Not seeing the tree in the forest
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was almost a month ago when Numia parted with the group. It hasn't to be told that one of the guards and the other driver went their way.

What surprised Elor the most was that Horan told him that he would wander the planet. What made him stunend was that Tanya and Jeraini bought a house in the outskirts of Heaven Port City and wanted to marry.

As for Lorelei, after Elor bought a nice little restaurant did she only show up during dinner and such. She didn't talk one word.

The restaurant was located in the same street that the Flower shop and Gran's stall was. It hasn't to be told that Gran was angry when she heard what he wanted to do but at the end she laughed.

Elor didn't have any menu, didn't know how to brew alcohol or had any herbs! What the hell did he think about?

It was another day which the "Bar around the corner" didn't open. Elor still hadn't any menu or even remotely close to selfmade whiskey or wine.

He got some recipes from the GalaDe, the problem was the herbs. It wasn't like there were any recipes who were made on this god forsaken planet! There was Gran but she was hell bound on not sellimg it. Elor even offered 5 million crystals! What did Gran do? She offered him a drink on the house!

A knock came from the front door and he instantly though of someone. When he opend the door did he saw Tanya stand there.

"She still didn't come out?"

Elor sighed." How would you feel if you are told such a story?" Elor didn't forget to tell her the truth. What made Elor also surprised was that Tanya, was from the Woodflame family! She was actually a maid of Loreleis mother.

"Sigh, I will go upstairs." Without further ado did she walk towards the stairs and up. Elor couldn't help but think about his life again. He thought about everything he did in the last month.

Except from trying to get the recipe from Gran he also searched for information on how to remove a Soul Universe. He did find many ways for cores and spaces but nothing about universe. They were only hold by ancestors, it wasn't a wonder that there was no circulated knowledge.

"One problem at a time, first lets go and annoy Gran Gran again!" It almost became a hobby of his. He knew she would never part with it but a try was always worth! He surerly didn't go to drink and eat! Never!

This time did the script suddenly change though.

"Here little Elor, this is on the house!" This made Elor instantly at alert. There was probably a hook to it. He questionly gazed at the old women which made the later laugh.

"No worries no worries, I just want to ask you something on behalf of my niece."

Elor was still silently alerted. This time did Gran hmpf instead of laughing.

"What? Fine, if you help me out with this I will share you where you can have a recipe frim to brew whiskey!"

"As long as it is not mass murder I agree!" Gran's facial expression changed and the two customers beside Elor instantly made space. What the hell? How addicted can you be?

"You..no I know that your thinking process is special but to jump to somwthing like this.. anyway. My niece has a son and daughter. You are good at teaching people the arts and cultivation, right?"

Elor was stunend when he heard that and didn't see the glint flashing for a moment in the old women's eyes.

"Can I assume I should teach them some arts? For how long?" 

Gran began to smile. " I knew that you can't resist whiskey. No real man can hahahahah." The other two customers had a weird look on, should they feel offended by that or proud?

"How long?" Elor asked again.

"Not for long, only as long as you are here." This answer made Elor flinch. So if he never left he ahould teach them to his death?!?

"Fine!" He didn't care anymore, he would just teach them some arts and..wait...

"How old are they? What realm?"

Gran filled up another cup for Elor and said something which made him realize his mistake and how stupid he was.

"Here! For the recipe, did you ever try asking Blo of the Exchange Trade? My nieces children are 7 and 8 years old. Aren't they just perfect to begin learning under a real master?"

Not only was he baited into teaching brats, he also forgot about the Exchange Center of Heaven Port City. Elor gulped down the whisey and looked at Gran in defeat.

"Good very good. I may just teach those two brats the art of being a worm!"

Elor walked away in annoyance towards the trading center. He did hear Gran but no way in hell he would respond.

"I'm not at fault, you just were occupied with the wrong things! Teach them what you want, I just don't want to be annoyed anymore." Elor did not see her smile again. It was a smile full of deeper meaning. 

Elor didn't have to walk far to the exchange center, he didn't need to ask for Blo neither. The other was already standing outside with a wide smile.

"Master Elor! Glad to see you again! How can I help you today?" Elor bought the restaurant over Blo, the latter got a good sum of it too.

"I am not in the mood for your energy richness at the moment. Just tell me, do you have recipes for brewing strong alcohol or not? Which can be brewed with local plants."

Blo took out a GalaDe and tipped around with it. After several seconds did he show the result to Elor.

"Here, there are 83 different alcoholoc recipes which are makeable with local plants. Do you need anything else?"

Elor wanted to facepalm. Sure enough, there are things people don't show off on the network. Why wasn't he thinking about this. When he saw the prices he already wanted to cry, the most expensive one was...200 crystals.

"Everyone of them, also everything needed to brew them and if possible all the plants needed..." It even hurt himself to say this. If they had everything here, all those hours would have been for naught! The only downside was that there were no whiskey recipes.

Blo tipped on his GalaDe again and gazed at it for a moment.

"We have everything here, just the Dragon Plant is not in stock, it is a rarer plant so its going to be hard to get it." Blo gave his GalaDe to Elor again.

He flew over all the plants and herbs and utility before his gaze stoped at the Dragon Plant. When he saw for which brew it was needed did his heart bleed again. The only thing close to whiskey on the list and he couldn't even brew it!

"Can I get information where this plant can be obtained?" 

"Sure, I will give you that even for free, just go deep into the Lava Mines in the northern part of the city. Just know that, even Immortal Kings will have a hard time there. Don't ask me why but somehow do the arts one uses not work there."

Arts do not work? As if he cared for that! "Just give me the bill, I will pay in full upfront like last time."

This sentence made Blo even happier, sure it wasn't much which Elor had to pay but it was the art of payment. Not many do full payment in crystals anymore because they are used for cultivation too.

"Its always a pleasure to make transections with you!"

Before long could Elor go and collect everything he wanted. He stilö used a space ring because somehow he couldn't form a soul space. He had a soul core now but something did hinder him about making a soul space.

On the way back did Elor buy some simple things to make a supper. It was almost time to eat. What surprised him was when he unlocked the door were Tanya and Lorelei sitting in the lobby and talking.

"Look who is back, we already wanted to look in every bar for you!" Tanya said this in a voice who could be from a wife berating her husband.

Lorelei laughed when she heard her say this. Elor was happy when he saw her laugh, he didn't like what he heard though.

"So what did you two talk about? I only heard 'sure he will or else just undress', please don't tell me you told her something weird Tanya."

If Elor had to say which person he most respected, it was Numia. If he had to say which person he most feared, this women before him, Tanya. Not because of cultivation realm or anything, this women was just too scary! She really knew what and when to say, almost like a puppeteer behind the scene.

Tanya gazed at Lorelei and stood up. "Tehehe I will leave that to young miss Lorelei, have a good meal you two. Ahh its almost like you're a couple. Living under the same house, the man pays for everything and the women can just enjoy life. If there only was something for the women to do. Ahhh life." These where words who were said by Tanya while leaving. 

At that moment did he understand that just maybe, his day could get even worse.

1