77 – War (6)
195 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Odin was fighting with Freya, Mimir, Thor, and Heimdall, Seth, who also betrayed his realm, was receiving the punishment he deserved.

Seth was nowhere near strong as Odin, and it didn't take long for Ra and Thoth to put him down. There was no big fight, no nothing. Seth literally just got bitch slapped left and right.

Ra and Thoth also called Bastet, Anubis, and Isis. All of them wanted to make Seth suffer. They knew it wasn't good to do that in wartime, but they did lose their home, friends, and family thanks to Seth. Making him suffer was a good thing for their mind.

Everyone took turns stabbing, punching, kicking, you name it, with Seth. By the end of it, Seth looked nothing like him who arrived at the Greek Realm with confidence. Now, he looked like a ball.

Feeling that they took too long, the Egyptian Gods quickly killed Seth and threw his body aside like he was garbage. Ra immediately said, '' Let's go back to our positions. The war is far from over and we already lost some portions of our army.''

While the invasion was still occurring, losses were inevitable. And while Chaos had virtually an infinite number of soldiers who could be replaced if they wanted, the individuals in the Greek Realm were 'normal'. If they died here, it is game over.

Everyone nodded and went back to do their things.

Ra looked at the distant portal, ' I hope you win this, Poseidon. For the sake of us all...'

----

The said Poseidon was attacking Cthulhu. He continued to do so and he was dealing huge damage to Cthulhu, but he knew something was very wrong because Cthulhu didn't seem to mind.

The only time Cthulhu acted was when Poseidon was going for the kill, 'It was almost like he wanted to get hit ... or he is staling for time!'

That though made Poseidon's skin crawl. He went all-in with his attacks and Cthulhu was retreating more and more.

SLASH

One of the many arms Cthulhu had was severed, but he was still smiling. Poseidon then attacked one of the eyes, blinding it. Cthulhu still smiled like nothing happened.

At this point, Poseidon stopped. He knew something went wrong, and for now, he could not kill Cthulhu for good, ' I need more power if I want to end this once and for all.'

Even with the huge amount of power he now had, Poseidon failed to realize Cthulhu also could grow stronger in the time they were fighting.

While at this moment Poseidon was slightly stronger, it was only slightly. It wasn't enough to go for the kill. That made him stop fighting Cthulhu and focused his focus solely on killing as many Chaos creatures as he could.

Cthulhu noted that, '' Huh...? Whats wrong, false God? Feeling tired already?''

Poseidon, still attacking the Chaos creatures, was putting all his attention on Cthulhu, so when he spoke, he looked at him, '' What are you planning?''

Cthulhu smiled evilly, '' You called some friends, so I did the same. It cost me a lot, by the way, so you'll have to pay for it. With your life!''

Huge auras, almost with the same power level as Cthulhu emerged from nearby. Cthulhu knew they won, '' Just give up, false God!''

Poseidon didn't know what give up meant. He forgot that word existed. So, he grabbed his Trident and prepared himself for the epic battle that would happen!

But, before that epic battle started, Poseidon proudly declared, '' This fight was a draw!'' Then he run to the portal and went to the Greek Realm, leaving a confused Cthulhu behind.

' Did he ... just run away?'

If Poseidon could hear that thought, he would correct it. He would've said ' I didn't run away, it was a strategic retreat!'

-----

Poseidon passed through the portal, and even though he easily killed a lot of Chaos Creatures, a huge number of them did pass through the portal and arrived at the Greek Realm. It was a scene out of a nightmare.

While they were still winning, Poseidon could see some corpses of mortals, demigods, and even some minor Gods lying around. He knew that this was their total end, with no chance of being reincarnated or reborn.

Offering a small prayer to the fallen, Poseidon hurried ahead. He didn't have much time, as his body was feeling the burden of having that many powers. As he didn't have the time to adapt once more, he was running out of time.

' I don't have many options at this moment... I can only hope this works. If it doesn't, everyone will be dead.'

Poseidon knew what he had to do, and who to ask. So, he went towards the presence he knew. The first stop was Kratos.

Poseidon could see he was fighting alongside Atreus, Angrboda, and Pandora. He was leading some mortals to protect an area. Freya was close too, but she was too occupied with leading another part of the army and the Valkyries.

Taking advantage of the fact he was here, Poseidon rapidly made use of his powers over the water to make his signature move. Spears made of water, thousands of them. He threw them after making sure he would not hit any ally.

BOOOM

Sure enough, 30 or so seconds later, everyone Chaos Creature in this area died or was so injured that others finished off.

' Hmmm, my powers really focus more on crowd control. Kratos is more on the one-on-one... Now that I think about it, in a fight of this magnitude, where there are thousands vs thousands, few Gods have the same game-changing powers as me.'

Ignoring that thought, Poseidon arrived close to Kratos. His face was melancholic.

Kratos immediately knew something was wrong, '' What happened?''

Poseidon smiled bitterly, '' Cthulhu, that bastard, brought some friends. I can't defeat them with the powers I have now.''

Kratos knew the new Poseidon very well, so he went straight to the point, '' What plan did you think to counter that?''

'' ... You know, in the last century or so, we almost didn't spend time together, but I always considered you my brother... even though you're my nephew. Anyway, I lost my memories and all that, but I want you to know that I, this new version of me, always had faith in you. Always.''

