72 – War (1)
225 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving close to Yggdrasil, Poseidon felt the familiar pull on his soul. Soon he was with Yggdrasil in her domain, '' It's good to see you again.''

'' For how long I was asleep?''

'' About 5 months... A lot has changed.'' Poseidon explained to Yggdrasil all changes that occurred.

The biggest change was the mystical creatures. They now have a huge army because the healing plan worked. Poseidon lost count of how many they had, but it was over 200.000 of them at this point. And the war with Chaos is presumed to be in another 5 months, so they are looking for at least 500.000 creatures.

While it might not look much, it was better than before.

Poseidon also explained Choas still hadn't attacked and his plan was going along nicely.

Yggdrasil could see Poseidon's body got strong, '' I see my 'gift' is working nicely.''

Poseidon knew something was amiss when he managed to survive after reaching that much power. Mind you, Kratos had the power of the God of War and a whole lot of Giants, so for Poseidon to handle that, plus Mimir, Ra, and Hephaestus's power, was amazing.

'' What did you give me?''

'' The tea you drank when you visited me last time was a gift. It could help remold your body.'' Yggdrasil looked at Poseidon, '' It seems it has already lost its effect, but it did its job.''

'' It did. Thank you.''

'' I knew of your plan from the beginning, so I didn't mind help.'' Yggdrasil made another 'tea', '' Do you want more?''

''Absolutely. We need all help we can get.''

Yggdrasil gave the tea to Poseidon. She watched him drinking it, but slowly said, '' I'm afraid I have bad news.''

Poseidon put his cup down and prepared himself, '' Say it.''

'' Chaos is arriving sooner than we expected.''

Poseidon was quite shocked, '' How much time we have left.''

Yggdrasil raised 5 fingers.

'' 5 weeks?''

Yggdrasil shook her head, '' 5 days.''

Poseidon made some fast count on his head and said, '' We don't have a chance of winning as of now. We need more time.''

Yggdrasil sighed, '' I can protect the realm for a while, but it would be at most 1 more week.''

''Hmmm, can I have more of that gift you gave me before?'' Poseidon asked in a hurry.

Yggdrasil read his mind and nodded, '' I have, but the chances of you dying doing that will increase.''

'' I don't mind. Please give as much as you can. I'll try to have at least the full power of another 4 Gods. If I could do that, maybe, just maybe, I can face Chaos head-on.''

Yggdrasil passed Poseidon all her magical tea, '' We don't have much time. Use this the best you can.''

This tea could help Poseidon rebuild his body, so he was going to use all of it in the next 4 days, to make his body stronger and make it possible for him to hold more power in his body.

'' Thank you.'' Poseidon thanked Yggdrasil from the bottom of his heart.

'' Be safe. Until we meet again.''

Yggdrasil sent Poseidon away. She sighed soon after, '' It's not enough... I'll have to think of a better way to help him.''

The tree started to think of something to help Poseion and recalled something, ' The seed I gave Ratatorsk, it could help Poseidon in a time of need....'

Knowing that, Yggdrasil used her powers to attract Ratatoskr. It didn't take long after that for the squirrel to enter the range where Yggdrasil could drag him to her domain.

When Ratatoskr 'woke' up, he started to look around, '' Where am I? I was doing my own thing when suddenly I felt a call from this area. Then I woke up here...''

''You're in my domain.'' Ratatoskr turned around towards that sound and was surprised to see a woman there.

Even weirder is the fact he felt a great connection with her. It took a few seconds but Ratatoskr realized something, '' Yggdrasil?''

The woman nodded.

Ratatoskr gasped, '' But how? I thought weaker souls couldn't enter here.''

'' The Greek Realm is special. It allows many magical things to happen.''

Ratatoskr stared at Yggdrasil, '' Well, it's finally nice to meet you.''

Yggdrasil smiled at her hus-, squirrel, '' It's good to speak to you directly.''

The duo stared at each other and no one said a thing. Ratatoskr was amazed by Yggdrasil but knew something was up, '' So, why did you call me?''

Yggdrasil broke out of her stupor and said, '' Chaos is arriving in 5 days.''

'' ...WHAT!?'' Ratatoskr almost passed out. Or his soul.

'' Poseidon came with a plan just now but I doubt it would be enough, so I need something in your possession to help him, just in case the need arises.''

Ratatoskr didn't hesitate, '' Anything. Just say what it is.''

'' The seed I gave you before, do you still have it?''

Ratatoskr nodded, '' I do.''

'' Give it to Poseidon.''

'' No problem.''

Yggdrasil smiled at Ratatoskr, '' I thought you would hesitate to part from a piece of me...''

