Chapter 2: Hero? Villain? I choose…
12.2k 19 279
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Hero? Villain? I choose...

Benjamin was a bit speechless...rather, thoughtless since he was conversing with the System with his thoughts.

He has never heard of a System without a status window!

...Granted all his knowledge is from those web novels he used to read in the past...but still...

How about levels? Are there any levels?

[What use are levels here? No matter how strong you are, if you aren’t bulletproof, one bullet to the heart or brain can still kill you! This isn't a game!]

Well, it does have a point.

After thinking about it, Benjamin can only accept the strangeness of the System and focus on the items he got earlier.

From what he remembers, he got 500 MP and some kind of serum.

He pulled up his Inventory with a thought and an item appeared in his mind.

[Super Soldier Serum (Refined)]

[A serum created by Dr. Abraham Erskine and further refined by this System so you won't need any other equipment or experience pain and shock!]

[Do you want to use it?]

Shit! Turns out, this is Captain America serum!!!

Moreover, there is no further use of big machines and no pain!

Of course, use it!

[Acknowledged.]

Immediately after, he felt a cool sensation throughout his body and the feeling in his muscles felt denser than before.

The muscles in his body quickly expanded and contracted, becoming an ideal proportion of muscle and fat.

It was only after a few seconds that his body stopped changing and Benjamin felt an indescribable power surging throughout his body!

[Super Soldier Serum (Refined) has been successfully integrated. As this is a refined version, your body structure won't be as big as Captain America but your muscles are more refined and denser than his!]

When he heard this, he instantly understood why his body didn't expand as much as Captain America. Turns out, the stuff of the System is better than the original!

[Hmph! Of course, it is!]

Benjamin smiled as he heard the System's prideful tone.

He gripped his fist tightly a few times, seemingly trying to get used to this sudden new strength.

After a while, he focused on the 500 MP that he has and opened the Store function.

As soon as he did, he was shocked!

Damn, this System truly has everything Marvel! And then some!

Heck, there are even Infinity Stones here! And it's worth 10 Trillion MP!

This is broke as fuck! Will the universal laws even allow for two same Infinity Stones to appear!?

[In front of this System, the universal laws can only go eat shit!]

…So domineering ah…

Anyway, looking at the items in the store, he realized that his own 500 MP was still too small.

The good ones are priced at a minimum of 100 MP while those miscellaneous items are at least 10 MP.

After looking through it, he asked the System to categorize it for future convenience.

The categories were as follows:

Stat Enhancers: Items that increase his basic stats like strength, speed, reflexes, senses, and such. The Super Soldier Serum (Refined) from before falls under this category.

Medicines: These are items that provide recovery like HP potions of a game. It's just that there is a huge variety of them so he categorized it like so.

Weapons: As the name implies, these are the items that can be considered as a weapon. This is further divided into subcategories according to type.

Equipment: Different from weapons, these are the items that can be worn on the body. Armor and apparel are also included here as well as accessories.

Skills: Combat manuals, cultivation, powers, and such fall in this category.

Knowledge: Various knowledge such as nanotech, arc reactor technology, pym particle technology and such can be found here.

Miscellaneous: These are the items that are not able to be categorized from the above categories. The Infinity Stones fall under this as well. After all, the stone itself is not really a weapon and by itself, not considered equipment either.

Benjamin then thought of what to buy.

Since I have limited funds at the moment, Let's buy some Medicines in case of an emergency.

[Small Recovery Pill x5] worth 10 MP per piece, totaling 50 MP.

[Medium Recovery Pill x5] worth 30 MP per piece, totaling 150 MP.

[High Recovery Pill x2] worth 150 MP per piece, totaling 300 MP.

Just like that, the 500 MP was gone but Benjamin didn't regret it since his life is more important.

There are actually more amazing items here but he felt that this should be enough for now.

Anyway, it's not like Thanos would come every Friday or something.

[That's true, but who's to say the Hulk won't drop by every Thursday?]

Don't jinx it System!

Benjamin immediately rebuked the System for saying unlucky things.

He then looked into the Gacha function.

[Since this is the host's first time, the first draw is free!]

Oohh, free is good!

Initially, Benjamin just thought to look at it but didn't think that he would get a free draw!

He immediately thought of drawing and a Gacha machine appeared in his mind.

He has no idea what the rate was in this thing but the Gacha balls inside seemed to be differently colored.

From what he can see, there are 80% white colored ones, 10% blue colored, 5% green colored, 4% red colored, and 1% gold colored which he just caught a glimpse of.

With this, he can deduce that these are according to rarity.

After a few seconds, a white capsule dropped off. Well, it can't be helped, there are a lot of white ones after all.

Benjamin thought to open it immediately.

[Congratulations to host for getting HUD Contacts]

Eh? HUD Contacts? What's this?

Benjamin was confused so he read the description first.

[HUD Contacts: Contact lenses fitted with the latest micro tech in the universe! Capable of analyzing terrain, aim assist, and systems display! (Can be integrated into the System)]

Ehh...isn't this like a game then?

There was no hesitation, Benjamin immediately used it!

[HUD Contacts recognized. Integrating System to contact's OS.]

[Integration successful. Host is now no longer able to remove contacts and would be integrated into the host's eyes.]

Suddenly, blue lights filled his vision as the HUD Contacts booted up.

All sorts of programs started up and completed in a few seconds.

He felt like Iron Man but without the helmet!

[System online.]

Benjamin looked around and found that if he focused on someone's face, the System would pull up that person's profile and records.

It also analyzed the surroundings and locked into potential threats such as guns that the guards were carrying behind their backs and the hidden knife at the thigh of a nurse.

Eh? A hidden knife!? Why is a nurse carrying a hidden knife!?

Benjamin instantly focused on the nurse's face and pulled up her records.

[Natasha Alianovna Romanova (Natasha Romanoff) - Black Widow. Affiliated with SHIELD and the Avengers.]

Benjamin's eyes went wide as he read through her records which included her 3 sizes, age, kill count, and other stuff.

Damn, unexpectedly, he had met this beauty so soon!?

But why was she here? And disguised as a nurse?

Also, how am I able to pull up these classified files?

Benjamin thought in confusion.

[Hmph, this System can get into any system in the universe!]

Benjamin was speechless.

Maybe because he was staring at her for a while, Natasha felt something and looked in his direction.

Benjamin was surprised to see her suddenly turn so he immediately looked away, pretending not to be interested in her but still occasionally glancing at her direction since he was afraid she would suddenly kill him or something.

Natasha raised an eyebrow at him, confused, then seemingly understanding something, she giggled and left.

Once he was sure that she was gone, Benjamin sighed in relief.

He knows that despite how sexy that girl is, she is also just as deadly as a super spy!

Forget it, anyway, what she’s doing here isn’t any of his business...

After a while, he calmed down and looked at the Quests function.

[Main Quest: Hero or Villain!]

[In this Marvel World, you will be given a choice sooner or later. Will you be one of the good guys, or will you fall to the dark side? It is time to choose!]

[Rewards: 100 MP, Hero/Villain Pack, Free Gacha Draw.]

[This quest has no penalty as there is no chance of failure. Host, please make your choice as it would affect future quests and development of the System!]

Benjamin was surprised at the sudden quest and fell silent.

The System was also patient and didn't rush him since it is also fully aware of how this choice would impact his life.

Time passed as Benjamin continued to think in silence.

Finally, he made a choice.

System, I choose...to be a Policeman!

[Acknowledged. Host has chosen to be a Policeman...eh?]

--------------------------

Notes: Were you shocked? Huh? Were you? XD

279