11 – Fate is …
2.6k 12 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Kratos

'' Hey, girl! Wake up.'' Kratos tried to wake the girl up but to no avail.

Kratos stopped trying and looked at her face for the first time, ' She looks like Caliope if she was older...'

Remembering the reason for his suffering was Zeus, Kratos' motivation to kill the King of the Gods only grew.

' Zeus!!!'

With his goal just ahead, Kratos was about to open the door to the place of the Sisters of Fate, when the girl, Pandora, woke up.

At first, she was still dizzy, '' Where am I..?''

Pandora looked around for a moment then noticed she was in the arms of someone who she knew only from stories, '' Kratos!?''

The Ghost of Sparta was confused, '' How do you know who I am?''

Pandora tilted her head, '' Of course, I know you. You're the God of War, The Ghost of Sparta, the-''

'' Okay, I get it. You do know who I am.''

Pandora got emotional, '' It's good to finally meet you.''

Kratos' was about to ask who she was, when Pandora took the initiative, '' You must be curious about who I am... I helped you defeat Ares.''

'' What...!!'' Kratos connected the dots. Isis have told him that her name was Pandora, and if the girl was telling the truth, he owed her a lot.

'' You opened 'my' box, got the power to defeat the Gods, and killed Ares.'' Pandora said, '' But you also released Ev-''

'' Evil.''

'' You knew?''

'' Poseidon and Athena told me about it.''

'' So you are also allied with them. I heard they plan on killing Zeus and rebuilding Olympus.''

''That's what they said.''

'' My 'father' also joined their cause. I guess Isis saving me from the Labyrinth must have something to do with my 'father' asking.''

'' Whos your father?''

'' Hephaestus.''

'' So your mother is Aprodithe?''

Pandora sighed, '' Its complicated.''

Pandora then told Kratos about her situation, and how she is the key to opening and calming Pandora's Box. Basically, she was a paw to Zeus, just like Kratos was.

This fact created a bond between both, but they didn't notice it for now.

After hearing Pandora's story, Kratos was even angrier, '' Zeus' cruelty knows no boundaries.''

Then Kratos looked at Pandora, '' Poseidon and Athena told Isis to send you to me, so they must have a plan. Don't worry, I will do my best to protect you.''

Pandora smiled, '' Thank you.''

Krato was stunned by how much she resembled Calliope. 

'' Huh, can you put me on the ground now?'' Pandora asked.

Kratos didn't notice she was still in his arms and put her down. 

'' Thanks... Now, can you tell me where we are?''

'' The Sisters of Fate palace.''

Pandora looked at Kratos weirdly, '' Why?''

'' So you don't know... our plan is to go back to the past and mess things up for Zeus.'' 

' And for the Titans.' Kratos didn't mention this last part to Pandora

Pandora pondered for a moment, '' I guess it's a feasible plan... So, how can I help?''

Kratos looked at Pandora's arms, which looked like they could break if he touched them, '' Can you hold a weapon?''

'' Yes. A dagger.''

'' ... Did you have experience with fighting others?''

'' Yes, in fact! I fought rats sometimes and some chicken.''

Kratos was almost going insane,'' Did you kill someone already?''

Pandora, not noting Kratos' face, '' Yes! Rats and Chickens.''

Kratos sighed, '' Just stay behind me, okay.''

Pandora nodded and went behind Kratos.

Kratos sighed and in the next moment, all his focus was on the door ahead of him, ' This is it! My revenge against Zeus can finaly start.'

Kratos then kicked the door open and shouted, '' Clotho, Lahkesis, Atropos! I only came here to use your powers to turn back time! If you step aside, I will not kill you!''

Kratos noticed that there was no reaction, as if the place was abandoned, '' Follow me and stay quiet.''

Continuing exploring the Palace, Kratos thought he found the main room, the place where they could interfere with time.

As soon as Kratos entered, he told Pandora, '' Don't open your eyes!''

Pandora wanted to ask why, but the answer came soon after, '' The Sisters are dead.''

That shocked Pandora, '' Are you sure?''

'' Yes.''

Kratos started to look around, to see if could find any clue on who did this and if it was possible to go back on time.

Seeing no other option, Kratos said to Pandora,'' You can open your eyes, but don't scream.''

Pandora opened her eyes and was shocked by the mess.

Blood was scattered everywhere, with what looked like 3 corpses at the center.

Kratos and Pandora approached the corpses, and Pandora noticed some kind of message written in blood, '' Kratos! LOOK.''

The message was this: 'Fate is broken. For those who seek our powers, we decided to leave you a gift. '

There was no mention of what gift.

Kratos and Pandora looked around the bodies, to see if they could find some clue on who killed them and what kind of gift.

After searching every corner of the Palace and finding nothing, Kratos screamed. '' AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.''

It was a normal reaction, as now he can't change the past, and likely can't kill Zeus now.

Just as all hope seems lost, Pandora came to the rescue, '' Kratos! Look inside the bodies!''

Kratos turned around and checked the bodies again. This time he noticed some books inside the pile of bodies.

Pandora took the book and passed it to Kratos.

Then both opened it and start reading, ' We lost our powers. It happened someday without any warning. We couldn't see the past, the present, or the future. We entered in despair. But... we decided we couldn't live like that, so we tried everything we could to regain our powers, but to no avail.''

'' When all hope seems lost for us, our powers came back. Initially, we rejoice but we noticed something was wrong, while we could still change the past, alter the timeline or change the fate of others, we couldn't see past this... grim future.''

'' We saw the end of everything... Gods, Devils, Demons, Animals, Mortals... everything was engulfed by blood. We tried to change this, we did everything that we could, but that future was set in stone. We concluded that Fate has finally been broken.''

'' Plagued by the vision, one of our sisters tried a bold move but it backfired, and ... she was dying. Hopeless, she decided to leave a gift to those who come after us. Which is all irrelevant now, as the end was already been decided.''

'' We discovered that something followed our sister here, and it is haunting us... We decided to follow our sister in death. I'm afraid that we unleashed something we shouldn't have... I'm sorry.''

''We also left our powers to those who wish to gain them. Just touch our bodies at the same time and you will find how to use our powers.''

'' DO NOT LOOK INTO THE FUTURE! Eternal damnation will plague your mind and you will lose yourself.''

'' You can change the past only two times. Choose well and good Luck!''

Kratos was shocked, ' A vision so bad that it drove The Sister of Fate to suicide... What is going to happen?'

Deciding to forget about that for now, Kratos touched the bodies at the same time.

Time's powers surged through Kratos, and he could see how to manipulate the Threads of Time. For the first time in a while, Kratos smiled a little.

Pandora thought that Kratos would change the past as soon as he got the powers, but she was surprised when Kratos sat down, '' What are you doing?''

'' Waiting.''

'' Waiting what?''

'' To do my part of the bargain.''

Pandora, with nothing better to do, sat with Kratos.

'' So... do you have any story to tell me?''

Kratos grunted.


 

Sometime later

Kratos got up, '' They are finally here!''

'' Who?''

'' Our ... allies.'' Kratos wasn't accustomed to calling Gods that way.

Artemis, Apollo, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Hestia appeared in front of Kratos.

 


Does anyone know where I'm going with this?

 

Thanks for reading!

115