Chapter 21
864 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

It was a cold night for Shirou as he had already lost all the warmth in the world. The people that he cares about are dead. He cannot feel warm any longer. He can only feel cold and nothingness. As he looks to the moon, he starts to regret destroying the Grail.

He doesn't care if the world is destroyed. He doesn't care if humans become extinct. He only wants the people he cares about to stay alive.

He abandoned his ideal and dream to save the people he cared for, but now they are gone, and he does not know what he needs to do.

As he continues to look at the moon, he unconsciously says.

"I wish they were alive."

The entire world is engulfed in darkness as if he is saying taboo words. Shirou looks around and calls his favorite weapons, Kanshou and Byakuya. He looks around for a few seconds before his eyes land on a young man with blue hair holding a staff appears in his vision.

"Who are you?"

"Me? My name is Sullivan."

"What do you want from me?!"

Shirou can hear the man laugh a little before saying.

"Isn't it rude to not introduce yourself."

"Shirou. Shirou Emiya."

He did not know why he said his name to the stranger in front of him, but his mouth moved on its own.

"I see. Shirou, huh? Well, Shirou, the reason why we are here is because I hear your wish."

"My wish?"

"Yes. I can hear your wish from where I'm from, Shirou. Your wish is so strong that I cannot help but be intrigued by it. Do you want to see them again? To see your loved one? I think their names are Illyasviel von Einzbern, Sakura Matou, and Rin Tohsaka, right?"

"How do you know them?!"

"I'm the God of Death and Life, Shirou. I know anyone who died."

Sullivan did not know any of that, Zelretch is the one telling him about Shirou's loved one. He is bluffing his ass off, but it is working as he can see Shirou's face start to change. Both of them stay silent for a minute before Shirou finally says.

"Can you really bring them back?"

"Of course. However, what kind of price can you give?"

"Anything."

Shirou says that without hesitation and with a look of determination. Even if he needs to be like Archer in the future, he will bear it as long as the three of them are alive and well.

"Anything, huh? Then I want you, Shirou. I want you to be part of my collection! Become part of my gallery! What do you think?"

"If you can bring them back, I will work for you for eternity."

"Hahahaha! Very well! Let's bring your loved one, shall we? [Life Bringer]!"

[Life Bringer] is a Super-Tier spell that can bring up to five players without any penalty. However, it requires three million gold coins per player and a cooldown of one week. Lucky for them, Sullivan brings with him a shit ton of money.

He has one and a half billion gold coins inside his inventory for just-in-case situations like buying a lot of Legendary-Tier items or paying someone to make weapons for him.

The spell cast time lasts for thirty seconds before it finally shines brighter and starts to work.

Shirou widens his eyes when he sees three bodies appear in front of him. He knows all of them. It was Illya, Sakura and Rin. When the three of them fall to the ground, he quickly runs toward them and checks if they are alive.

However, before he could check on them, their eyes opened, and he could hear their voices.

"Shirou Oni-chan?"

"Shirou Senpai?"

"Shirou-kun?"

Hearing their voice, the dam inside his eyes starts to burst, and a river of tears starts to pour from his eyes. His cold heart starts to melt, and he finally feels warm once again. He continues to cry for a good minute before Rin decides to ask him a question.

"Shirou-kun, where are we?"

The three young women look around for a few seconds before their eyes land on Sullivan. He decided to walk forward and introduce himself.

"My name is Sullivan, the God of Death and Life. I'm the one bringing you from the dead."

"Impossible. You cannot bring back death. Even the Gods cannot do that. Our body is destroyed and because the underworld is gone, our soul should be gone by now."

Rin look at him with a frown on her face.

"Hahahahaha. You can believe what you believe but I'm the one resurrecting you."

Sullivan looks at Shirou and smiles at him before saying.

"Remember your deal Shirou Emiya for I have fulfilled the end of my bargain."

After saying that, the entire world returns to normal, and the four arrive inside Emiya's residence. Rin shakes her surprise and looks at Shirou with a sweet smile that promises pain and suffering.

"Shirou-kun~ Can you tell me what kind of deal you have, hmmm?~"

The warmth he felt earlier is gone and replaced by a cold ice creeping up to his entire body.

"Ah, about that…."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg - Wizard Marshal and Lord of Kaleidoscope|

I can see it. The future of this world has changed. It is truly them who can change this universe.

When I get this magic, I know a harsh truth.

The Multiverse is separated into two sides: light and dark. The light side will continue to exist, while the dark side will be destroyed to feed the light. No matter how hard I try, all of my counterparts die trying and never succeed.

The people in that universe cannot change the fate of the said universe. You need outside help for it to be fixed. Sadly, all of my counterparts are considered an inner part of the universe. The same with anyone I take; they are an inner part of the universe.

I have tried a thousand times, a hundred thousand, and even a million times, but all of them never work. However, all that changed when Sullivan arrived on this planet.

I don't know what kind of creature he is, but I know he is very powerful. Even some of the Gods in the past cannot be compared to him. His mana alone is above all the Greek Gods in the past.

The only ones who have more mana than him are Amaterasu and Odin. Even the two of them cannot bring back the dead. I can do that, but it was not a true resurrection but rather overlapping the soul of the alternate version of the deceased one.

I see myself doing this to Rin in my future vision, but Shirou will always know and get even mad.

Lucky for me, it was all over. I never thought that an outsider would come to this universe and have that kind of power, but I'm glad. I'm glad that this world will not be destroyed. I can see that many branches of this universe are restored and will not be destroyed for some time now.

With Gaia cured and healed, this planet will not become a barren wasteland without any life, and I have a lot of time to live on this planet.

However, I still need to prepare and pack my observation room. Sullivan has finished the end of his bargain, and now I need to do mine.

18