17. Press Conference
163 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ciel flew with the Shadow Eagle for about 15 minutes.

They didn't go far, just circled around the banyan tree.

Even though it was only for a short time, Ciel was quite adept at keeping his body stable.

He thought it was quite fun.

After loading the Shadow Eagle into his body, he took the eagle's eggs.

"I'll cook them later," he said.

He then put them into his Body Space. And at the same time, he took out the safe he had stolen and his Laser Pistol.

He hadn't examined the safe in detail yet, so this time, he took another look at it, even shook it, but there was no sound inside as if it was empty.

After feeling that it was useless, he placed the muzzle of the pistol against the side of the safe.

"I hope this will work," he said.

He stared at the grip of the pistol.

There were ten points of green light there. They represent the amount of energy stored in the gun. One point of light means one shot. If they disappear, Ciel will have to replenish their energy. With Life Cores, of course.

And if he only relied on the Life Cores of Ordinary First-Order Monsters, he might need over a hundred Cores to replenish his energy. In other words, ten Life Cores for one shot. It's really very expensive.

"Let's start," Ciel said again before pulling the trigger of the pistol.

Blue light gathered in front of its muzzle, radiating heat that caused some of the surrounding grass to turn to ashes.

Whoosh!

It finally fired a laser that slowly turned the part of the safe it hit into nothingness.

However, the safe was obviously very powerful too since the laser didn't completely penetrate it when it disappeared.

Ciel didn't care about that.

He quickly peeked inside the safe.

"What's that?" he immediately wondered.

There was a glass box and in the glass case, he saw a leaf.

It was dark green in color and had specks of light all over it.

"Leaf from the Tree of Life, boss, you hit the jackpot." Dark Crow said excitedly.

"What are the benefits of this leaf?" Ciel asked.

"Can turn old into young again, in other words, increase your age."

"What?" Ciel felt like he misheard something.

"I'm serious, boss!"

"This is crazy, how did this thing get in the museum?" Ciel still found it hard to believe.

But after thinking about it, he felt that it was possible that the owner, the company had purposely hidden it there to avoid enemies from trying to seize it.

Sometimes an unsafe place is even safer.

"Then who exactly is this for?" Ciel also felt worried.

It was now clear that it would be used to save someone's life.

The RedRock Company might send a lot of force into this town later, when the police here can't find their safe.

'No no, if any equally powerful faction wanted this leaf to disappear, they would definitely use all means to block the RedRock Company from sending force here,' Ciel thought.

The faction probably wanted the leaf too but they certainly didn't mind it disappearing as long as it didn't fall into the hands of the RedRock Company.

"However, isn't this useless to me?" He says.

"Unless I sell it in the future or save whoever needs it if it benefits me."

Ciel felt quite excited.

Phew!

He exhaled.

"Now continue hunting," he said, tucking the safe back into his Body Space.

...

Two hours later, Ciel managed to collect 35 Life Cores.

Some are the Life Cores of Captain Monster.

His own Life Core had increased by 4% and was now 43%.

Unfortunately, he didn't find any monsters unique enough, so he didn't create any new Shadow Slaves.

Two hours of continuous fighting left him completely exhausted, so he returned immediately.

Even though Evolvers are amazing creatures, they can't fight all the time, proper rest is a necessary thing too.

Exiting the Dungeon portal, he found it was quite quiet outside.

Looking around briefly, he stepped into the checkpoint.

A policeman entering the Dungeon didn't need to pay taxes, but still had to be inspected even if he was a commissioner.

It is not known who came up with this strange rule, but it was clearly meant for something.

However, the police who examined Ciel did not dare to examine in detail.

Ciel didn't care either because most of the Life Cores he got, he kept in his Body Space.

After that, he returned to the station.

Some police are at work. Among the Vice Captains, Ciel only saw Kaiya who was busy at the computer, seemed to be writing a report.

Of course, the police here weren't just in charge of guarding the Dungeons, but also maintaining security in the surrounding area. Sometimes there are fights or other crimes, so some policemen here will go to take care of it.

Ciel wanted to go to the second floor, but he put it off when he saw an interesting piece of news on the tv.

RedRock Company press conference.

The policemen who were at work turned their gazes to the television after hearing the news being broadcast.

They whispered to each other softly, discussing that mysterious shadow power user.

Maybe ordinary people don't know that the stolen items belong to the RedRock Company, but as local police, they naturally know.

2