73 – War (2)
226 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Poseidon arrived near the portal, he found out he wasn't the first. Thor, alongside Heimdal and Jörmungandr, were watching the portal. The portal was close to the edge of the realm.

'' How is the situation?'' Poseidon asked as soon as he arrived.

'' We are close when we sensed this and came to see. No reaction for now.'' Thor answered.

Jörmungandr started to speak in a language Poseidon didn't understand. Thor, on the other hand, laughed, '' HAHAHA, I too would never imagine we would be fighting side by side.''

Remember that Thor and Jörmungandr were supposed to fight during Ragnarok, but after everything that happened, they are now fighting side by side.

Heildaim ignored both and looked at Poseidon, '' How are the preparations?''

'' Everyone should have woken up by now, and ready to fight.'' Poseidon looked at the trio, '' While I'm gone, Athena, Freya, and Kratos will lead you.''

'' No problem.'' Heimdl didn't mind following those two. He contemplated his situation, '' This is it, huh?''

'' Every battle we fought, every atrocity we did and witnessed, all of them lead to this moment.''

Thor got caught up in emotion and the image of Sif appeared in his mind. He shook his thoughts and laughed at Heindaml, '' HAHAHAHA, so you're admitting you are going to die!?''

Heimdal was already accustomed to Thor, so he didn't mind what he said. He shook his head at Thor, '' I very much plan on living until the universe collapses, but remember that this is a fight we almost don't have a chance of winning. So, whatever happens, I'm okay with it.''

Thor surprisingly shared this sentiment, '' Yeah... this is a death I'm okay with it. Besides, only a warrior's death gave us a pass to Vallhala, and there will be no better opportunity to go there than this war.''

Vallhala was the version of Heaven to the Gods and Mortals of the Norse Realm. This war against Chaos was something they dreaded and welcomed at the same time.

After Thor said that, everyone in the scene stayed quiet. All of them stared at the big portal in front of them.

It didn't take long after that for the other Gods to show up, every single one of them adorned with weapons and armor. ''How's the situation?''

Poseidon responded quickly, '' No movement yet, but we can't let our guard down.''

'' Prepare the army and the weapons! The portal could start spitting Choas creatures at any moment.'' Poseidon ordered around, and everyone went to do their things.

Poseidon was the only one at the edge of the portal, staring at it as if his gaze could kill. He could sense Athena approaching him. The couple stared at each other. '' This could be the end.''

'' I know.''

Poseidon reached out into his clothes and passed his book to Athena, '' If I don't make it-''

'' Poseidon, don't.''

'' Just listen. If I don't make it, this book has every single thought of mine on how to move forward. I also made messages for everyone. I want you to read and pass those messages around and use the knowledge in there to make things better, for everyone. Can you do this?''

Athena stared at Poseidon's hand holding the book. She hesitated but took it, '' I trust that nothing bad will happen to any of us. But in the case it does, I'll do as you said.''

Poseidon kissed Athena, '' Thank you.''

The couple then held hands and stayed close to the portal.

30 MINUTES LATER

Iris approached Poseidon and Athena, '' Preparations are done. We are ready.''

Poseidon nodded, '' Thank you for telling me.'' He and Athena are the only ones at the frontline while the rest was waiting for Chaos to send their army. It was for precaution, in case Cthulhu attacked directly.

Just then, the portal started to open. Poseidon put Athena and Iris behind him and said in a grave voice, '' Be prepared.''

But what came out of the portal was a humanoid creature. Poseidon recognized it, '' Susanoo.'' He turned around to Iris, '' Call Amaterasu.''

Iris nodded and disappeared in a flash.

Susanoo didn't seems surprised to see Poseidon, '' Hello again.''

'' I gotta say, it's really not nice to see you again.'' Poseidon was sincere.

Sussanoo knew it was the truth. Everywhere he went, destruction followed suit. '' I see, but - ''

'' Before you say anything else, someone wants to talk with you.'' Poseidon looked back, and sure enough, Iris was coming in this direction with Amaterasu.

Susanoo expression changed when he sensed a presence he knew. It was a mix of relief and shame, '' It seems she survived.''

'' She did... I told her about you and she became agitated. You must have been close friends before what happened to you.''

'' We were.''

Amaterasu arrived at their location and Poseidon said, '' For courtesy, I'll leave both of you to talk for a while.'' He looked at Susanoo, '' Can you at least say how much time we still got before Cthulhu attacks?''

Susanoo answered right away, '' You have 1 hour before the main attack arrives. This attack will be the most dangerous yet...I hope you manage to win this.''

While Susanoo is corrupted, at the end of the day, he was once a God. So he didn't mind letting this information 'slip'.

Poseidon then went away and left Amaterasu and Susanoo alone to talk. He went to take something that might help Susanoo recover.

Amaterasu approached Susanoo but maintained a certain distance. Many emotions flashed across her face, '' I almost didn't believe it when Poseidon told me you're alive. It's good to see you, even though you are like this.''

Susanoo glanced at his body, which was totally corrupted, '' At least I survived long enough to talk with you... How have you been since, you know, that time?''

Amaterasu heard Susanoo saying they only had 1 hour before the attack started, so she keep things simple because she wanted to hear more about him. '' After our Realm was destroyed and I managed to escape, I just kept going forward into the Between the Realm and eventually arrived here. The people here accepted me with open arms.''

'' I see.''

'' What about you?''