Ratatoskr smiled bitterly, '' While I like having a piece of you always with me, we need to win this war first, then think about the rest. If you know what I mean.''

Yggdrasil knew. She could read Ratatoskr's mind. She read all his emotions and smiled, '' I see you like me quite a lot. I can change my form if you want to.''

Yggdrasil transformed into a squirrel right in front of Ratatoskr, who stared at her. '' What do you think?''

Ratatoskr said slowly, '' That when the war is over, I'll pay a visit to you every day.''

Yggdrasil smiled, '' Good. Now go and give the seed to Poseidon, he might need it.''

Ratatoskr wanted to stay more but he knew they didn't have the luxury of time, '' Hopefully, see you soon.''

Yggdrasil sent Ratatoskr away and hoped this war ended in their favor.

---

When Poseidon woke up from his conversation with Yggdrasil, he called a meeting with every major God and some mortals. They all gathered in a hurry because they could feel Poseidon's alarm.

Poseidon looked around and noted everyone had arrived. He didn't beat around the bush, '' Chaos is arriving. We have 12 days at maximum, 5 days if things go wrong.''

There was a commotion in the Meeting Place. Everyone there knew they didn't have a chance right now, even with 500.000 creatures with Demigod's powers. If we count all mortals in Greece, they would've around 1.5M to 2M combatants.

' Not enough...'

'' What are we going to do!? We don't have the strength to face them now!'' The Mortals in the Meeting Place started to panic.

Some Gods also got alarmed but they didn't show it. They knew their situation, but also that they had a small chance.

'' Calm down.'' Poseidon said to everyone, '' We have a chance.''

Everyone stopped to listen.

'' Starting today, all Gods are to stop all training with the mortals and focus on creating creatures. If we focus all our strengths on this, we should be able to create a lot more.''

Truth be told, Poseidon would've done this later when he felt the Mortals were ready to fight. But now that Chaos was arriving way sooner, he had to move his plans forward.

'' The blacksmiths should put all-nighter starting now. I want everyone mortal and God to have 2 or more weapons.''

Poseidon looked at everyone in the place. He could see the helplessness in some, hope in others, '' We all knew the day when Chaos came knocking on the door was coming. We trained for months for this war.''

'' Yes, it came sooner than expected, and yes, we are not prepared today.''

Everyone looked at the ground.

'' But so what? If we are not prepared today, we can be tomorrow or the day after. Regardless of what are you feeling, this is quite literally our last war. We cant enter it with the mentality that we already lost.''

'' So I beg you, trust me.'' Poseidon got up from his seat, '' We can win this. No, we will win this war. There's no other option outside winning.''

'' To the mortals, spend the next couple of days of peace to stay with your loved ones, or train. It's up to you. For the Gods, when you pass out for draining all your powers creating the creatures, you can also rest or continue making more.''

'' All of us have a role in this, so trust me- and the others Gods. We - Will - Not- Lose.''

Poseidon said that as a matter of fact. Defeat wasn't an option for him.

Some of the mortals calmed down after Poseidon's speech. Even though small, he ignited some resemblance of hope in them.

''You're all dismissed. Tell everyone about the news.'' Everyone left and went to do their things.

Athena approached Poseidon. She grabbed his hands, '' I'm sorry we couldn't find more information on Odin's book. We researched all of it but found nothing.''

For the last couple of months, Athena alongside Mimir and some mortals, researched Odin's book more than 5 times but found no info regarding any Chaos weaknesses.

Poseidon kissed her forehead, '' I don't blame you. I doubt Chaos would give their weakness to Odin.''

Mimir approched the couple, '' Do you have any plan?''

Even the smartest man alive didn't have a solid plan to win, so he asked Poseidon.

'' I have a semblance of it.'' Poseidon told the truth, '' But I won't- need more 4 Gods besides the other you and the other 3.''

Mimir knew right away what Poseidon meant, '' Your body wont be able to handle the power. You just managed to adjust to us 4, adding more is suicide!''

Poseidon smiled bitterly, '' We don't have a choice. It's this or we can give our heads to chaos.''

Mimir said nothing more. '' Who do you have in mind? Remember that if you follow with that, Kratos, Hephaestus, Ra and I would be unable to help in a fight.''

While Mimir and Hephaestus didn't have a huge combat force and experience, Kratos and Ra were the opposite. Both had experience and power, so if they passed 100% to Poseidon, they would lose 2 powerful combatants.

To be honest, Poseidon was just using Ra and Kratos to adapt faster and didn't want to get their powers to face Cthulhu, but now with so little time, he was without many options.

