Chapter 102: Great Power, Great Responsibility
2.9k 8 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 102: Great Power, Great Responsibility

After being convinced that he was too unlucky this morning, Benjamin stopped pulling for gacha as he was already satisfied with his gains last night.

Even if the Beyonder appeared, he could just use the Ultimate Nullifier and poof goes the man.

While thinking of such things, Benjamin had already left his room and went to look for the others.

The two Deaths had already taken refuge inside Benjamin’s Soul Stone.

Right, the other Death, Mara, had also decided to stay in his Soul Stone from now on.

Benjamin wondered if it was fine to just leave her world just like that.

Mara explained that it was fine to leave it for a while. She can just go back every now and then to claim the souls of the dead. There was no reason to be here 24/7.

As for what happens if the souls of the dead accumulate too much?

Apparently, the Beyonder of one world tried to kill that world’s Death just because he wondered what would happen.

The result was…well, in simple terms, Marvel Zombie.

It was a world where everyone had turned into zombies…

When Benjamin heard about that, he was kinda curious about it and wondered if he should visit it once someday.

At the same time, Benjamin sighed at how unpredictable the Beyonder could be.

That guy seems to do things at his whim.

Benjamin even wondered if he should go and use the Ultimate Nullifier in his own world and kill the Beyonder so he doesn’t do something stupid.

Actually, I’ve been saying this in my head for a while but can the Ultimate Nullifier even be used against the Beyonder?

Benjamin thought as he didn’t exactly fully understand the scope of the Ultimate Nullifier’s capabilities.

[For others, no. But this is the System’s Ultimate Nullifier. It can be used to completely and utterly eliminate any target the wielder chooses. Naturally, except the System.]

Ohh…I didn’t think of that. Rather, why would I use it on you?

[You never know.]

…System, here you go again and your foreshadowings! Can’t you speak properly for once!?

[...]

Benjamin sighed and shook his head.

In any case, it was good to know that he can use it on the Beyonder.

Although he only has one use so Benjamin deliberated whether he should use it immediately after going back or save it in case of emergency.

“It would be nice if I had two…”

[Host is too greedy.]

Benjamin rolled his eyes at the System.

Such an OP thing, won’t anyone want to have a lot of it?

Thinking that, Benjamin decided to do another wave of gacha when he finished the matter here.

Maybe he’ll get another. Or better yet, two more!

[...]

The System was speechless at its host’s crazy imagination.

However, to be safe, the System did a silent update to make sure the RNG wasn’t somehow tempered.

After all, there exists someone who can do that just to make writing easier…

Author: “Ahem. I don’t know what you mean.”

(Also the Author: This part is just a joke btw. I blame my drunk ass for writing.)

After some time, Benjamin met up with the others and they all started to discuss again regarding the plan.

Cosmic Spider-Man started the meeting.

“Now that everyone’s gotten some rest, we need to talk about our actions moving forward. Although everyone is safe here, it isn’t really a solution to remain here. We need to do something.”

Superior Spider-Man frowned.

“Is there even a need to talk about this? You all know how powerful the Inheritors are. We’re not safe outside this world. What we need to do is bid our time. Find their weakness. Then exploit it!”

“And how long is that going to take, Doc Ock? How many more of us will have to die while we sit around and wait!?”

One of the Peters frowned, clearly not a fan of this Superior Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-Man narrowed his eyes.

“They only have themselves to blame for being weak!”

“What did you just say!?”

Spider-Girl snapped at him.

Of course, she would be angry.

Both her parents died because of the Inheritors and here he was mocking them.

Not only her, but even the others frowned at Superior Spider-Man.

Benjamin looked at him and slowly walked closer.

Without another word, he placed his hand on Superior Spider-Man’s face and lifted him up.

“What are you-”

“Do you really think, that you can be a Spider-Man, just because you have Peter Parker’s face and mask?”

Benjamin asked in a cold tone.

Superior Spider-Man shouted as he tried to struggle from Benjamin’s grasp.

“Enough! I am Spider-Man! I have done more good as Spider-Man than that kid Parker ever had in his life! I am the Superior Spider-Man!”

“Being a Spider-Man isn’t about doing more. It’s about responsibility. With great power, comes great responsibility…”

Benjamin turned to look at the other Spider-Men.

“Everyone here, in some way or another, embodies this sentence. With or without their masks.”

Benjamin turned back to Superior Spider-Man…no, to Doctor Octopus.

