6 – The Plan
3k 4 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trio made their way toward the location of the meeting. Poseidon noted that it was far away, '' Where will this meeting of ours take place?''

Hephaestus was leading the way and responded without stopping, '' It's hidden from Zeus' eyes, don't worry. Only I know how to enter this place.''

The group tried to continue their journey in peace, but Poseidon had other plans, '' How many gods exist?''

Hephaestus was about to ask if Poseidon was crazy, but he remembered that Poseidon had no memories whatsoever. '' A lot but only a few of them managed to gain a foothold on Olympus. The rest, while being a God, don't have enough strength to compete against those major Gods.''

'' How many Gods are interested in joining our alliance?''

'' Quite a few, actually. I didn't check how much Evil has corrupted them, but I can assure you that they are trustworthy.''

They arrived at their destination soon after. It was a cave, hidden in plain sight in a far corner of Olympus.

' I would never think there's a place like this here.' Athena was surprised. '' It was a natural cave, or did you do this?''

Hephaestus chuckled, '' I made this place a long time ago. It was supposed to be a deserted place where Aphrodite and I could come to have some time alone, but ...''

Hephaestus stayed quiet for a moment before continuing, '' But now it's the base of our group. Come, the rest are already waiting.''

Hephaestus entered the cave while Poseidon and Athena looked at each other and nodded.

Inside the cave, there was a huge round table, which was almost filled with people. Poseidon only recognizes two Gods, Aphrodite and Hermes. ' WHAT THE FUCK is Hermes doing here!?'

Poseidon was panicking internally, knowing that Hermes would betray them later on. But Athena was surprised by the names in the meeting, ' Artemis, Apollo, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Demeter, Hestia, and Hermes! There are more Gods than I anticipated... we can actually do this.'

Hephaestus motioned Poseidon and Athena to follow him and started talking, '' Guys... they have arrived.''

The Gods, who were talking among themselves, stopped and looked at Poseidon and Athena with shock and surprise.

'' Hephaestus wasn't lying... Olympus is really going to have a change.'' Artemis whispered to Apollo.

'' Yeah... sister, if Poseidon participates in this rebellion we might have a chance.''

While the Gods responded to Hephaestus's call, they all thought it was a joke and were expecting some party. But now that they saw Athena and Poseidon side by side, they realized it was true. And the majority saw a chance to rise!

Because Poseidon was on the same level of power as Zeus and with Athena helping him, he could win. Those Gods around the table saw hope.

Hephaestus tried to sit next to Aphrodite, but she ignored him.

While the Gods were trying to recover from the shock, Athena took the lead and started to talk, '' Hello to you all! You probably know who we are, so this will make things easier to explain.''

'' But before we start, does anyone wants to leave? If you leave now, you can probably be safe for a while more.'' Poseidon quickly added.

The Gods around the table looked at each other and nodded, reaffirming their wishes to stay. Hermes, though, was silent, but no other God besides Poseidon noted this, ' So we will have to deal with him or ... we can use him.'

While Poseidon started to form a plan in his head Athena started to talk, '' Okay, as everyone is in agreement, I will start talking. Two decades ago, Ares, the former God Of War has fallen. Kratos, who some people around this table know personally, was responsible for the kill.''

'' Kratos managed to do it with the power of Pandora's Box. But there'd have been complications after the Box was opened. Poseidon, please do a demostration.''

Poseidon nodded and motioned to Aphrodite to come near him. The goddess obliged and stood near him. Poseidon then asked for her hand, which she gave him. Then Poseidon started to talk, '' When Kratos opened the Box, Evil was realized.''

The others Gods didn't react to this, but Hermes widened his eye a little.

'' I lost all my memories because of this power,'' Poseidon said and expected the Gods to not believe him. Which was what happened.

The Gods started to whisper to each again when suddenly Poseidon used his powers to put a barrier around Aphrodite. The Gods, scared by this sudden peak of power, entered high alert.

'' Don't move, and don't be scared. Use your powers now!'' Poseidon told Aphrodite, who was a little scared.

Aphrodite nodded and put a barrier around herself. She then noted the corruption that Evil was causing on her, '' IMPOSSIBLE!!''

All the Gods, noticing her reaction, stopped in their tracks.

'' What is that!?'' Aphrodite asked, almost screaming.

'' That is Evil. It has destroyed my memories, messed with Athena and Hephaestus, and plagued Zeus' mind with distrust and doubt. It is destroying all Gods of Olympus from the inside out.''

This finally showed the other Gods that the situation was more serious than just a rebellion against Zeus.

'' Do we have a way to combat this thing?'' Hestia asked, while also maintaining a barrier around herself.

Poseidon then told Aprodithe she could sit, and she sat beside Hephaestus, looking for comfort.

Athena continued, '' We might have some plan to combat the Evil's corruption, but ... ''

'' But what?'' Appollo asked.

'' We don't know if it will work,'' Hephaestus added while consoling Aphrodite.

The Gods fell into silence.

'' What do we have to do?'' Dionysus asked and the rest of the Gods looked at him,'' What? They called this meeting to tell us about this, but they also probably need us for something.''

The Gods looked at Athena, who nodded, '' That's right, what I plan on doing needs a lot of power, more than what Poseidon and I could muster, so we called you guys for help.''

'' What is in for us?'' Demeter asked.

Athena took a deep breath, '' After the rebellion is over, Olympus will have Poseidon and me acting as its ruler.''

This definitively caught the Gods off guard, never expecting that Poseidon and Athena would become a couple.

'' And we promise, with our power on the line, to be just to all. If we win, I also promise to give you more power than you guys have now.''

The Gods started to discuss among themselves while Poseidon and Athena waited.

Artemis, who has been nominated as God's representative, asked '' How do we know both of you will not betray us?''

'' We can pledge to you all, with our powers on the line,'' Poseidon said.

Artemis looked at the Gods, who nodded. '' Okay.''

After they made the pledge, Athena explained everything. About Kratos and the prophecy, the fact that Kratos was already coming looking for Zeus, and her plan.


 

'' Do you want to use the Flame of Olimpys on us!? Are you fucking crazy!???'' Hermes, after hearing Athena's plan, lost his mind.

Athena looked at Hepaithus, who said, '' It's a risky plan, but it might work if we all use our powers together.''

'' You know that the Flame of Olympus is mortal to anyone who touches it, right? Even a God will be dead in seconds.''

'' But we use a small spark and, with all our powers combined, make this spark travel all around one's body to destroy Evil, it could work,'' Poseidon explained.

The Gods finally started to see it was plausible. Well, at least the majority.

Hermes, after listening to all that, didn't want to stay, '' I'm out! You guys are crazy to think this will work.''

Hermes just got up and left. The other Gods tried to make him stay, but Poseidon sent them an eye signal telling them to let Hermes alone.

'' He might talk with Zeus about this,'' Demetre said.

'' Oh, I have no doubt he will tell Zeus, but we will be prepared.''

Athena looked at Poseidon, '' Do you have a plan?''

Poseidon nodded, '' I do, but let's talk about this after we burn Evil away.''

Athena nodded and looked for volunteers to test the plan, '' Who wants to go first?''

'...'

Silence dominated the room.

120