'' So, I want you to promise something.''

Kratos could see Poseidon's resolution. ' His whole demeanor looks like a person who accepted death... so it comes to that, huh.'

'' Say it. I'll do my best to uphold that promise.''

Poseidon was touched, '' Thank you. I want you to ensure Athena, Neptune, and Minerva's safety. I don't know what could happen when ... I'm gone. Things could easily get out of control, so I want them safe, regardless of what happens.''

While things were at peace now, with everyone joining hands to face Chaos, Poseidon didn't know if things would stay that way, IF, they win the war. So, he asked this favor.

'' Consider it done. Anything else?''

'' I want more of your powers. I know you gave all your Titans powers, but I need more. I need your God Of War powers.''

'' How much do you want?'' Kratos didn't mind giving all his powers to Poseidon, but that would leave him weak and there was a war to fight. So he would compromise with a large percentage. And, he would need this power to protect Athena, Minerva, and Neptune.

'' 20%.''

Kratos passed that amount of power instantly. Poseidon's eyes started to bleed, but he thanked Kratos. '' Thanks.''

He then looked at Atreus, '' Listen to your father, always. He knows what's best for you... sometimes.''

Atreus nodded. He knew from this conversation Poseidon didn't plan on returning.

Pandora also went close. She was already crying, '' Is there any other way?''

Poseidon shook his head. Pandora then rushed ahead and hugged Poseidon with all her might, '' I'll miss you.''

'' Me too. Me too.'' Poseidon patted her head. She let him go soon after.

Poseidon gave some encouraging words to Angrboda, then faced Kratos, '' This is it for me. I'm sorry for what you have been through in the earlier stages of your life, but you now have the rest of your immortality to have a beautiful and meaningful life. Please, be happy, you deserved it.''

Kratos knew he was about to lose another 'brother' so he was emotional. '' I'm sorry I couldn't do more.''

'' You did enough... Listen, if we win the fight after this, how about you build another realm? Make that your new home or something. Maybe talk to Yggdrasil, and make something akin to the Nine Realms.''

'' That... is an amazing idea.''

'' Of course it is, I had it...'' Poseidon offered his hand, '' If fate allows it, we will meet again.''

Kratos shook Poseidon's hand.

After that, Poseidon left. He would not stop close to Isis, Freya, Athena, or his children. He knew his conviction of doing what need to be done would waver if he meets them.

Arriving at Hephaestus forge, Poseidon had mixed emotions, ' I remember coming here with Athena right after I arrived in this universe. So much had changed since then.'

Zeus was alive at that time, Hermes betrayed his group, then Zeus also betrayed Hermes. Kratos left, all the Realms were destroyed and now, they were at a crossroads of life and death.

Taking a deep breath, Poseidon entered the Foger.

POOH

Looking down at his left hand, one of his fingers exploded from the pressure his body had right now. Poseidon thought it was normal, as he just received 20% of Kratos's God Of War power.

' I need to hurry.'

Locating Hepheatus right in the middle of the forge, Poseidon rushed to him, '' Hello, old friend.''

Hephatues stooped hammering and looked at Poseidon in shock, '' Poseidon!? What are you doing here? Should you be fighting Cthulhu?''

Poseidon smiled a little, '' Yes, but things changed. He brought friends and... I had to strategically retreat. By the way, I was winning the fight.''

'' I'm sure you were. But why are you here?''

'' ... After I leave here, I won't be coming back. I need a few favors.''

From Poseidon's tone, Hephaestus could see this was serious. He digested the information, '' So you'll die?''

Poseidon nodded, '' There's no other way.''

Hephaestus sighed, '' Say what you need.''

'' Give me some more of your powers. And take care of my family.''

'' No problem.'' Hephaestus passed more powers to Poseidon. In the end, he was emotional, '' It was an honor to have you as a family and friend.''

'' I can safely say I'm proud to have lived alongside you.'' Poseidon hugged Hephaestus, '' Take care of the others for me. If trouble arises, talk to Kratos. He will help you.''

'' Will do.''

Poseidon was leaving, but he remembered something and turned to Hephaetus, '' Don't forget to use the Flame of Olympus. When we win, the Greek Realm could potentially be infected with Evil or something like that once more. Make sure to don't let that happen.'

Hephaestus nodded, '' Leave it to me!''

Poseidon himself only had a small portion of the Flame of Olympus. He wanted to use it to deal huge damage to Cthulhu, but that plan went out of the window. He still carried that small part with him though.

After leaving the forge, Poseidon visited other Gods. He said goodbye to some, grabbed a part of their powers, and left. He did it so much that his right arm exploded because of how much power he now had. Not to mention the huge amount of blood he was losing from every orifice of his body.

Almost fainting because of his body breaking apart, Poseidon finally arrived at the portal after gathering the power necessary to end the war once and for all. He looked back one last time at the Greek Realm. While the scenery wasn't that beautiful, thanks to the huge number of corpses around and blood spilled, he still found it cozy, ' This was my home... Goodbye, Neptune, Minerva, and Athena... I'll miss all of you.'

Saying that, the one-armed Poseidon entered the portal, to fight his last battle.

12