70 – Preparations for War (3)
238 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the next week, everything went normally. The mortals training combat under Freya and Kratos now knew how to hold a blade, but were far away from having the strength necessary to fight against Chaos. Still, their training continued.

The Gods training under them, however, now could handle on their own if a Chaos creature attacked.

The research on Odin's book was almost complete, but no groundbreaking info was found. Until now, no one knew why he had information on Evil, but they weren't complaining.

Hephaestus and the other blacksmiths, however, were on a roll. All weapons they made for mortals had runes on them and were made out of rare metals from the Greek, Egyptian, and Norse realms. The weapons from various Gods also had been augmented to the extreme.

Of course, Poseidon's Trident was still the strongest weapon around, followed by the Blades of Chaos and Leviathan Axe.

The healing training was also coming along nicely. Laufey was teaching rune and healing for all, and so far, some mortals that could handle runes with extreme precision and meticulosity appeared.

Even Laufey was surprised by this turn of actions, '' I never would've thought there would be people who could learn so much in so little time. If they got the basics in one week, imagine in one month or even a year...''

Poseidon was glad by this turn of events. He welcomed any help he could get.

Alecto and her army of demigods from the Underworld also came to train. Poseidon asked if the Underworld would be in trouble, but Alecto shook her head, '' It's all good if I return there before the day ends. The Underworld can handle it for a few hours without me. Besides, if any soul wants to escape, my Kraken can handle it.''

Even though the Kraken Poseidon created for her was somehow pacific, he was still a Kraken.

It was after this conversation Poseidon remembered something and called out Ra, Freya, and Amaterasu. He went straight to the topic, '' Can you guys create mystical creatures?''

Ra nodded, '' I can, but I would use my powers immensely. It would take some time to recover my strength.''

'' How long?''

'' One day, at best, 3 days at worse.''

'' ... That's an acceptable range. And the strength of the mystical creature?'

Ra thought for a while, '' ... Maybe in the range of demigods, if not a little weaker.''

'' Can you recover the strength with healing?''

'' This... I don't know, but we could check it.'' Ra at this point knew what Poseidon wanted to do, '' So you want an army of mystical creatures?''

Poseidon nodded, '' It's worth a shot.'' He then looked at the rest, '' Can you guys do it too?''

Poseidon knew the chances Ra would be able to create a being was high since he was legitimate the Leader and the most powerful God from Egypt. But he didn't know if Freya and Amaterasu could do it.

' Wait, is the creation of mystical creatures tuned with the status of the God? It doesn't make that much sense...'

Both Godesses nodded, '' I can.''

'' Me too.''

'' And the strength of the creature?''

'' Weaker than a demigod, stronger than a mortal.'' Amaterasu knew her limitations, so she didn't lie.

Freya said, '' Same.''

Poseidon was making some calculations in his head. '' How long to create a single creature?''

'' 2 hours should be enough for one, then we need to rest. If the healing work though, I don't see why we can't do it without stopping.''

'' But we still have other things to do. Like me, for example, I have to train everyone, so I can't be out of commission for even an hour.'' Freya gave her opinion.

'' Hmmm, how about this. Every night, every God will create a single creature and then stop to recover. We don't need sleep anyway, so it should be okay with everyone. We would have an army in one year or so.''

Poseidon didn't know the exact number of Gods, but if there were at least 50, they would've more than 10.000 creatures with Demigod strength. Of course, it wasn't nearly enough, but it was better than nothing.

Poseidon was feeling stupid now, ' I should've said to everyone who stayed here to creature creatures, but it didn't even cross my mind.'

'' I see no problem with that. If the healing works, we can produce an unlimited amount of creatures.'' Ra was hopeful.

After exchanging a few pleasantries with Amaterasu and Ra, only Freya and Poseidon were left behind. She started the talk, '' So... I want to relieve my stress.''

Poseidon paused. He looked at Freya, '' Here?''

They were at the Meeting Place of the Gods, so anyone could enter at any time.

Freya got nude, '' Here.''

Poseidon sighed but also got nude, 'What I don't do for my wives.'

30 minutes later a satisfied Freya left, but not before kissing Poseidon, '' See you at night.''

Poseidon watched Freya fly away, then went to do his things.

WITH FREYA

Freya was returning to the training grounds while rubbing her belly, ' I hope we survive all of this and I can have another baby... I'll not commit the same errors as I did with Baldur.'

Speaking of Baldur, he was getting better. He even participated in the training combat on time in the last week and was seen in the same area as Hestia, Demeter, and Laufey, learning how to heal.

Freya was happy her son was getting better, ' Maybe a sibling would help...?'

Smiling to herself while thinking of a future that might not exist, Freya arrived at the training ground. Kratos, with who made she made friendship, asked, '' Why are you so late?''

Freya 'suited' up with her Valkyrie form and looked at Kratos, '' Do you really want to know?''

'' Hmmmm, not really.'' Kratos put the Leviathan Axe on his back, '' Let's go.''

Freya nodded and went to start the training. She was like this role, as it remembered her times as the Queen of the Valkyries.

Looking at all mortals, more than 100.000 of them, Freya saw a small chance of winning, ' If I train them harder, maybe, just maybe, we can survive this war... So let's not hold back.'

If Poseidon heard this though, he would be offered some prayers to the people here.

Freya said to Kratos, '' I know we are training them as hard as we could, but how about we ramp up the training?''

'' Even more?'' Kratos endured unimaginable training as a kid, and while the training regime he and Freya were putting the mortals and weak Gods through wasn't that hard, it was close. So when Freya asked that, he was surprised.

Freya nodded, '' Can help with that?''

Kratos thought for a minute while looking at the mortals in front of them. As of now, they literally had a chance of winning of 1%. If Kratos could train them on the level of a Spartan, in one year, the chances would be raised by ... 10 to 30%.

' It's worth the risk of injury on them, seeing as they would get strong and be able to resist Chaos. But the healing specialist will have an increase in job demand... But it should be done.'

Truth be told, Kratos also was thinking the actual training wasn't enough, so he was glad Freya mentioned it.

'' Let's do it. But tell Hestia, Laufey or Demeter about it. They will have more people to heal.''

Freya didn't mind that,'' Will do.''

Today marked a record of how many people the healing group had to help. It did show results, but we would have to wait to see them.

 


Thanks for the support!

11