Susanoo sighed, but he told Amaterasu everything, '' They captured me and did some experiments. They wanted to see what would happen when Chaos' powers were infused into a God's body. As you can see, it was a success. I'm more powerful than before, but it came with a price. I can only unleash my full potential in the Chaos, here on the Realm I'm weaker than most.''

Amaterasu could tell that even though he was supposed to be weakened, he had surpassed her in raw power,'' Is there any way to revert what happened to you?''

Susanoo smiled bitterly, '' I don't know. But if you find a way, I will gladly accept... Although, I doubt anyone in this Realm will be alive at the end of the day.''

Amaterasu paused, '' Why did you say so?''

'' After the last time, when Cthulhu was injured, he changed his approach. He will send an army of thousands in one hour. He would send more as time passes, leaving nothing behind. Even though I can see you gathered some resistance, I don't think it will be enough.''

Just then, Poseidon appeared and interrupted the conversation between Amaterasu and Susanoo, '' We will still try.'' He was carrying a recipient.

Susanoo instinctively recoiled when he saw that recipient, '' What is inside of it?''

Poseidon smiled seeing Susanoo's reaction, '' You see, from the beginning, we knew the Greek Realm was special. We almost didn't get attacked and when we did, we had the right tools to defend ourselves. The thing inside this recipient was used to expel one of the Chaos attacks, and I think it might help you.''

Susanoo's instincts said for him to run away, but he stayed put when he heard what Poseidon said. He bit his lips and said, '' What do you mean?''

'' Chaos send something called Evil when a war was going on in our Realm, it was supposed to corrupt the Gods, but we managed to seal it. Some things happened, Evil was released and it did its purpose. It corrupted all Gods.''

'' But, we managed to find a way to eradicate it from their body.'' Poseidon opened the recipient and inside was The Flame of Olympus, '' This flame is special. I think it could revert your body back to normal.''

When Susanoo saw the flame, he ran away. But Poseidon was faster and didn't let him enter the Portal, '' I'm sorry, but we have to test it.''

'' STOP!''

Poseidon very much didn't stop. He put the Flame of Olympus on Susanoo's body. Sure enough, it began to burn.

'' ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.'' Susanoo screamed in agony.

Amaterasu even tried to intervene, but Athena stopped her, '' This is the only chance your friend has to recover from whatever Chaos did to him.''

Even though she didn't like what was happening, Amaterasu stayed put while Susanoo screamed. After 2 minutes, the screams died down.

Athena let Amaterasu go closer. When the Japanese Goddess saw Susanoo state, she was incredulous, '' Impossible!''

She saw how Susanoo was just a few minutes ago. The person in front of her didn't look the same from that time. It looked like the normal Susanoo before he was corrupted.

'' This is a miracle!'' Amaterasu covered the nude body of Susanoo.

Poseidon closed the container with the Flame of Olympus. '' Take him away and try to wake him up. See if he has any more info for us.''

Amaterasu nodded and carried her friend. She stopped and turned around to face Poseidon, '' Thank you.''

'' Dont metnion it.''

Watching Amaterasu going away, Poseidon drew the Flame of Olympus closer, ' Athena, Mimir, and the scholars were right. It worked.' The plan to use the Flame of Olympus came from that group after they researched Odin's book.

Poseidon starred at the Portal for some time and came to decision.

Athena came closer to Poseidon. She noted his face changing, '' What are you thinking about?''

'' Susanoo said we had one hour. I'm thinking of attacking first.'' Poseidon right now had the powers of all Titans. He had to go around collecting the powers of the other Gods and rush inside the Chaos portal before his body collapses.

Athena knew Poseidon's role in this war was fighting against Cthulhu. So in terms of the whole war, it was a small but most important role and didn't matter when the fight between the two started. '' Are you sure?''

Poseidon nodded, '' Yes.''

'' Then go ahead. I'll call the Gods who will pass some of their powers to you.'' Athena knew once Poseidon came to a decision, it was difficult to make him go back. So she was going to support him.

'' Thank you.''

Athena then departed, to call the other Gods.

Poseidon continued to stare at the Chaos Portal. It was almost like a black hole.

' After all of this is over, I'll take a vacation...'

Soon enough, Athena arrived with a select group of Gods and beings. '' I bought them.'' She also came with Neptune and Minerva.

Everyone stared at Poseidon, '' Athena told you your plan. We don't have any objection.''

'' Thank you for coming. Just let me say goodbye.'' Poseidon turned to Neptune and Minerva and gave them a hug, '' I love you both very much.''

The children returned the hug, '' Promise you will win.''

'' I will try.'' Poseidon kissed their forehead, then come close to the Gods, '' You may begin.''

The Gods started to pour their powers into Poseidon. Each of the Gods present passed 10 to 20% of their powers. It was a number that was acceptable to everyone, as it helped Poseidon and still made them maintain their strength.

The Gods and Creatures who passed Poseidon their powers were: Kratos, Thor, Ra, Mimir, Hephaestus, Jörmungandr, Athena, Sif, Hestia, Demeter, Dionysus, and Sif.

While it might not sound much, receiving 10 to 20% from the 12 Gods put a huge burden on Poseidon's body. He received their powers and arrived close to the portal. He looked back one last time, '' Goodbye. I pray everything goes our way. I trust all of you.''

Athena looked at her husband, '' I love you.''

Poseidon gave a sad smile, '' I love you too. See you.'' Then he leaped into the portal.

 


 

Thanks for the support!

12