Chapter 20 – Annabelle Smith
2.4k 8 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My work started today.

Unexpectedly, or rather as expected, I worked from home with Ami today.

“Rei, please stack the documents like this. Put the one that needs my signature on the left, and please read the ebook I sent to you through email after that.”

“Alright.”

We were in the living room, dealing with documents that Ami had printed just earlier. It was today’s quota, but the documents were already thick. There were 5 stacks with more than 100 papers each within a stack.

I was impressed that Ami could finish sorting these documents by herself yesterday without any help. We had been doing this for 2 hours since 7 in the morning after we had breakfast together, and we had almost finished sorting everything when a document caught my attention.

“The TM request to trade?” I read the document out loud, glancing at Ami.

“Oh, I almost forgot about that. TM is the abbreviation for troublemakers. I think it’s time to supply new bodysuits to them. I think they need 3 new enhanced bodysuits that help to slightly increase a person’s physical power. Give it to me, Rei. I will sign that.”

“Uh… sure.” I handed the paper to Ami, and she signed it immediately after looking at the clause written on it.

I had never expected to hear the group’s name after what I did yesterday to those 2 girls. My memory of my first outdoor experience with them was jogged out, but I quickly shook my head to focus on my job.

“Ami… Don't a lot of people hate troublemakers?” I asked as I looked at Ami.

“Indeed. But the troublemakers are needed in District 2. I don’t hate them slightest because they wanted to help people, just like what I wanted. That’s why they made a deal with me, knowing that I have some altruistic instinct, and I agreed to help them acquire some bodysuits. Of course, they pay me higher than the marketplace. It’s a win-win deal.” Ami explained as she smiled at me.

“I see.”

Thankfully, even though Ami had altruistic behavior, she didn’t give those bodysuits for free. She still made a lot of profit from the trade.

“It’s perfect. Because only one of my subordinates and we know this deal under me, why don’t you go with her to finish the deal? Just think of it as a work experience.” Ami winked and pointed her index finger at me. “You can do anything to her if you want to, you know?” She added.

“Aha…haha…” I let out a dry laugh at how easily Ami said those things. My girlfriend didn’t mind me cheating with other girls. How rare and precious a girlfriend I had.

Maybe because today’s society, where the number of women more than men, fueled this way of thinking. The world now has a 70:30 ratio of women to men. More than 50% of men died in the pandemic five years ago.

It wasn’t too clear when one was in a big city like Solace and Mai City, but it was really apparent in Districts 3 to 70.

The reason why more men died in the pandemic wasn’t really important, like men had weaker resistance against the pandemic. No, it was because of a stupid reason. Men loved to mess around and ignored rules.

When all people wore masks to avoid the pandemic, men searched for a way to get infected by the pandemic. Because those who got a superpower all contracted the pandemic one way or another.

Not all patients got a superpower, but the probability of awakening a superpower was enough for men to do something stupid to get infected.

Of course, I was one of them. We had no money for my mother’s illness because she spent it on buying my cure. That was why I felt guilty and did my best to make money in Solace city.

Back to the topic, my first work was a back deal with a vigilante group. This was really a rather odd job I did.

“How is it?” Ami inquired once again.

“Alright. But I won’t do anything to your subordinate if she doesn’t ask for it. I don’t want to destroy your personal relationship, truly.” I claimed.

Ami was my savior. If possible, I didn’t want to destroy her relationship with her friends or family by unwillingly putting my hand on them. If they asked or attacked me, I wouldn’t hold back from using my Snake Eyes and Milking Room to get back at them. Otherwise, I wouldn’t use my skill on them.

“Well, if that’s your choice. But do milk her if you are in a bind because of your side-effect. Besides, her superpower is really convenient, and you will need it. I will contact my subordinate then. I will send the deal’s location to your phone later.”

Ami pulled out her phone and called someone. “Anna? It’s me.”

***

An hour later, the bell of our apartment rang.

Ding dong!

“She’s here. Let’s go, Rai.” Ami said as she rose from the sofa and approached the door. I followed her from behind as my partner in today’s deal arrived to pick me up.

When she opened the door, a beautiful woman with blonde hair tied in a bun stood in front of it. I could already see the large twin mountains hidden under her full business suit.

As a carrier woman, she wore a mini skirt and black stockings. Her sharp blue eyes, hidden beneath glasses, looked at me straight in a questioning manner.

“You’re here, Anna,” Ami said, taking her attention away from me. “Please enter.” She said, gesturing to enter.

“Yes, Miss Yomemiya. Is there anything you need from me?” She asked as she entered the room and turned to me. “And who might this gentleman be?”

