoned? That was when my life turned to the worse. We both were taken to the Flame World and before her father. At first he didn't even look at me but when he scannend his daughter there was rage. She was pregnant! Even I didn't know that, she hasn't told me."

A empty bottle was thrown away and Numia took another. Elor was silent till know but he could fathom the rest of the story.

"Ancestor Woodflame wanted to kill me and the unborn but Palara did threat him to kill herself. It wasn't easy for an Ancestor to make children. He could only gnash his teeth. A lowly being had impregnated his daughter! So he made an offer, he would allow the child to be born under two consitions. First, I will have to be crippled, second. If the child is a daughter, she would have to marry someone he choose if she wasn't at the Divine Realm within 1000 years of age. If its a boy, he would be brought up by him without ever knowing who his father was.

We could only accept.."

The next bottle was thrown away before another one was opend. Elor could only sigh, this was a tale from a fantasy book.

"My soul space and soul core were removed and I was a mortal again. I hoped for a boy that he could at least grow up freely, sadly it was a little girl. Even inherting my genes. After that I was banished from my family, not because they wanted. It was my idea, to go as far away as possible, to make more time for our little girl. Who would have thought that Ancestor Woodflame wouldn't honor his promise. She is still a long way from thousand years old but he already sent after us! Hahahahaha."

Tears began to form on Numia and he gulped down another one. A Immortal king wouldn't get drunk easily if he didn't want to but Numia didn't purify it.

"So this is why you want to let Lorelei stay here under me. You want to go alone and die, so nobody would know where she is..."

Numia laughed. "Mahahaha yes, this one doesn't care anymore but my sweet daughter had nothing her whole life! Now she would be given as a present to someone else?!?! Fuck Ancestors!"

Elor was silemt for a moment before he opend his mouth. He took a bottle behind him and gulped down some mouthfulls.

"Care to listen to my story?" Numia was shocked, he even forgot for a moment what they just talked about.

"If you trust me."

Elor began his tale, several times did a bottle slip into the water by Numia when he heard his story. He knew that he wasn't a being from the True World but many things even made him shudder.

"...after that i woke up in your carriage.." dozens of bottles were already empty in the room, some on the floor and others in the bath. Numia was silent for some time.

"If my story was a clichée, yours would be a fantasy no one would believe.. could I pressume you want to free the others?"

Elor nodded, that was his ultimate goal. He made a promise, he had to fulfill it.

"You have a hard and long way before you, not even talking about how to free them. The hard part will be the ones behind Taot.."

Elor's eyes grew wide, he didn't say the name of the one! Numia saw Elor's big eyes and laughed.

"There is only one being foolich and greedy enough to do such a thing. Taot the Sloth Devourer. He rose in to fame after he killed and devoured two ancestors before being punished by the Sage Alliance. That was when his background came into view. He is a subordinate of Ruler Light. Well its time you should know all about the True World."

In the arena did the group still wait at the table. Most were just drinking and eating, it was paid for so who cared? The food and drinks were good! Only Duart had a wry smile on his face.. the head butler did send him some news. His wine stock!!

1