18. Demon Dog
154 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a conference room full of reporters, a group of people entered from a side door.

Ciel was quickly surprised because among the people, he found two middle-aged soldiers with three stars on their shoulders.

Three Star General.

They really are big shots. Each is usually the leader of a division.

One by one, the people sat down at a long table with a mic in front.

The one in the center was a woman, looking to be in her early 30s. She had brown hair in a neat bun and was dressed professionally.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I am Claudia, spokesperson for RedRock Company," she said.

Right after that, a reporter asked. "Lady Claudia, it's rare for the RedRock Company to have such a big press conference, is there anything big going on in the company?"

Claudia shook her head slightly, she replied, "It's not a company problem, but an asset of ours was stolen on Planet Vera. I'm sure you've heard of a recent incident over there involving a shadow user."

She waved her hand, signaling a young woman.

The latter took out her cell phone, showing her screen to the camera.

It emits light which then forms a virtual screen.

From the event in the museum to fights on the flyover, everything is played back on the virtual screen.

A journalist said, "if it's the central management like you relying on press conferences, that means the stolen asset is really very important, can you tell us what it is?"

Claudia was silent for a while and suddenly, she said, "a leaf from the Legendary Tree of Life. Maybe you guys don't know what it is, but it can turn the old back into youth, in other words, prolong life."

“What…” The reporters were immediately dumbfounded.

And it was the same for Ciel who was watching at the police station.

He didn't expect that the woman would say it.

'Do they want someone else hunting me?' Ciel smiled wryly.

Meanwhile, Claudia continued, "to the wielder of the power of the shadow, Demon Dog, you better return what you stole or you will have to suffer the consequences."

She narrowed her eyes, there was a sharp light flashing by.

The two generals there are seen knocking on the table.

They may not have spoken, but their presence made the weight of this press conference many times heavier.

On the other hand, Ciel showed an ugly expression.

'Demon Dog, isn't this title too ugly for me,' he thought.

He wished no one had used that to summon him.

Unfortunately, when he opened the Evolver forums once again, he found there were many who agreed with the call for him.

'Fuck,' said Ciel as he stepped onto the second floor.

In his office, he sits behind a desk, opens a computer.

Occasionally, there would be police coming for various errands.

Several police came to hand over the Life Cores they collected and he put them in the safe in the office room.

There are also police who come to ask for decisions on the determination of the suspect status of the criminals they have arrested.

As long as the evidence is sufficient and in accordance with the law, Ciel will assign them suspect status.

Next is submitting them to the court.

Time passed quietly.

When it was around 16:00, Ciel came downstairs.

He's done all the business.

Downstairs, some of the police had started to leave and there were also some who had just arrived, they were the ones on duty at night.

Kaiya, Smith, and Lin Yu were waiting for him.

Besides them, Ciel also saw seven other people.

They are Senior Police, Ranks below Vice Captain.

"Let's go!" Ciel said while waving his hand.

Behind him, several policemen followed.

They were carrying things that needed to be sent to the Vera 4 Police Station such as the safe that held the Life Cores.

Before going to the party, they still have to go there to report.

Dark Crow returned to Ciel's shoulder as he arrived outside.

The crow didn't come into the office, just waited outside.

The others already knew about the bird, so they didn't react when they saw it, just making slight observations as if to find out how unique it was.

As before, Ciel shared a car with the three Vice Captains while the others used other cars.

Their group slid pretty fast towards the city center.

Meanwhile, Ciel took out his cell phone.

He sent a message to Ning Qingxue.

(I still have business, so I can't pick you up. Tonight, I'll take your motorcycle to your house.)

It didn't take long before he received a reply from Ning Qingxue.

(You really, huh! But alright, I'll ride with the others, I'll wait for you at my house.)

Her last sentence clearly had another meaning, Ciel just smiled before putting his cell phone in his trouser pocket.

He thought he would visit her later. However, it had been over a month since he had made love, something that was quite disturbing for a young man his age.

The woman clearly felt the same way.

Actually, a year ago, she was a very conservative woman, typical of military women in general.

But after making love to Ciel, she kept asking for it.

4