74 – War (3)
219 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering Chaos, Poseidon's body, which was breaking apart just a few seconds ago, stabilized. He cheered up internally, ' Our guesses were right!'

But that feeling only lasted a couple of seconds until he looked around. The army Chaos gathered was enormous, and at distance, Poseidon could see Cthulhu.

Poseidon did a rough estimative of the numbers of Chaos, ' Maybe 5 million?'

Their number was overwhelming, but Poseidon still believe they could win this as long as he defeated Cthulhu.

No one noticed Poseidon's presence yet, so he would use this to his advantage. He didn't want to talk with them, as he knew Chaos couldn't be reasoned with. So he prepared an attack.

He took his Trident, crouched down, and started to gather power at the sharp end, then crouched. He stayed in that position for a few seconds until he disappeared, ' Now!'

Poseidon appeared above Cthulhu's location and launched his attack on the monster. Mind you, the actual Poseion is at least 100% times more powerful than the Poseidon who fought Chtulhu last time. And he managed to injure the Chaos leader last time, so with this attack, he knew the monster would be very injured.

POW

The attack hit, but Poseidon immediately noticed something was not right. He retreated and watched in horror and Chtulhu managed to defend it with his arm. It had a nasty wound, but it was still hanging there. Poseidon thought it would severe it, so this was surprising.

Chtulhu turned around to face Poseidon, '' Oh, it's you.'' The creature wasn't that surprised, '' Let me tell, I can see you got stronger.''

Chtulhu then ignored Poseidon and said to his army, '' Go!''

The Chaos creatures started to run inside the portal, towards the Greek Realm.

Poseidon's goal was to stop the destruction of the Realm, so he didn't want them to pass. He attacked the Chaos creatures with his Trident, easily killing thousands with one attack.

But it wasn't enough and a huge number passed. As the creatures passed, the portal started to fade. That's when Chtulhu said, '' Stop!''

Poseidon noted that but continued to attack the troops, ' So Susanoo was telling the truth. Only 25.000 troops can pass at one time. But for how long?'

If the entire army could pass at one time, things would get troublesome. No, it would be a disaster.

With worry in his mind, Poseidon continued massacring the troops, all while putting his attention on Chtulhu. He felt the situation was very strange and his intuition, at other times, was right.

' He's letting me kill those troops without doing anything... My attack earlier almost didn't do damage. This is weird.'

At one point, Poseidon stopped attacking when he noticed Chtulhu moving. He didn't want to let the monster get comfortable, so he launched a spear made of water. He brought a small quantity, so he was using water sparingly.

Chtulhu sensed the attack and used his injured arm to defend himself. He then looked at Poseidon, '' While I admit you got stronger, you will not be able to win. We will make sure of it.''

Poseidon noted something, '' We?''

Chtulhu laughed evilly, '' You think you're the only one who could come up with a plan!? Naive!''

Just then, to Poseidon's horror, he sensed presences coming from another location in Chaos. He could sense they almost had the same strength as Chtulhu.

Poseidon looked at Chtulhu, who was delighted to see Poseidon's face. '' When we fought last time, you managed to injure me badly.'' Chtulhu looked at his arm, which was now almost severed, '' Even now I almost lost one of my arms.''

'' But you see, Chaos doesn't like powerful enemies. When I was injured last time, I did something.''

Poseidon clutched his Trident. ' Things got troublesome.'

Just then, the portal stabilized and more troops entered. Poseidon was shocked, as Susanoo said the waves were coming in hours, not minutes.

Poseidon, still with his attention on Chtulhu, continued to attack the troops. While he was killing thousands, the army was on the millions.

More and more Choas troops died, and at the same time, more and more passed through the portal. They continued to do so until it started to destabilize and Chtulhu said, '' Stop!'', once more.

Poseidon knew time was running out and now he would not stop attacking the troops. But Chtulhu didn't let him. He moved, and Poseidon was prepared.

Chtulhu didn't have armor or weapons, so he used his body to attack. Poseidon used his Trident and both clashed.

BOOOMMM

Even though Chaos was a dark place and almost infinite, the entire space shook from the impact. Poseidon and Chtulhu flew away from each other.

Chtulhu now was close to his troops, '' While I don't really care about them, they were necessary to destroy your realm. So you can't kill all of them.''

The Portal stabilized once again and more troops passed. Poseidon grabbed his Trident tight and attacked.

----

IN THE GREEK REALM

Thor, Jörmungandr, and Heidaml are the first line of defense. They would kill all strong creatures and leave the rest to the army.

Freya and Kratos were not here because they both were leaving the army. Athena and Mimir were in the central area, Mount Olympus, inside a tent, making preparations and ready to give strategies to others.

One Mortal suddenly entered their place.

'' How the situation?'' Athena asked rigth away.

