76 – War (5)
188 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Realistically speaking, Mimir didn't have the powers to face Odin head on. Hell, not even from afar. But, with Freya's presence, who was strong enough to match Odin, he did have a role to play in this fight. Try to deal a fatal blow, but that was going to be difficult.

''AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'' Freya launched an attack with her sword, which Odin promptly defended. ' He got stronger! But so did I!'

With those last exchanged blows, Freya immediately noticed that Odin had grown stronger in the time he had been gone. But, still, it was a level that Freya could fight on.

'But something is bothering me... It was the look in Odin's eyes. It was as if he was enjoying this whole situation.' Freya rushed ahead, used her wings to form a barrier of sand and other things, and tried to attack Odin.

''Is that all you have?'' Odin repelled Freya's attack, sent her away, and immediately ducked. A surprise attack from Mimir came within inches of him. ''That was close.''

Mimir didn't stop attacking, but Odin easily defended himself with his weapon, Gungnir. Odin then defended one of the attacks, which made Mimir lose his balance, and attacked forward with his spear.

At the last second, Mimir dodged, but the attack hit him in the leg, causing it to bleed. He then turned away from Odin and returned to where Freya was. Looking down at his leg, Mimir cursed, 'Shit!

The fight was already difficult, but now with reduced mobility, it would become even more so. Mimir quickly tried to heal himself, but as expected, attacks from Chaos creatures don't heal so easily, and Odin turned into one of them.

Using a part of his clothes to stop the bleeding, Mimir said to Freya, '' This will be difficult with just the 2 of us.''

Freya knew it was the truth, '' So how about we call back up?''

Mimir didn't have the title of the smartest alive for nothing. He too was thinking of going away to call reinforcements, but he was afraid,'' You know he's toying with us. If I leave, I don't know what can he do to you.'' At this point, he knew Odin wasn't fighting seriously.

Freya clutched her sword tight, '' Go. I can handle him.''

Mimir had no choice, '' I'll be right back!'' He then rushed away from this location.

'' Oh, you leaving? Who said you could do so?'' Odin didn't like that one of his toys ran away, so he went to intercept him. But, Freya appeared in front of him.

'' We still haven't finished talking.'' Freya attacked the head, but Odin simply dodged to the side.

'' How boring.'' Odin turned serious for a moment and attacked Freya's leg at a velocity she could not react in time.

But, she did have her instincts, so she hardened her leg as best as she could and counterattacked. She knew the leg would be torn off or broken.

CRACK

Sure enough, the leg broke, but Freya did land an attack on Odin. His arm, the same one Poseidon tore off before and regrow, was cut once more.

Both didn't scream. They stared at each other. By this point, Mimir had already disappeared in the distance.

'' I must say, you were stronger than I anticipated. For you to counterattack that, you must've been busy training.'' Odin really sounded and looked surprised by Freya's strength.

Freya adjusted her posture to fix the problem of a broken leg as best as she could, '' Or you grew weaker. Let's not waste time using our mouths to talk. Let's use our fists.''

Odin knew it would be pointless to continue talking. Freya clearly wasn't in the mood to talk. He starred at Freya for a while, then made the first move.

The ex-husband and wife continued clashing through the area, and Freya was clearly on the losing side. She was constantly getting cuts and wounds here and there.

SLASH

One of Odin's attacks landed on Freya's arms. It almost cut it off, and while it didn't, it made her drop the sword. That would not make Freya stop fighting, as she headbutted Odin as soon as she regained her bearing.

CRACK

Unfortunately, Odin's body was at a higher level than hers. Freya's head almost cracked open, and she was dizzy. Odin took this opportunity and punched her right in the stomach, making her fly into the distance.

COUCH COUGH

Coughing up blood, Freya looked with hazed eyes as Odin was approaching. Her wound did not heal and she grow weaker.

Odin arrived near her, '' I must say, you put up a nice fight. But this is the end.''

Freya smiled at her ex-husband. She did so because she felt a presence coming towards her, '' Yes, this in the end. But not for me.''

Odin finally noted the presence of the others, but it was a step too late. A hammer hit him right in the mouth, breaking his jaw, making him lose a few teeth, and sending him flying.

Thor, Heimdall, and Mimir arrived.

The trio arrived close to Freya and helped her get up, '' Are you okay? Sorry it took me so long to arrive, we found resistance.'' Mimir looked sorry.

Freya took a few breaths and used her powers to heal her. While it didn't help that much, it still helped. She looked at them, '' Don't worry. Let's just make sure we kill him properly this time!''

'' HAHAHA, I almost lost the opportunity to fight that old bastard!'' Thor looked afraid and, at the same time, filled with confidence and fighting spirit.

