Chapter XLVIII Umeko’s Day
6.7k 8 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Umeko woke to sun filtering in through the window. The light hitting her naked body felt wonderful, and she spread her new wings full and shifted to be more comfortable. She was currently resting in a room provided by the guild. Who really weren’t certain what to do with her. Especially since she refused to wear anything they gave her. Sure some of the items looked cute, but some part of her new body absolutely hated flimsy clothing. As for the blanket they had given her, she had not been able to use it.

  Her pleasure with the sunlight was suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door. Looking up she said, “Come in.”

The door opened and in walked a woman she had met yesterday. She had learned that she was Greybeard’s aide. Melisa was fairly cute, but she got odd vibes from the girl. At least she had believed her about not being a child. She actually got a good look at herself in the mirror, and she was a real cutie. Part of it was her short height, but if you looked for it you could find the evidence of maturity. That height was something she was still getting used to.

Melisa looked around the room and noted the floor. Specifically, the blanket tossed onto the floor. “Something wrong with the blanket?”

She glanced at it, and replied, “it was too restricting and uncomfortable trying to sleep with one. My wings kept getting tangled in it. Guess that is one luxury I will have to give up.”

“I’m guessing your wings were smaller as a man,” replied Melisa with a frown. In a quiet voice, Umeko replied, “I didn’t have wings as a man. I changed races after I died in the dungeon.”

Melisa’s frown deepened and in a confused tone replied, “Uh sweetie the dungeon doesn’t change your race when you die. Only your gender.”

Pushing off the bed, and sitting up, she replied, “The dungeon didn’t change my race, a goddess did that.  Apparently, if your patron is dead, another god or goddess can swoop in and claim you as their own. Since I died in the dungeon, and was technically being granted a new form because of that my form can also be altered to better suit my new patron. Basically, the moment I died in the dungeon, a certain goddess claimed me, and then influenced my change. Honestly, as things go, it could have been far worse. At least I wasn’t changed into a horny lust demon.”

Melisa settled into a chair, and replied, “No. You were changed into a small dragon girl that likes to walk around in the nude.”

“I already told you that I won’t wear any of that cute stuff you keep trying to put me in. I just want a nice set of armor,” replied Umeko with a glare. With a pout, Melisa replied, “A cute girl like you should be wearing some cute clothes.”

“Who the hell wants to walk around in frilly lace!!!? All it does is get in the way, and it serves no purpose. Besides, you act as if armor can’t be cute,” replied Umeko as she puffed her cheeks angrily which only made her look cuter. Before Melisa could say anything else, a portal opened right in the middle of the room, and a certain goddess walked in. She was wearing mage robes of a different design from yesterday. Yesterdays had been old, and cheap-looking ones in the traditional style. Todays were very clearly not traditional, first off was the wide-open back. When she turned around she noted that the fabric only covered half her breasts, and was cut to leave her midriff uncovered. The lower part of the robes flared into a nice skirt, and where yesterday she was wearing boots today she was barefoot. The material didn’t look any nicer, though.

“Good morning Umeko! Sorry I didn’t come talk to you yesterday I was a little busy,” then she turned to Melisa and continued, “Melisa, could you leave us alone for now. I think you have a few reports to review.”

Melisa was confused asked, “Who are you, why are you here, and how do you know my name?”

Arlie put on a friendly smile and answered, “I go by the name Arlie Contrey these days. As for how I know your name, I know everyone’s names. Goes with the territory of being a goddess, and I have new paladin to train.”

Melisa seeming to understand, just nodded and left the room, while Umeko asked, “Training??”

“Yes, training. I have several things to teach you. You have wings and need to learn how to use them. More importantly, I need to teach you how to fly, and also how to fight in your new form. You have no experience with your natural weapons, but I can teach you a great deal about them. Not to mention you have some innate magic that I need to teach you about as well. You’re a blue-tip that means you are gifted with mind, ice, water, and illusion magic. Very powerful magics if you know what you are doing. Ice and water are the easier ones to learn, and mind magic well that will be the tough one,” said Arlie as she settled into a wooden chair.

“That sounds like it will take a while. Out of curiosity, did you mess with my personality to make me dislike clothing?” asked Umeko letting her curiosity get the better out of her. Arlie was silent for a moment, and then her face lit up, “Oh sorry I completely forgot. The Draviri have a strong dislike for clothing. It's practically instinctual. The only stuff they actually wear is armor, and outside of battle they typically prefer being nude. Sorry, I gave you the full instinct package, but I can reduce the dislike if you want.”

Umeko thought for a moment, and then asked, “That wouldn’t require you to enter my head would it?”

Arlie shook her head sadly, and replied, “Unfortunately yes, I will have to mess around in your mind to do that.”

“In that case, I can adapt. I’m just not comfortable with people rooting around in my mind,” replied Umeko as she shifted to find a more comfortable sitting position.

Arlie gave a wry smile, and said, “I didn’t think you would be. I’ll just make you something to wear again. Normally you Draviri wear armor made from your own shed scales, but it will be a while before you start shedding.”

Now very curious and a bit confused asked, “I shed?”

Arlie switched to a reassuring smile, and answered, “Yes, you do. As a Draviri you constantly grow new scales, and about once every two years of your adult life you will shed your skin, and old scales. This does not include your feather-scales. Only children regularly shed those. Adults only shed them after they have been damaged. One thing to keep in mind is that your scales are made of a material that is very valuable. Highly resistant to magic, hard to pierce, and even resistant to blunt force they are an excellent material for armor. I already gave you the knowledge on how to take your old scales and forge them into armor. All you need to do is think on it, and practice the skills.”