“But not you. You don’t know half of what that sentence even means. Even if you have Peter Parker’s face. His abilities. His mask. You will never be a Spider-Man…at least, not in your current state.”

Benjamin took the multiverse portal bracelet on his wrist and opened a portal.

“You will remember nothing of what happened here. Go back to your world. You are not needed here.”

“Nooo!!!”

Benjamin used his Telepathic abilities to erase his memories of being involved with the spider-verse then tossed him into the portal.

After making sure he passed through the portal of his home world, Benjamin closed the portal.

“Capt…”

Peter approached Benjamin, not knowing what to say.

Earlier, when Benjamin said those words, Peter was reminded of his Uncle Ben. At the same time, he felt more familiar with Benjamin. As if the shadow of his Uncle Ben had overlapped with Benjamin’s silhouette.

Benjamin smiled and placed his hand on his head.

“Don’t mind him. When I was erasing his memory, I also reawakened Peter Parker’s mind. Doctor Octopus will no longer be able to control his body soon.”

As for what happens next, it was up to that world’s Peter.

It was also worth noting that even though Benjamin erased Doctor Octopus’ memory, he didn’t do so to Peter.

So everything was still remembered by the Peter inside Doctor Octopus’ subconscious.

Otherwise, he wouldn’t have said so many things when he was gonna erase his memory anyway.

Spider-Girl also approached Benjamin.

“...Thank you.”

Benjamin simply nodded then turned to Cosmic Spider-Man.

“I apologize for the interlude there.”

“It’s fine. Even I was about to do something to him. We have been tolerating him for a while now since we needed all the hands we can get.”

“But is it okay to bring him back? Won’t the Inheritors go after him?”

Movie Spider-Gwen asked.

Benjamin smiled.

“It’s fine. I plan on settling this thing today. After all, I still have work to do.”

Benjamin then turned to Kaine and tossed the multiverse portal bracelet to him.

“Set the coordinates.”

“Finally.”

Kaine grinned and started to operate the bracelet.

Miguel frowned and quickly asked.

“Sorry, what’s this? What are you guys doing?”

Benjamin answered.

“We’re going to the homeworld of the Inheritors and decimate them.”

“What!? No! That’s too dangerous! Didn’t you forget!? They are after Kaine!”

“I’m also going.”

Silk added.

“No! No no no! That’s the Bride and the Other! They can’t go!”

Miguel tried to stop them but Benjamin shook his head.

“It’s fine. According to what you said, they need the Bride, the Other, the Scion, and the Prodigy to complete their thing. It’s fine even if you focus on protecting the Scion here. Even if we fail, they still won’t get what they want. Not that we’ll fail anyway.”

Cosmic Spider-Man turned to look at Kaine and Silk, then at little Benjie who was still being carried by Jessica Drew.

He then looked at Benjamin and asked.

“Are you confident?”

“100%. Even if the Beyonder shows up, I can whoop his ass.”

“...That’s certainly reassuring.”

Cosmic Spider-Man smiled.

He was naturally aware of the existence of the Beyonder.

For Benjamin to use his name in this situation is no joke.

If what he said was true…then there was nothing to fear.

“In that case, let’s do it. I’ll stay here and protect Benjie. I’ll leave it to you to deal with the Inheritors.”

“You can count on it.”

Benjamin nodded.

Miguel looked at the two and sighed.

“We’re really going to do this?”

Movie Miles approached him and patted his shoulder.

“Give up, it’s already been decided.”

“...Fine…”

Miguel gave up.

Of course, he didn’t give up on the fight. He just gave up on trying to persuade them that this was a bad idea.

Since it was pretty much decided, he would follow them as well and help.

At this moment, Kaine finished setting up the portal and a portal appeared in front of everyone.

Just as they were about to go in, several figures came out of it.

“Hooh? What do we have here? Spiders. What a feast!”

A huge guy with long white hair and beard wearing aristocratic clothes stood at the front of the group.

He looked at Silk, Kaine, and little Benjie.

“How nice of you to gather all three totems for me. As for the Prodigy…”

He looked around a bit then sniffed.

“Hmm…I can smell her. She’s near.”

“Inheritors!”

Miguel scowled and red blades extended from his arm as he and the others got ready for battle.

Cosmic Spider-Man frowned and walked forward.

“You dare enter my world? You have made a big mistake!”

The large man merely sneered.

“Mistake? Haha. I am something you have never seen before. I am Solus. I herald the death of you all.”

He raised his hand and signaled the group behind him.

“Boys, feast! Kill as many as you can.”

The war has begun.

85