Heimdall gave Freya her sword, '' You dropped this.''

'' Thanks.'' Freya used her good arm and grabbed her sword. '' Let's end this!''

The four of them went towards Odin, who had already recovered and was looking at them from the sky, '' Well, well, well. If it's not my ex-watchdogs. How do you feel?''

Thor raised Mjolnir at Odin, '' Today is the day you die, old man!''

The four allies entered a formation, with Thor and Freya at the front, Mimir at the back, waiting for a chance to deal a fatal blow, while Heimdall was in the middle, with a role to help whenever he could.

'' We will see about that!'' Odin launched an attack on Mimir, the weaker one. Thor and Freya immediately jumped towards the attack, while Heilmdall attacked from below.

Mimir was clutching his weapons hard, waiting for a chance to attack.

Blow after blow was exchanged, and this time Odin was losing quite badly in fact.

POW

Thor managed to land a hit on Odin's back, making him lose balance. Mimir immediately attack, but Odin turned around almost like a ghost and attack the man.

' It was a feint!' Mimir realized that too late, as Gugnir entered his vision. He closed his eye, ' Sigrun, I'm sorry.'

STAB

Mimir waited for the pain, but it never came. He hesitantly open his eyes, and sure enough, Odin stabbed someone. But, it was not him.

Heimdal was infront of Mimir. He didn't even have the time to say anything, as he was thrown into Mimir's body, sending both flying.

'' NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'' Thor immediately entered a rage state and started to attack Odin furiously. Freya also helped attack.

Mimir held Heilmdall's body and gently lowered him to the ground. He took one last look at him and joined the attack.

At this point, the onslaught of attack finally put a strain on Odin's body, and it started to crack and crumble. Realizing this, Odin started to retreat toward the portal, but he made a crucial mistake. He thoroughly enraged Thor.

RUMBLE

In the middle of the combined attacks of Thor and Freya, a huge storm of lightning hit Odin, making him totally paralyzed and dizzy. He tried to move his body, but couldn't.

Odin finally panicked and tried to talk, but soon realized even his voice was paralyzed.

Thor immediately coughed a huge amount of blood. Freya supported him, '' Are you okay?''

Thor shook his head, '' I used every bit of power I had. While I will eventually recover, I can't move for now. But, Odin too can't move for at least a couple of minutes. Finish him.''

Freya nodded, put Thor in a comfortable position, and joined Mimir. Both stared at Odin.

Mimir was the first one to attack. ''This is for me.'' He stabbed Odin in his last eye.

GRUNT

While he could not scream, Odin could still make sounds.

Mimir continued to stab Odin's body repeatably, in regions that made him suffer, but not killed him right away. After 100 or so stabs, Mimir looked satisfied, '' I hope you burn!''

He then looked at Freya, '' All yours.''

Freya nodded. She looked at Odin, who was near the death door. She did not want to prolong this, as she knew he would eventually escape if they gave time, '' Time to beg for forgiveness for what you did... but I'm sure no one will listen.''

She was about to stab him right in the heart, killing him for good. Before that, Freya remembered something and stopped.

'' Oh, I remembered something. Poseidon, you know, the God who cut your arm off? I married him.''

Odin's expression changed.

'' He knew we would face each other and asked me to tell you something.'' Freya arrived close to Odin's ear, '' Quoting him, ' I FUCKED YOUR WIFE'!''

Immediately after that, Freya stabbed Odin's heart, effectively killing him. She watched as his life fly out of his body, and he fell to the ground.

After making sure nothing of Odin remained, Freya sighed, ' Maybe I should have brought Baldur here... but, still, I don't know if killing his father would've helped him heal.'

Pushing those thoughts aside, Freya rushed to where Thor was. He was with his eyes closed, but alive. She healed him as best as she could,' He's breathing. I'll bring him to the healer's area.'

Then Freya came toward where Mimir was. She saw he was looking at Heimdall. ' This does not look good.'

Just to make sure, Freya looked over at Heimdall, and sure enough, he was thoroughly dead. She could see Mimir, even though he and Heimdall were once enemies, was shaken up.

Freya touched his shoulder, '' Don't worry about him. He is probably already in Vallhala, a place where we dreamt to go.''

Mimir sighed, '' If this is the price we have to pay to gain our victory, I don't mind dying too.''

While the war was at a stalemate, a lot of people were still dying, even though the Gods were doing their best to protect them. Hell, even Gods were dying too.

Putting Heimdall body in a safe location, both Freya and Mimir grabbed Thor and went towards the healers' area, to help him recover as fast as possible.

The war only started, and they need all help they could get.

 


Thanks for the support!

11