'' To face Cthulhu head-on, I need to be stronger. But I also can't take away our main power.'' Poseidon looked at Mimir, '' Do you have any plan regarding this?''

Mimir looked at Athena, who nodded. She turned to Poseidon, '' Love, we have a suggestion.''

'' Say it.''

'' After the war with Zeus, you distributed all Titans' powers among us (AN: SUS), but I talked to the others and they didn't mind returning the powers to you. So you'll have the powers of all Titans. Do you think it would be enough?''

Poseidon thought for a while. He didn't mind testing this, '' Let's test it.''

While most of the Titans' powers went to Kratos, the Greek God, including Poseidon, had some too. And right now, Poseidon didn't mind more power.

Athena called out all Greek Gods who had Titans powers. They arrived soon after. '' We heard the news. It is true?''

Some of them weren't in the meeting, so they heard from others about Chaos coming sooner than expected. Athena nodded, '' It's true. Now it's time for that thing I talked about with all of your earlier.''

'' To pass our titan powers to Poseidon?''

Athena nodded.

'' No problem for me.''

Poseidon stood in the middle of all Greek Gods who had Titan powers. '' Ready?'' He asked.

All of them nodded.

'' Then start.''

All Titan powers went into Poseidon. It brought an old feeling in him, ' It's been some time since this happened. At that time, it was somehow easy to walk around and such. I have no idea how Kratos managed to fight with Zeus with such an imbalance in powers.'

The Kratos who fought Zeus was armed with all Titans' powers, and he won even though his body was falling apart. It was without Yggdrasil's help that Kratos managed to hold on and win the fight.

' Respect to him.' Poseidon could feel the immense power flow through him, breaking a few bones here and there.

To Poseidon's surprise, he could easily assimilate all Titans' powers. He even asked, '' Is that it?''

Everyone around him nodded. '' I don't feel much different.''

When Poseidon stepped on the ground, the entire place shook. Everyone stared at him. He scratched his head, '' Yggdrasil, what did you give me!?''

'' Take a minute or two to adjust. You are more powerful than you think.'' Athena advises Poseidon.

Poseidon wasn't stupid, he didn't adjust before because he didn't feel that much difference in powers, but it seems the gift Yggdrasil gave was more powerful than he thought. He sat on the ground again.

After some time passed, Poseidon got up again. This time, he adjusted to his new power levels.

'' How are you feeling?'' Athena asked.

Poseidon closed and opened his hands, '' Powerfull.''

At this time, Ratatoskr suddenly appeared out of nowhere, '' Hello guys.''

Everyone greeted him. Poseidon asked, '' What brings you here?''

Ratatoskr passed a seed to Poseidon, '' Yggdrasil said to give this to you. It should help in time of need, according to her.''

Poseidon grabbed the seed and looked at it. It didn't look special, but Poseidon trusted Yggdrasil. He put in a safe place in his clothes, '' Thank you.''

'' Don't mention it.'' Ratatoskr went away as fast as he came, '' See you around.''

Poseidon now was going to train with his newfound strength and then will create a few creatures. Of course, after that he would grab a few more Gods powers, to help him.

' With this, we have a chance.' Poseidon's gaze was filled with confidence, ' Chaos will have a surprise!'

----

11 DAYS LATER

This marked the last day of peace Yggdrasil promised. Every single Mortal and God was prepared for the war.

Poseidon and Athena were cuddling while Neptune and Minerva were playing around the house. '' How are you feeling?''

'' Anxious? I don't know, but I'm just happy to have time to spend with you.'' Poseidon kissed Athena.'' Tomorrow will be a bad day... According to what you said, if you die from a Chaos-inflicted wound, you can't be reborn or saved from the Underworld, right?''

Athena found this in Odin's book and repassed it to the rest. She nodded, '' Yes, so please don't do anything reckless.''

Poseidon looked outside, towards the skies above Olympus, '' I'll try.''

Freya and Isis weren't here because they decided to spend this last day with their people, and Poseidon didn't mind that.

'' While I'm fighting against Cthulhu, I want you, Kratos, and Freya to take the lead. Can I count on you?'' Poseidon asked Athena a difficult thing.

She, however, responded immediately, '' Leave it to us.''

'' Thank you.'' The couple stayed cuddled watching their children for minutes.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Poseidon felt something and got up. He grabbed his shield and Trident.

At this point, Athena, Neptune, and Minerva knew something was up, '' What happened?''

Poseidon' voice was filled with uncertainty. While he was confident he could face them, the loss, either they win or lose, will be enormous, '' Chaos has arrived!''

 

 


 

The war started!

13