Chapter 5
487 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahhh, I love the smell of newly looted treasure!"

I look at the mountains of gold, Data Crystal, and a lot of armor and weapons. However, the ring in my hand makes me even more excited.

"Hello, my friend. It is nice to see you once again."

That's right bitches! [Five Elements Overcoming] return to my possession! This time I'm the one getting it and not using my money. I feel great. Using money to get what I want is great, but I almost forget the joy of gaming—the joy of doing it yourself.

Of course, I will pay my way to victory, but doing this occasionally is great.

I put my hand on the pile of gold and see them get sucked into my inventory. I don't care for the gold but seeing the notification saying I just got three million gods is excellent!

As expected from someone called the trickiest Wandering Raid Boss.

He is worthy of his title because even his lair is filled with traps and enemies that give you a lot of debuffs.

[Merlin] is a Wandering Raid Boss that casts a lot of powerful debuffs as if it was worth nothing. Because of this, it is more worth bringing a cleansing magic caster than a healer if you encounter [Merlin].

If only that were the problem, he should be easy to defeat. Keep cleansing your party, and you are good, but no. Merlin is also a master of the [Summoning] spells that can summon up to a hundred High-Tier summons if given enough time.

Can you imagine fighting a hundred Level-70 monsters and above at once? That was insane. Combining his constant spam of summoning a Mid-Tier creature every five seconds, it was a nightmare.

And when you think that it was finished, nope. Besides a debuffing monster, [Merlin] is also a buffing master. He can buff his summoned creature's stats far beyond its level.

The META formation for [Merlin] is to bring five tanks that can cleanse themselves, one or two DPS (preferably long-range DPS), and three support (two cleansing supports and one healer).

The previous party that I kill-steal their loot from decided only to bring three Tanks, one DPS, and two Healers. That is why they take a long time to kill them, and [Merlin]'s summon reaches a high number.

I shake my head and walk out of the hidden dungeon's cave. [Merlin] will appear again after I use the [Five Elements Overcoming]. However, before that, he will not appear.

I open up a forum and see the name of [Merlin] disappear from the list of Wandering Raid Boss. It was gone, and I saw a new thread saying that [Merlin] had been defeated. Well, my friend, he will appear once more after I use the ring.

I get out of the dungeon and use [Gate] to return to my base.

~Sometimes later~

I look at the floating staff behind my throne and smile a little. This is my Guild Weapon and the one that will defend my base in case someone attacks my base when I go offline. [Ninurta] is a staff that uses loopholes to make it the most powerful staff I ever enchant.

I know that World Items are supposed to be broken, but I never thought it would be this broken.

Sadly, I cannot bring this to a PVP or steal-killing scenario because the other player can break this magic staff, and my Guild will be destroyed. A Guild Weapon is different from a normal weapon. It was the symbol of my Guild, and if it were destroyed, the Guild would be destroyed.

If a normal weapon can only be destroyed if the durability of the said weapon gets empty, Guild Weapon can be destroyed by directly attacking it.

So instead of attacking me, the people can attack the weapon directly, and I will lose my Guild. I don't want to lose my Guild, thank you very much.

Because of this, I decided to create a small hidden vault behind my throne. This vault is shielded using my most powerful concealment spell and enchanted with the best concealment I could do.

Only the best [Treasure Hunter] job can find the little vault behind my throne. But, even then, they need to face me and my NPC to be able to reach the vault. Then there are a lot of traps around and inside the vault.

I shake my head and let the staff inside the vault.

I sit on the throne and think about the next thing I need to do. I guess I can check out the first floor. It's been a while since I checked that place. I nod my head and teleport to the first floor, where I see two NPCs walking around the room.

"Follow me."

I give orders to both of them and let them follow me out of the castle. I look at the blue sky in front of me and cannot help but smile. It was beautiful. Even in my previous life, it was beautiful—the endless white cloud underneath me and the clear sky above me.

If only the real world looked like this. It would be perfect.

"There it is! Our target! Let's loot it, boys!"

I sigh a little when I hear an idiot's voice coming from underneath me. My NPC and I walk to the edge of my floating castle and see at least ten people flying toward us.

"Fifteen? A little bit more. Twenty at most. I really needed to move out of this place yesterday. Forget about it and you will have a pest coming."

I get up from the ground and walk back to the palace. I don't have anything to do. I guess I can join the fight.

"Lorelai. Natasha. Prepare for battle."

At my command, the two NPCs take out their weapons and prepare for battle. Lorelai von Lingam is a beautiful woman with deep blue eyes and hair. She is wearing a leather armor set that I commission from a famous Armor Maker, and she is holding a glave.

She is a balanced NPC. She has a great damage output and can also take a good amount of damage. Her most powerful power is her ability to take the enemy's HP and restore her own. The more she hits the enemy, the more HP she gets. She also has great Agility that can keep up with a strong agility-based player.

However, she can get even more powerful because of the person on my left side. She is Natasha Romanov. She is the support that helps Lorelai survive the invader. Natasha has blue eyes and hair, and she is wearing heavy armor and holding a Staff-Spear combo.

She is a support with a huge survivability buff for all the allies in her radius. Not only that, but she is also a powerful summoner. Yup, she can summon her own ally that she can buff to fight the invader.

Those two are a two-person army.

I snap from my thoughts when I hear an explosion happening in front of my castle. I smile a little when I see a hundred summoned creatures appear in front of the player who is unfortunate enough to activate the trap.

I know the traps in the front will not stop a group of level hundred players. However, sometimes it can take one of them or someone who is foolish enough to try to infiltrate this place solo.

"Natasha, dear. Let the buffing begin."

Natasha raises her staff-spear high and starts casting.

"[Infinity Wall] [Vampiric Essence] [Vampiric Touch] [Triple Maximize Magic: Greater Magic Seal]..."

I smile at stack after stack of buffs appearing in the corner of my vision, and the enemy arrives just in time for them to hear Natasha's last buff being cast.

"... [Heavenly Aura]."

I bow a little at them and say.

"Welcome to my Guild Base and goodbye."

I greet them with the warmest welcome, a Tier-10 spell to the face.

19