Umeko didn’t think much of the shedding. She knew many species with reptilian characteristics shed their skin on a regular basis, and that included most lesser dragon species. She didn’t think it would take much to adapt, and the thing about her scales being good for armor didn’t shock her much either. She knew of several species who were hunted for their scales. Most of them had unique diets that granted special properties to their scales, which made them very useful in high-end armor. This all led her to her next question, “So I take it I have special dietary requirements?”

“Your natural diet isn’t all that different from mine, but to support new scale growth you need a diet rich in minerals,” said Arlie as she materialized a fish from nowhere and tossed it to her. Umeko couldn’t help herself, and ate it in an instant. Even raw and uncooked it was the most delicious thing she had ever eaten. Eagerly she asked, “What was that?”

The following name was completely unpronounceable for her, but she understood the explanation that followed, “ ..., which is a species of tuna that we raise back home. It is very rich in mana and minerals thanks to its own environment. Quite good isn’t it?”

She nodded, and replied, “It was delicious. Do you have more?”

Arlie smiled, and said, “Sure do, but if you want more you will have to earn it.”

Before she could say something, a blue box appeared in her vision. It was a simple low difficulty quest. The reward was just a little different from the norm.

New Quest!

Learn to fly.

Reward:

3 Tuna Fishes

She looked up from the box and found Arlie handing her a bra and panties. The set was clearly made of hardened leather and carved with simple defensive enchantments. Nothing all that special really, but they did qualify as armor. Not to mention they covered her naughty bits, which would make humans more comfortable around her. She slipped them on and found them to be incredibly comfortable, as they clung to her like a second skin.

Before she could say anything Arlie was urging her to follow. She had the impression that she was being treated like a pet, but they weren’t equal. Arlie was a goddess, and she was just a paladin.


While Arlie was taking Umeko out to the woods for some flight lessons, Emily was coming out of her lab. She rubbed some sleep from her eyes and walked down the hall to her living room. Having just woken up she barely registered the presence of her daughters, and the two demonesses that were watching them. The fact that all four were naked didn’t even register, nor did the fact that her daughters were watching the two demonesses pleasure each other.

Barely awake she crossed the room and went into the kitchen to get something for her parched throat. She had just finished quenching her thirst when a hand was suddenly shoved into her panties from behind. The fingers deftly teasing her labia and even brushing her clit. At the same time, someone whispered into her ear, “good morning, want to have some fun to help wake up?”

She moaned and replied, “not here. What if Celine or Megan see?” She had not noticed the two heads poking in from the doorway or the other demoness approaching her. The demoness behind her slipped her fingers into her pussy eliciting a moan, and said, “Doesn’t that make things more exciting?”

She wanted to say no, but the demoness easily played her like a fiddle. She wasn’t even using magic, and got her to say yes. Even if she didn’t realize that she had agreed to give her daughters another show.


Umeko groaned as she crashed back to the ground again. A flutter behind her indicated that Arlie landed behind her. “Not bad for a first flight. Landing could use some work though, but now would be a good time to rest for a few minutes,” said Arlie as she rubbed the base of her wings with glowing hands. Something Umeko noticed when she turned around.

Letting her curiosity get ahead of her again, she asked, “Something wrong with your wings?”

Arlie grimaced and replied with a frown, “Uh, yes, but you would have problems too if you hadn’t used your wings in five hundred millennia.”

She was a little surprised to hear that, and asked, “Why haven’t you used them in so long?” Arlie settled on a nearby rock, and continued to massage her own wing base which required a level of flexibility that Umeko felt a bit jealous of. After a moments silence, she replied, “Its a fairly long story so I will keep it short. About eight hundred millennia ago, I retired from the throne of the Solean Empire. My daughter passed the trials of leadership and ascended to take my throne, and I left to a region of the universe called the Outreaches. However, I was not left with the peace I desired. Every half-baked lordling whose ambitions outweighed their ability chased after me and aggressively challenged me to duels. You see, they believed that if they could defeat me it would be a shortcut to the throne, and many of them deludedly believed they were more deserving than my daughter. Despite the fact that she had passed the trials to get the throne

In response to all these duals, I conducted the greatest disappearing act in Solean history. Using a new spell I created just for the purpose, I changed my gender and my magical signature. Doing so allowed me to escape their notice, and then settle on a remote world called Valiere. A world that I blessed with life, and whose guardianship I entrusted to an ancient dragon named Aurora and eleven of her sisters. Not long after that I cast another spell, and sealed my power and memories. This allowed me to live life again through the eyes of a child, but since I chose to live among humans in the many incarnations I have lived I never once took wing. I have only recently begun using my wings again. Honestly, all I really need to do is exercise them a bit every day, and the muscles will build back up to normal.”

Finding something new of interest she asked, “If you changed your gender to hide why haven’t you changed back?”

Arlie smiled, and replied, “That is a good question, but you will find that gender doesn’t have much meaning when you get to be my age. Honestly, I have grown quite used to the female form, and I also have a child that depends on me for food. I left her with my bond-mates for the day, but I will have to go back to feed her in a couple of hours. Also, I kind of enjoy the increased control that comes with being a girl.”

“Increased control?” asked Umeko with a bit of confusion. Arlie got up and stretched while saying, “I’m referring to magic, males are a bit larger but there is little physical difference between genders for my race, but in magic, there is quite the difference. Women excel at control, while Men are good with power. Now we have had enough of a break. Time to try another flight.”

Umeko groaned, but followed her lead. She had already taken off once, so with a couple of well-timed flaps, she was in the air, and following Arlie. Watching Arlie fly she found it hard to notice that her wing muscles were a little under-developed, but when she started reading mana flows she realized that Arlie was using magic to supplement her flight ability. She spent most of the next two hours being corrected on form by Arlie. This correction also included a number of painful practice landings, but she was soon getting the hang of that as well.

 

125