Chapter 2
616 6 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at my hand and smile a little. This is my Character. A blue-haired young man wearing what looks like very light armor but don't let it fool you; these are a very powerful set of armor and weapons.

Anyway, this character's name is Sullivan, and the owner of this Flying Castle.

This place is called [Himinbjörg], the place where Heimdall used to live.

That's right, used to live. After I defeated Loki, I got this from the All-Father of Asgard, Odin. It was a quest to get one of the rarest jobs in the entire YGGDRASIL called [Asgardian].

It was a quest to avenge the late Heimdall. In mythology, Heimdall and Loki will kill each other in Ragnarok, but Loki manages to kill the Watchman of the Gods before Ragnarok starts. So that is where the mission begins.

The requirement for this mission is also very difficult. The first requirement is the player needs to be a [World Champion] of Asgard. What is a [World Champion]? The developer gave you a job after winning a tournament involving all the players that chose Asgard as their first spawn point.

I need at least a hundred players to reach the number one spot. It was a tough battle, even when I used a lot of money to buy equipment and other items to support my battle. However, I managed to get that job and become the [World Champion] of Asgard.

The second requirement is that the player needs to be human. Asgard is a place where humans dominate, and any heteromorphic race who dares to get in Asgard will be killed in sight. It was a harsh law, but if you managed to stay in Asgard as a heteromorphic race for three months in real-time, you would get a special class and title.

This requirement is easy as I chose a human race when I created this account.

The third requirement is that you need to clear a quest called [Loki's Plot]. This quest requires you to journey around Asgard and search for a clue about Loki's plan. It should be a hard quest because you need to explore the entire world to search for clues, as there is no indicator of where you can find them. Lucky for me, I can ask the dev about it through my father's connection and find all the clues quickly.

After finishing that quest and having the other two requirements, I got a mission from Odin called [Early Ragnarok]. This quest is about preventing Loki from causing Ragnarok earlier than intended. It was a great quest line if you did not need to search for the clues in the first step of the quest.

By the end of the quest, Loki will execute his master plan but can only finish the first part of his plan by killing Heimdall, and then he gets caught red-handed because of me. With the help of all the Gods in Asgard, we manage to capture him and his army of Frost Giants.

By the end of the Quest, I was rewarded with [Himinbjörg], the Floating Castle and items called [Gjallarhorn], and a mount called [Gulltoppr]. Both are Divine-level items; the highest class item could get other than World-Class items.

I also get the ability to grant my NPC that will guard this castle a job of [Asgardian].

However, my biggest reward is that the job [Asgardian] changed my race into [High Human]. Of course, I'm still human, but my stats get boosted by a lot. Not only that, it boosts all of my stats instead of only one of them.

What I like about this floating castle is that it can be used as a Guild Base, and I quickly make it my Guild Base. That's right. I'm a Guild Master. My Guild is called [Merchant of the Nine Worlds].

Why do I name that? Because I decided to be a merchant of sorts. I created a website that used to buy and sell any item YGGDRASIL had. I will buy items from other players and then sell them at a higher price if they want them.

I buy a Low-Level item at a couple of Yen per item with a few thousand limit per day. Even then, I only buy certain Low-Level Items like potions and single-use scrolls. Surprisingly, my website became a hotspot for many people to search for ingredients for their potion or weapon making.

I store all those items inside my Guild Base where the Treasury did not have any limit. That is one of the few bonuses for owning this floating castle. This base did not really have a strategic place like [Seven Castle of Sins] in Múspellsheim or an underground Guild Base like [ Great Tomb of Nazarick] in Helheim.

No. [Himinbjörg] did not have that advantage. The other advantage is that this castle grants me a total of 1300 levels of Data Storage. What does that mean? That means that I can only create an NPC with a total of 1300 levels. So it was not much, but it was not a small number either.

The maximum number of Data Storage in Asgard is 3000 levels of Data Storage, and it was a Guild Base called [Valhalla]. So 1300 levels of Data Storage is not a small amount but not high either. So it was a middle road.

The last advantage this place has is that this place is hidden among the clouds and can be moved.

However, the hidden part is questionable, as my place frequently gets attacked by players who want to try their luck. Because of this, I created an NPC to defend this place. The first one is my proudest creation.

I look at the right side of my throne and see a beautiful woman wearing Golden Armor, holding a golden spear and golden shield in her hands. This is Valena Brunhilde, a level 100 NPC I build to accompany me when facing an enemy.

I'm a magic-oriented player, and Valena is a warrior-oriented class specializing in Defence and Counterattack.

I'm the heavy damage dealer, and she will be my tank.

On my left is another NPC I created. This NPC is wearing a shrine maiden outfit, a crown on her head, and a red magatama on her forehead. She is holding a mirror in her hand. Her name is Hina Ohirume.

If I make Valena look like the Goddess Athena of Greek, I make Hina look like Amaterasu, the Japan Goddess of the Sun.

She is my support for my guild. She can heal, buff me and my ally, and debuff the enemy. She is a nightmare to fight if you do not have great support to cleanse her debuff and debuffer to stop her healing ability.

Both of them have a very similar back story. They are an orphan of war that I take under my wing when they are at their lowest. I take care of them and bring them to all of my adventures. I even bought a premium Memory Slot item that lets me put the adventure that I recorded and add them to their back story.

It was an auto-generated story that an AI created to ensure my NPC's back story had more depth. I also ensure that they are very loyal to me and willing to put their life in line to protect me.

I guess I was traumatized by the number of women that betrayed me and only befriended me because of my money.

I shake my head and get up from my throne. It is time for an adventure.

"Valena. Hina. Follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Sulivan Build]

Real Name: Yagi Ukyo

Name: Sullivan

Race: High Human (Upgraded Version of Human)

Alignment: -50 (Neutral)

Level: 100

Racial Level: N/A

Class Level:

Sorcerer (15) / High Sorcerer (10) / Lord of Magic (5) / Rogue (15) / Assassin (10) / Old Man of the Mountain (5) / Enchanter (10) / Alchemist (10) / Supreme Enchanter (5) / Master of Poison (5) / World Champion (5) / Asgardian (5)

[Chart Ability]

HP: 70/100

MP: 130/100 (Exceed Limit)

PHY. ATTACK: 75/100

PHY. DEF: 40/100

AGILITY: 100/100

MAG. ATTACK: 135/100 (Exceed Limit)

MAG. DEF: 90/100

RESIST: 30/100

SPECIAL: 80/100

[Background]

Yagi was not ashamed of exploiting his newfound wealth. He uses his money and his father's connection to bribe the dev to give him valuable information to build a character he wants in the game.

He buys a lot of Cash Items and uses them to his advantage. He is the very definition of a Whale Player.

In-game, Sullivan is a well-known merchant that buys and sells many items the other player needs. Not only that, but he also did not discriminate between human, demi-human, and heteromorphic races. You have the item and money; you can do business with him.

The other player also knows that Sullivan always has a cash item that prevents any of his items from getting dropped when he is PK'ed by another player. After a week of constant hunting, the other player gave up on killing him to take away all of his items.

Other than being a merchant, Sullivan was also a well-known duelist. He is the only person that never gets defeated in a duel. The only person who almost beat him is Touch Me, a World Champion like him.

Sadly, he never defeated Sullivan, as he died from poison before he could deal the final blow.

Sullivan is also one of the few people who make a Solo-Guild, and his Guild Base is a target of many players because of how many items are rumored to be inside his base.

26