69 – Poseidon’s Plan
243 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next time Poseidon saw Apollo, the latter was calmer, almost like he was drained. '' You good?''

'' I saw God that day.'' Poseidon saw Apollo sheding some silent tear,'' But I'm better now.''

Poseidon didn't miss the chance to gloat at Apollo, '' So, next year we will have another God at Olympus?''

Apollo smiled bitterly, '' By how much life force she sucked out of me, it would be weird if we don't.''

Poseidon smiled at that. He knew by this interaction Apollo was good, so he continued on his routine, '' See you later.''

After going around, overseeing all preparations, Poseidon thought, '' We don't have much time left... I'll put some of the Gods in on my plan. I'll need their help anyway.''

Sighing, knowing how much this decision would affect his family, Poseidon called his closest friends and some advisers.

A few minutes later, Poseidon asked Kratos, '' Did you ask Laufey to put runes around this area? I don't want anyone to hear what I'm going to say.''

Kratos thought it was a weird request, but he nodded, '' Laufey put runes around. You can talk as much as you want.''

Poseidon nodded. He looked around the room they were in, ' Hephaestus, Kratos, Mimir because of his brain, and Ra. It should be enough.'

'' I called you here to tell you my plan to win against Chaos.''

Everyone in the room could feel the atmosphere of the room change when Poseidon said that.

They were curious about Poseidon's plan, because all this time he only said he had one, he never explained it. This was the first time Poseidon ever told anyone about it.

Poseidon started, '' You guys remember the time I fought Cthulhu inside Chaos, right?''

Everyone nodded.

'' Inside Chaos, I got stronger than ever. I felt more powerful than anyone and I am sure if I had a little more power, I would've defeated Cthulhu.''

'' The problem was, I didn't have a God on my side to pass me more powers and we couldn't transfer the powers in the Norse Realm. But, what if I enter Chaos with the combined powers from all Gods?''

You could almost hear the gear turning inside the brain of the people in the room. Mimir, proving his title, was the first one to figure it out. He exclaimed, '' Don't tell me!?''

Poseidon nodded, '' My plan is to have some Gods transfer some of their powers to me, then when Chaos arrives, I'll pass through the portal, enter Chaos, and face Cthulhu, one on one.''

Kratos knew something was up, '' But your body would not be able to handle that much power... But you already knew about that.''

A flash of pain passed through Poseidon's face, '' It's a one-way trip. But it will save everyone.''

Hephaestus was about to say something, but Poseidon said, '' Before you say there must be another way, trust me, I thought of every possible scenario. This was a losing battle from the beginning...There's no way out.''

'' Why call us here?'' Mimir knew Poseidon must have something in mind.

'' I want to see if my body could adapt better to more powers if I start to accept some now. You can pass your powers to me, and when I feel I'm at my breaking point, I'll return them to you.''

'' I'll be doing this until Chaos arrives. Are you okay with that?'' Poseidon asked his friends.

'' No problem for me.'' Ra accepted this plan with no problems. They are on the same side, and he didn't think Poseidon wouldn't return his powers.

''I'm okay with that.'' Hephaestus also didn't mind, but he really didn't like this plan.

Kratos nodded.

Poseidon sighed in relief, '' Good, so if you don't mind, let's try one time to see how it will go.''

After getting in the middle of the room, everyone here started to pass some of their powers to Poseidon.

5%, 10%, 15%, 20%... when everyone passed 20% of their powers, Poseidon's skin started to crack. They wanted to stop but Poseidon shouted amid pain, '' Don't stop!''

The Gods looked at each and continued to pass their powers. When the number reached 30% from each God, Poseidon knew it was his limit, '' Stop!''

The tranfers stop and Poseidon now had 30% of Ra, Kratos, Mimir and Hephaesuts. He found it hard even to breathe, but he knew he had to endure it if he wanted a chance of surviving. ' Endure it... Endure it.'

5 minutes passed, but it felt like an eternity to Poseidon. He was bleeding quite heavily from his nose, and some of his fingers snapped, but he was still alive.

Still, even Poseidon has a limit. He called out to the others and returned their powers. He sat on the ground after everything was over.

' I couldn't even move, and that was only 30% of each. If they passed 100%, I would've died. Until the 10% mark, I was still able to fight, but over that, it was difficult to breathe.'

'' Are you okay?'' Hephaestus offered his hand.

Poseidon took it and got up from the ground. His injuries were healing at a fast pace, '' I'm okay. But for now, my body would not be able to handle more than 30%. Every day from now on, we will come here for 20 minutes a day to do this. And I beg you, don't tell anyone about this.''

Mimir said slowly, '' You know, it is less than a week since I meet your wife and she's one of the smartest Godess I saw. She must have noted something, so it's best if you said that to her before she found it out from others.''

Everyone left after that, leaving Poseidon alone with his thoughts, ' My plan is the only way. There's no one way... I must survive this. I will survive this!'

With what Mimir said still ringing in his mind, Poseidon went home, ' Should I tell her? ... I don't know how she would react. It's almost like a suicide plan... no it IS a suicide plan, but I don't plan on dying.'

' Maybe later we will find another clue in Odin's book that gives us an advantage, but for now, this is the only way.'

Arriving home, Poseidon noticed no one was there, so he grabbed his book and continued writing on it. The content of the books is all about his knowledge of his old Earth, where he lived as John.

He left clues about electricity, cars, modern science, firearms, engineering, etc. If he didn't return, this would be his last gift to his family, ' What should I put here today?'

Poseidon didn't remember much, so his information was very limited, but he trusted his family to make the best out of it. Thinking of Athena, Minerva, and Neptune, Poseidon only wanted to protect them, and he would not stop until he did so, ' Whatever it takes.'

After brainstorming for a while trying to remember useful knowledge of certain subjects, Poseidon put the book aside when he noticed it was dark outside. ' They must be arriving soon.'

To his surprise, Poseidon sensed 3 presences arriving at his home. He knew all 3 of them and his expectation went through the roof, ' Don't tell me!?'

Going to the living room, Poseidon saw Athena entering the house alongside Freya and Isis. He asked, '' What happnede?''

Athena smirked at her husband, '' You see, now that they are part of your ' harem', I thought, you know what, let's see how they are on bed. So here we are.''

Poseidon's legs almost gave in, '' Are you sure?''

Athena's response was to tackle Poseidon to the ground. He didn't offer any resistance.

Now, Athena was mounting him. She put her head closed to him and whispered, '' I'm very sure.''

The couple started to make out. They lost themselves in the middle of it and forgot about the other two. They only remembered when Freya 'coughed' out loud.

Poseidon looked at her with some small guilty. He then looked at Athena who was smiling mischievously at him, almost saying ' What are you going to do now?'.

Surprising Athena, Poseidon got up from the ground and went towards Freya and Isis. He carried both in one arm each and brought them to the bedroom.

Looking at Athena in the living room, Poseidon asked, '' You coming or what?''

Athena smiled at her husband, '' Already there.''

The door to the room closed when Athena entered. The rest of the night was a mix of moans and pleadings of girls and sometimes a man.

 


 


I left hints here and there regarding Poseidon plan's and only wanted to reveal it at the very end, but I noticed it wasn't going to work that much because I had to let the other Gods know about it to transfer their powers to Poseidon, wence this chapter. But, the question is, will Poseidon be able to survive this?

Who knows? ... Well, I do, but if you want to find out, stay tuned. The fic will end in about 10 to 20 chapters, and I hope you read it until the end!

As always, thanks for the support!

10