Chapter 4
494 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at a group of people fighting a boss called [World Strongest Wizard: Merlin] with a smile on my face. Merlin is the enemy that the player needs to defeat to obtain a map to retrieve his treasure.

Among those treasures is a World Item [Five Elements Overcoming]. Sadly, even if you find the treasure map and arrive there intact, the chance of getting that item is as low as twenty percent.

In the past week, I have been waiting for the news of someone getting the said world item, but not a single one has yet gotten the thing I want.

I'm sick of waiting and decide to return to my previous hobby, kill stealing. I'm currently in disguise using a World Item called [Face Stealer Mask]. This is an item that let me change my appearance. It will not change my class, my race, or my stats. It only changes my appearance. The only thing it changes is the appearance of my weapon but not their stats.

It may not sound much, but this item's biggest advantage is that even the highest-level Rogue-oriented class can't detect that it is not my actual appearance, the same as the highest-level detection spell cannot detect that this is not my real face. I have been doing this for almost two years, and it is a thrilling activity. Sometimes I fail, but I mostly manage to steal their kill after I get the Assassin class.

I take out my guild staff and wait for the boss to lose most of its HP. I continue to wait for another ten minutes when I see the Boss reach its last leg. I take out a potion I brew and drink it. It gives a lot of buffs, like a crit chance boost and damage bonus, to a boss with only ten percent of its HP or lower.

I wait for a few more seconds before I start to move. I ignore the shout of the ranger in their party when he senses my movement and continues to dash toward my target. As I was only a dozen meters away from the boss, my concealment cloak was deactivated, and the party pointed their finger at me. I ignore them, jump high, and take out my knife from my inventory.

I point my staff at the enemy and cast a spell.

"[Mourning Bell] and [Assassinate]!"

[Mourning Bell] is a spell I got from getting the [Old Man of the Mountain] class, a super rare class in the rogue-class tree. It can only be activated when you are making a surprise attack and can only be activated once every three in-game hours.

It reduces the enemy's PHY and MAG defense to zero and removes any buff it has.

The [Assassinate] skill was a one-hit attack with a high chance of instant death with only a few exceptions. The chance depends on the target's overall defense. The lower it goes, the higher the chance for the instant death effect to activate.

However, the chance becomes a hundred percent because the boss's defense is zero.

This combo is a perfect kill-steal skill.

I smirk at them when I land on the ground and quickly run away. The element of surprise is still on, and I cannot waste any more time. I quickly cast the [Perfect Unknowable] to hide and activate my concealment to strengthen the effect even more.

I slowly change direction and see the party run past me. I smirk a little when I see them shouting about a phantom thief and how he is back to kill-steal people's prey. Then, after making sure I'm alone, I quickly cast [Gate] and return to my base.

I take out the item I just got and smirk a little.

"[Merlin's Notebook]. I have known about this for years but never held it with my own two hands."

I open up the book and quickly see it disappear, and see a notification appears in front of me.

=||=

[Merlin's Hideout]

|You find Merlin's Notebook and read the secret hideout of the Legendary Wizard. Go there and see if it was the truth.|

=||=

I ignore the reward of the mission and open up my map. There is no quest marker in this part of the world. That means it is located in another world. Bummer.

Well, lucky for me, I have [Bifrost] in my guild base.

I walk toward the rainbow bridge in front of my castle and smile a little. This little thing is the main weapon of my Guild Base. It can move my base to any part of Asgard once per day. Not only that, but it also gives me access to all the Nine Worlds.

It upgraded my [Gate] spell to let me easily get around the Nine Worlds. Sadly, I cannot go from one realm to another without visiting my base first. For example, I cannot go from Midgard to Álfheimr. I need to go to my base from Midgard and then go to Álfheimr from my base.

I shake my head and change the map to Álfheimr and see there is no quest marker. When I go to Vanaheim, I see a quest marker located in the northern part of the world. It was located in an area I have yet to explore.

I quickly opened up my website and put a bounty for any map for Vanaheim. It did not last long before I got a full map of Vanaheim with only a little bit of map yet to discover. I look at who is the one selling me the map and nod my head when I see the name of their guild.

They come from the [World Searcher] guild, whose main objective is to explore the world.

I nod my head and start to prepare. The first thing I need to do is to move my Guild Base. It has been three days since I stayed in this area, and I don't want my enemy to know the exact location of my guild base.

I decided to move my base to a place where not many people would notice. It was the beginner location. This area has a dense cloud, a perfect cover for my base, and not many people will fly around in this area.

After teleporting the base to the perfect place, I ensure the security is in top condition, and then I check the alarm system that will notify me if an intruder manages to get to a certain area of the base.

I also decided to leave the Guild Weapon behind because it has a function of auto defense in case someone attacks. I already wrote the attack pattern for the staff to use, which involves a lot of summoning and burst damage.

"With all that is done, I can start robbing Merlin's hideout."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Sullivan's Notable Equipment|

~Weapon~

[Stjerne] [Weapon: Staff]

{A staff mainly made of the branch of the Yggdrasil tree. It was created by the Light Elves when falling stars fell from the sky. The staff absorbs some of the star's power hence the name.}

(Effect: 20% damage bonus to all spell cast with this weapon, 75% damage bonus to undead to all spell cast with this weapon, and 20% boost to healing spell)

(Enchantment [Basilisk Blessing]: Any damage received from a spell cast from this weapon will receive a poison effect that can be stacked ten times)

[Watcher of the Forbidden Art Uniform] [Armor: Set of Armor]

{This armor is said to be created using the fragment of the fallen Yggdrasil's leaf. The armor is said to grant its master knowledge of the forbidden art of the world. After receiving the World Champion job class, this is a gift from the Almighty (Dev Team).}

(Effect: 50% damage bonus to all magic-related attacks, grant the user 100 more spell slots, let the user learn other branches of magic from other classes (magic-oriented), and let the user cast Tier-3 spells and lower without a cost)

(Enchantment [None]: It cannot get enchanted using a standard mean.)

19