Chapter 14 The Great Sir
1.2k 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is no shortage of rooms on the wagon.

There are just under sixty students and professors combined at Hogwarts, so the dormitories are divided into spacious double rooms instead of quadruple or quintuple rooms.

There was no coincidence that Jon and Neville had been assigned to the same dormitory, as Professor McGonagall had done so on purpose.

Of the new students, apart from the only girl, Lavender, counting Jon, there are four boys in total, of which there are exactly two brought back from the outside, and the other two are family members of the Order of the Phoenix members, so they already have basic knowledge about the wizarding world.

Whether to allow Jon and Justine to settle into their wizard identity more quickly, or to make them get over the sadness and grief of being separated from their familiar family and surroundings as quickly as possible, separating the two of them into different accommodations would certainly be the best option.

The student dormitory is not that big, but there is more than enough space for two people, and it is furnished with two four-poster beds, two desks and chairs, and a window that cannot be opened.

The beds had already been tidied up before they came in, and the daily necessities and a few brand-new robes were neatly placed on them.

Jon sat by the window and his eyes glanced right out of the wagon window.

After the dinner on the beach, they boarded the wagon and continued their journey. All one could see when looking out through the window was the darkness outside, with an occasional glimpse of what vaguely looked like something passing by, the ground slightly trembling with a shudder as they passed.

"I've heard this wagon is improved based on the enchantments on the Knight's Bus, we can go almost anywhere in Europe on it, but it seems Professor Dumbledore has never let this wagon travel out of England."

Neville sat on the bed just across from Jon, and he blinked as he recounted the history of the wagon.

Jon retracted his gaze from the window as he looked over at the round-faced boy opposite him.

"Did your family teach you magic before you came to Hogwarts?"

Neville said with a nod.

"Of course, we are living a dangerous life together as a family even if it wasn't at Hogwarts, both the Longbottoms and the Weasleys where Ron is from are wanted by the Ministry of Magic, so my dad taught me a few spells specifically with his wand before coming to school at Hogwarts, but they were minor spells used for help, I don't have a wand myself and I don't get to practice much, I don't know any spells that are too advanced."

Jon's interest rose at once; magic held the greatest appeal to him, whether in times of peace or now when it is full of danger.

"Can you give me a demonstration?"

Neville didn't refuse as he raised his wand in his hand, and he gripped it like he hadn't held it in a long while, feeling it in his hand, and then he gave it a gentle upward plus horizontal swing.

"Lumos."

A faint glow lit up at the tip of Neville's wand, the glow was not dazzling, but it did illuminate the space in the dormitory.

Jon's eyes glowed as he watched the light glow, and he raised the chestnut wand he held.

"A flick and a horizontal stroke as you recite the incantation, is that right?"

"Yes, it's a very simple spell, and if used skilfully you can even omit the wand gesture and cast it if your wand is nearby while you don't have it in your hand, as a way to make it easier for the wizard to find the wand you've just lost and forgotten where it is."

As he watched the way Jon leapt to his feet, Neville couldn't resist the urge to speak up and remind.

"I wouldn't advise you to try it on your own right now, although this spell is simple, a beginner could easily ignite the tip of the wand if they made a mistake while learning it, which might cause irreversible damage to the wand itself."

Jon stopped moving his hands at once, he was impatient to try the magic of this world, but if there is a risk of harming this wand in his hands, then he could suppress his curiosity.

After all, to him and this Hogwarts, this isn't just a wand that could be easily replaced if damaged.

"Anyway, we're in a wizarding school now, there's really no rush to learn magic." Jon slid the wand in his hand back into the pocket of his long robe on his bed, "What classes do we have tomorrow?"

The class schedules had been handed out by Professor McGonagall after the dinner, and Jon and Neville both received a copy together.

"The first class in the morning is Professor Slughorn's History of Magic, then Professor McGonagall's Herbology class, there's another class in the afternoon which is taught by Professor Flitwick on Charms, and finally in the early evening we're scheduled to give a hand to our fifth-year seniors who are preparing dinner."

As he spoke they both changed into their pyjamas and lay down on the soft bed, both of them didn't feel very sleepy, so they talked about other things as they lay in bed.

"That Dark Lord you speak of does he have a name?"

"Of course he does, it's not like he's a real demon who crawled out of hell, but his name is something that no one dares to say before, people in the wizarding world called him 'The You-know-who'."

"Isn't he now the First Lord of the Ministry of Magic and that Hogwarts castle? People wouldn't still call him like that would they?"

"You guessed right, from what my father said, after the Dark Lord consolidated his hold on authority throughout the wizarding world, he seems to have had a personality change and isn't as cruel and crazy as he used to be. He has given all wizards a different hierarchy of status according to their bloodlines, without completely removing or imprisoning the muggle wizards he used to hate and wanted to kill. No one dared to call him something like 'You-know-who' or 'The Dark Lord' in the outside world and apart from his inner circle, who still calls him 'Lord', the rest of the wizarding community address him as 'The Great Sir!'"

"Great sir haha."

"What are you laughing at?"

"If he came up with this title on his own, it's too boastful, and if the others deliberately spread the word to call him that, then that's pretty much a straightforward prostration."

"Actually, come to think of it, those people are also trying to stay alive."

"Yeah, nobody wants to die."

"But for some people, there are things that are more important than life and death."

When the first rays of the morning sun shone through the window, Jon opened his eyes from his sleep.

Neville joined him and washed up before leaving the dormitory and heading to the dining room on the wagon for breakfast.

All three meals of the day here were prepared by the students themselves, and breakfast is no exception. In addition to the class schedule, Professor McGonagall had also arranged a cooking schedule, with a different year in charge of breakfast, lunch and dinner each day, and if the number of students in the year is relatively few, then some of the younger students would also be assigned to give them a hand.

Both Ron and Justin, as well as Lavender who stayed in the girls' dormitory side, joined them at the table; after all, they are all freshmen in the same year, attending classes together and with the highest chance of interacting and getting in touch with each other.

Once the five had finished their breakfast, they walked together towards the History of Magic classroom, ready to begin their first class since arriving at Hogwarts.

--------------

#TheBerryMan, Thanks for all your love and support.

Read advance chapters on Patreon. If you have some extra pocket money, Support me at Patreon: www.patreon.com/Crazy_Cat.

Happy Reading!!!

36