“Let me introduce both of you. This is Imamura Rei. I have assigned him to be my assistant starting today. And this is Annabelle Smith, my personal driver.”

‘Driver?’ I asked in my mind. ‘A female driver wearing a full business suit? Seriously, Ami?’ I looked at Ami to make sure, and she nodded.

“It’s nice to meet you, Miss Smith,” I said to the blonde woman and extended my hand.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Mr. Imamura.” She greeted me. Her expression remained stoic, and her face didn’t move a muscle as she shook my hand. “Hmm…” She mumbled in a low voice as she observed me carefully.

Clap!

Ami clapped her hands on the side, making us turn toward her direction. She had a big smile on her face.

“Now that both of you are acquainted, can I leave the deal with the troublemakers to you guys?” She said, then she turned to Miss Smith. “You can trust Rei, Anna. He’s the person I trust the most beside you.”

“I… see?” Miss Smith replied as she looked at me suspiciously.

As expected. She wouldn’t trust anyone that suddenly showed up and became Ami’s assistant, right? If I was in her position, that was what I would do too.

“Yes, you can trust him. Your superpower also didn’t give you any alarm, no?”

“Indeed, that’s the case, but…” Miss Smith’s words trailed as she looked at Ami’s big, innocent eyes. She seemed to falter a little and glanced at me. I just smiled faintly at her, and she sighed. “Fine… I will trust him, Miss Yomemiya. If you said to trust him, then as your employee, I can only believe your words.”

“Alright! I hope there will be no problem with the deal!”

“You can leave it to me.” Miss Smith nodded. “Mr. Imamura. We better get going now. I hope you can follow my instructions later, seeing that this is the first deal you attend.”

“Don’t worry, Miss Smith. I won’t do anything without your permission.” I replied.

“Very well.” She nodded, satisfied. I guessed that I had passed her judgment. She seemed to lower her guard a little against me after Ami said she trusted me. “We will leave now, Miss Yomemiya. The goods are in the usual place, right?”

“Un. You just need to get the items from the warehouse and go to the meeting place. I am counting on you, Anna. Please don’t forget my words earlier too, Rei.”

‘Her words?’ I looked at Ami, and she smiled rather cheekily. ‘Ah, about milking her subordinate earlier.’

Even when I said I didn’t want to destroy her relationship, Ami still pushed me to milk her subordinate, Miss Smith. She said Miss Smith’s superpower was convenient, and I needed it, but… I didn’t see her as a strong woman. Heck, I felt her superpower was way weaker than even Lucia’s.

I nodded at Ami to reassure her. I knew she was just worried about me.

When I was lost in my thoughts, Miss Smith opened the door and urged me.

“Let’s go, Mr. Imamura.”

“Ah, yes.”

***

We went to the underground parking spot of the apartment and entered a black car. The car looked luxurious, and the seat was soft.

Once we entered the car and put on our seatbelts, Miss Smith looked at me and warned me.

“Truthfully, I don’t trust you yet, Mr. Imamura. But since Miss Yomemiya said she trusted you, I hope you won’t betray her trust, or I will never forgive you.”

She looked serious as she narrowed her eyes.

“I understand,” I answered her seriously. “That might be the reason why Ami asked me to attend the deal with you, Miss Smith. I think she wanted to show you that I am trustworthy enough to have this position, her closest employee.”

I could see her eyes widen a little.

“It’s a surprise.” She said, “I think you are going to say that I need to trust you because Miss Yomemiya trusted you. I need to change my perspective of you a little, Mr. Imamura.”

“Hahaha… I learned something from the past. Having someone trust you doesn’t mean that the others would trust you too.”

Of course, that was just a lie. I never learned anything in the past. I only learned that having no position or credibility meant no one would trust you.

Currently, I have no credibility aside from Ami, so Miss Smith didn’t trust me a bit. I needed to make her trust me with my conduct.

“That’s a good attitude. I hope you can learn from this deal too. Because the other party is hated by many, we need to be careful as there are many dangers involved in a deal like this. I will tell you if there is any danger, so please don’t worry. I need you to run away at that moment, though.”

“Yes.” I nodded.

“I will explain the course of the deal on the way. There has never been a single accident before, so it is alright to just follow my instructions.”

“I will do so.”

Miss Smith nodded, started the car engine, and we began to move. I was a bit nervous as my first job was immediately dangerous. But as she assured me there had been no accident before, my body relaxed a little bit.

Even though there would be an accident, I could always run with my Milking Room. Because I could also take one girl inside the room, I could also save Miss Smith. All in all, I could always run away when I was in danger.

‘But let’s be careful. There is no point if I am not careful and get ambushed before I activate my Milking Room.’

Support me in my patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

50