'' Chaos began to invade. The first wave came and it was 25 thousand. It was a number the trio could still handle. The problem is...''

Athena said in a hurry, '' Continue.''

'' 5 to 10 minutes after the first wave, one more of them came, bringing more Chaos Creatures. Some of them escaped Thor's thunder, so mortals and the others killed them. But, remember, Susanoo said the waves were supposed to come at one-hour intervals. Something must have happened on the other side.''

Athena and Mimir looked at each other. They knew this was a difficult war from the beginning, but not even 1 hour in, they were already in trouble.

'' Thank you. Go back there, and report to us if anything else happens.'' Athena sends the moral away. As soon as he left, she turned to Mimir, '' Any ideas on what happened?''

'' You and I both have ideas of what happened, but we have no way to confirm them. At this point, all we could do is trust Poseidon.'' Mimir sighed. He just reunited with his lover, after being stuck in a tree for a long time. Now, everything was crashing down.

Athena looked away from Mimir, toward the Flame of Olympus, ' We have to have hope.'

While Poseidon carried a small quantity of the Flame, the rest stayed in the Greek Realm, in case something bad happened.

Just then, the mortal who just left, returned in a hurry, '' Trouble!''

He was gasping for air, but he still said what he came to say, '' A large number of Chaos Creatures passed through the portal!''

'' How many?''

The man hesitated but said, '' 500.000.''

Athena sighed. It seems she would not be able to do anything today. She glance at her sword, and her shield, ' If push came to shove, I'll fight.'

She and Mimir got out of their tent, and the image outside wasn't a good one. Chaos creatures were running around, and while they were being killed, the Greek Realm looked like it was raining blood. The sky was painted red, and death was everywhere.

Athena looked at Mimir, who noted her gaze. He smiled a little, '' I know your history and your powers. While you are a good strategist, you're also the Goddess of War in this realm. So go, fight as much as you want.''

While it's true Athena didn't like to fight, she WAS a Goddess of War. And, to be honest, in this war, she wanted to fight. After all, her very existence was at stake.

Athena nodded and thanked Mimir, '' I trust you to handle the rest then.''

Mimir didn't look fazed, '' I will. Now go.''

Athena then went into action. She killed some Chaos creatures here and there.

While she was a little preoccupied with Neptune and Minerva, she didn't look for them, ' They are Gods, they know how to handle themselves.'

Athena focused on saving Mortals, and the mystical creatures the Gods created. And that was what she did.

---

Susanoo woke up and looked around in astonishment. He was in a trial with Amaterasu, '' Where am I?''

Amaterasu, who was looking out of the tent, at the war, turned her attention to Susanoo. She ran towards him, '' Easy, you just went through a purification process.''

Susanoo slowly recovered his memory. He instantly went pale, '' Where is Poseidon!?''

Amaterasu was surprised by Susanoo's reaction but still replied, '' He entered the portal to Chaos and must be facing Cthulhu. Why?''

Susanoo almost fainted, '' It's a trap! When Cthulhu told the Elder Ones about how he was injured by a False God, they got mad. They swore revenge and plotted to bring Poseidon to Chaos. They would kidnap someone he loves and bring them to Chaos, making Poseidon follow them.''

'' Then, they would all attack him and make him watch as his Realm is destroyed. Quickly, you have to make him return.''

Amaterasu was stunned. Even if Susanoo was saying the truth, the truth is Poseidon can't return. He was the last line between Chaos and the Greek Realm. If Poseidon falls, everyone would follow soon after.

'' He can't retreat.''

Susanoo put his head down, '' Then we already lost.''

Amaterasu could see despair coming out of Susanoo. She consoled her friend, '' I'll relay this to Athena and Mimir. Maybe they could come up with a plan to help.''

Susanoo shook his head, '' I doubt it would work.''

Amaterasu knew Susanoo must have gone through a lot at the hand of Chaos because he was never this pessimist. Still, she knew him, '' I can't say I know what you went through, but this is not you. You have to have faith in others.''

After saying that, Amaterasu departed looking for Athena. Susanoo watched as his friend go toward the war outside.

He got up and went to watch it. He saw mortals, Gods, mystical creatures, all of the different Realms, fighting alongside each other against Chaos. He was amazed by their perseverance.

' Maybe I could help?' This thought went away as soon as it arrived, ' No! I'm too weak to help-'

Susanoo stopped talking when he saw a boy and a girl of max 13 years old fighting side by side against Creatures of Chaos. Even though they were outnumbered and weak, they didn't give up. This ashamed Susanoo.

' While they are fighting, I'm here crying about all. Even though it would mean nothing by the end of the day, I can still help.' Even though he had just woken up, and was still weak from the purification, Susanoo grabbed a sword and went to help.

 


Thanks for the support!

12