71 – The Calm Before the Storm
267 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WITH POSEIDON

Poseidon was back home, looking at the content of his book. He wasn't satisfied. If anything were to happen to him, he wanted to give his family something that make them remember and for the mortals to thrive. The content of the book varied, but he felt it wasn't enough.

' What more can I add? About space? ... Do we even have that?' Truth be told, Poseidon hasn't tried to fly into space because he didn't see a reason to do so. Regardless, he wrote about space exploration in his book, ' Knowledge is always welcome.'

After an hour or so of his rough explanation about the subject, Poseidon was satisfied. He put the book aside and realized it was time for his 'training' with Kratos, Mimir, Ra, and Hephaestus.

Poseidon still hasn't talked with Athena or his children about his plan, which could be considered a suicide plan. He didn't find time to do so or was afraid of their reaction, ' I know that Athena and Nepute probably know something is up, but I still don't know if I should tell them.'

Regardless of what Poseidon thought, he arrived at the place where they trained. He was the first one to arrive, followed by Hephaestus.

'' Good afternoon. I see you're the first one to arrive.'' Hephaestus greeted Poseidon, '' So, how are you feeling today?''

'' Good enough. I adapted to the 30% transfer so I think we could amp that up a little today.''

Hephaestus put a hand on his chin, '' By how much?''

'' Maybe 5 or 10%.''

'' ... Poseidon, you might not handle that.''

'' I know, but we don't have much time. Or a choice for that matter. I would love it if anyone could come up with a different plan, but until then, we continue this.'' Poseidon knew the consequences of this, but he was willing to risk it, for he was the only one who could handle that much power inside his body. Maybe Kratos might be the only other God able to handle that since he did it before, but Poseidon wasn't so sure anymore.

' After my conversation with Yggdrasil, I felt my body, not my power, became stronger... I have to ask her after she wakes up about this.'

Hephaestus also knew they didn't have many options, so he relented, '' If you say so... When do you plan to tell the rest of the Gods?''

'' When I'm able to handle 100% of your and the rest power's. Then we will start to tell others.'' Poseidon knew the power of the 4 Gods here would not be able to let him face Cthulhu head-on, so when he adjust to their power, he would let more Gods know and started to transfer their powers.

'' How long do you think that would take?''

'' ... Maybe 6 months or more.''

'' If Yggdrasil is right, we would have only 5 months left after that... Do you think you could handle that much?''

'' I have to.'' Remembering something, Poseidon told Hephasesus about the plan to make creatures.

After hearing everything, Hephaestus thought it was a good plan, '' It could work. It would be even better if the healing helps in that regard.''

'' I plan on making aquatic creatures like Kraken, Scylla, and such. I don't know about others though.'' Poseidon was, after all, the God of Seas. So his specialty was making that type of creature.

Hephaestus didn't know what creature he would create, '' I don't know yet, but I'll let you know when I finished creating it.''

'' No problem.''

Soon after they stopped talking, the others arrived.

Kratos said, '' Sorry for the delay. The training today was more harsh than normal.''

'' No problem. Let's start right away.''

Ra and Mimir didn't mind that and started transferring their powers to Poseidon. Hephaestus and Kratos did the same.

When they passed 30% of their powers, Poseidon tested and could do everything like he was normal. He was stronger and faster than normal, but his body already adapted to this level of power.

'' More!'' Poseidon said while sitting on the ground.

Mimir hesitade, '' Are you sure?''

Poseidon nodded. The Gods knew Poseidon was stubborn and was doing this to help them, so they followed what he asked.

32%, 33%, 35%. By this point, Poseidon's entire body was red as if he was on fire. Blood started to come out from everywhere but, he still continued.

When it was 37%, Poseidon said, '' Stop.''

After getting up with difficulty, Poseidon tried moving around but was unable to do so. He sat on the ground and let his body adapt. He sat on the ground for 30 minutes before getting up and running around the house.

'' How are you feeling?''

Poseidon returned the powers, '' Like tomorrow I could handle 40%. Thanks again for your help.''

''Don't mention it.''

Everyone left, while Poseidon stayed behind. Even though it was a success, he was still hurt and now was waiting for his natural healing.

Poseidon sat on the ground, but soon got up and exited the house. He looked down on the land and water all around, '' ... I'll miss this.''

'' Why would you miss this? Aren't you alive today?'' A voice came from behind.

Poseidon sighed, ' I was so distracted that I didn't sense her, or were my injuries worse than I thought?'

Turning around and facing his wife, Poseidon started to talk, '' Athena-''

Athena interrupted him, '' I'm not dumb, Love. I know something was up from the beginning. Logically speaking, we don't have a chance against Chaos normally, so your plan to fight against them must be reckless, dangerous, or even worse... If you truly love me, tell me everything now.''

Poseidon could see Athena's face. It only had a love for him. He sighed, '' I -''

---

Athena returned to Odin's book research, '' Let's start again, from the beginning. No one will rest today.''

Mimimr noticed something was wrong with Athena. He put 2 and 2 together, '' He told you, right?''

Athena knew exactly what Mimir was talking about, '' He did. Well, I already suspected something was up since he was disappearing some days for hours without telling anyone about it. I also noticed the other 4 Gods also disappeared at the same time, so it was easy to find something was up.''

'' I just didn't know the extent of this.'' Athena looked at Mimir with resolute eyes, '' Help me with this. This book might have something that can help us.''

Even though they almost finished deciphering the entire book and no other useful info about Chaos appeared, Mimir knew the chances of finding more info were small. Even Athena knew this, but right now, she did not care. She wanted to find something, anything, to help Poseidon.

Mimi sighed, '' Let's do it.''

Athena thanked him and both started their research from the beginning. The mortals also assisted them.

' Please, let me find something useful.' While Athena prayed for anyone, time slowly passed.

5 MONTHS LATER

'' Poseidon! You did it!'' Hephaestus, who just passed 100% of his powers to Poseidon, exclaimed in glee.

After 5 months of transference of power, Poseidon finally adapted to 100% power of the 4 Gods.

Poseidon never felt this powerful before. He closed his eyes and felt everything around him. He felt invincible, but he knew he was far from that.

Looking at the 4 Gods who helped him, Poseidon was grateful, '' Thanks all of you.''

''Don't mention it.''

Even though the 4 Gods didn't have their powers, they were still immortals and such.

Poseidon returned their powers, '' Tomorrow I will call more Gods. We need to hurry, only 5 months left to the date Yggdrasil gave us.''

Just then, Poseidon heard someone calling out to his soul. He perked up immediately and smiled, '' Yggdrasil woke up. I'll go talk to her.''

He said goodbye to the others and went talk to Yggdrasil.

 


More or less 10 chapters left until the story ends!

Thanks for the support!

11