78 – War (7)
213 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the Chaos portal, Poseidon was at ease. He knew that what he was about to do was the only thing that would keep everyone he loved alive, and he was at peace with that.

His life flashed before his eyes, John's and Poseidon's. He could tell it was both good lives, 'I did have a dream life. A beautiful wife, perfect children, and a great group of friends. And that's why I'm not afraid.'

Nobody wants to die, especially Gods, who, unless something extraordinary happens, like an invasion of Chaos or a mad Kratos, usually live forever. Poseidon also wanted to live, but fate did not give him this choice.

' ... Oh well. Shit happens.'

This time Poseidon did not have a backup plan. He straight would fight to the death in this place.

Looking down at where his arm right arm was supposed to be, Poseidon sighed, ' I knew taking more powers would take a toll on my body, but to lose an arm is ridiculous!' He tried to regrow it, but for some reason, he was unable to do so.

Poseidon checked his weapons too, ' My trident, shield, my emergency jug, a small part of the Flame of Olympus and ... this.'

Taking out the seed Yggdrasil gave him, Poseidon had no idea what it does, ' I should've talked to her more about this, but beggars can't choose. If it's from Yggdrasil, it's good stuff.'

Putting it back where it was, Poseidon closed his eyes, ' Let's do this!'

When he opened his eyes again, Poseiodn was in Chaos. He could see an even larger amount of creatures was gathered and they were entering the portal to the Greek Realm in droves. At a distance, Cthulhu was waiting, and beside him were 2 more creatures.

Poseidon didn't recognize any of them. ' I don't recall them from my time as John. It means they were not that important to mention or I simply forgot about them.'

Regardless, Cthulhu noted Poseidon arriving at Chaos. He was surprised to see his state, '' What happened to you, false God?''

Poseidon looked down. His apprentice was pathetic. His clothes were covered in blood, his right arm was missing, and he was slightly out of breath. '' This... I feel some stairs on the way here.''

Cthulhu at this point was somehow accustomed to Poseidon's antics. They only fought 3 times for about 20 minutes and spoke even less, but he somehow felt he knew Poseidon's personality, '' I see. So, did you come here to die? You fleed just a couple of minutes ago, why did you come back so soon?'

'' It was a strategic retreat!'' Poseidon shouted and pointed his finger at Cthulhu. He calmed down soon after that, '' You see, for the beginning we knew our chances of winning were close to 0. We came with thousand of plans, but all of them fell short in front of Chaos' overwhelming power.''

Cthulhu was pleased hearing that, '' Chaos is invincible!''

Poseidon nodded, '' Probably. But you weren't. I proved that by taking some of your arms.''

'' Fair point. But you must know at this point that you can't win against me and the other 2 here.'' Cthulhu was really curious about why Poseidon returned, ' He wants to die alone?'

'' You see, that was real the last time I was here. I could beat you, but I clearly could not do the same with others at your power level. And that forced my hand, to do something drastic.''

Cthulhu slowly but surely felt Poseidon's actual power. He was startled by how much it was, '' HOW!?''

Poseidon was smiling, '' Initially, to fight you, I gathered some Gods and made them transfer their powers to me. I could beat you 1x1 at that point, but could not fight more people. So, I returned to my realm and gathered more powers.'' He raised his Trident at Cthulhu and the other two, '' This is the end. Today is the day you die!''

Before he attacked though, Poseidon could feel his body breaking apart from the inside. He almost lost consciousness, ' So even though Chaos makes me strong, it can't handle this amount of power... I have to end this quickly before my body crumbles.'

At this point, Cthulhu knew the Poseidon of now could kill him, so he was going to fight seriously. Even the two other unnamed elder ones were afraid of Poseidon's powers.

Nothing saying anything, Poseidon attacked. He aimed for one of the two Elder Ones, the one who was the weakest, ' Always aim at the weakest link in a group fight. Chances are you deal with him quickly and make the rest easier.'

Swing his trident at the head of the Elder One, Poseidon could see from the corner of his eyes Cthulhu preparing an attack in his direction, ' So he doesn't mind killing one of his own to deal with me.'

Regardless, Poseidon wasn't afraid of this type of attack now. It really could not damage him now. But he was taking damage internally, so he was already injured.

SLASH

At the same time that Poseidon's attack hit and cut down the weaker elder one, Cthulhu's attack hit both.

BOOMMMM

After the explosion cleared, Poseidon was still standing while the elder one was nowhere to be seen.

The one-armed Poseidon seems unfazed. He glared at the other Elder one, '' You're next.''

Feeling extreme fear, the Elder one tried to run, but it was too late. This Poseidon was stronger than anyone they ever faced before, and they didn't stand a chance.

It was like an adult and a child fight. There was no comparison.

SLASH

Killing the fleeing Elder One, Poseidon raised his arm in Cthulhu's direction, '' Your turn.''

Before Poseidon could attack, he stopped abruptly.

COUGH COUGH

Poseidon coughed a shitton of blood. His vision blurred considerably and he almost collapse, ' God damn it! Not now.'

Cthulhu noted what happened and didn't lose the opportunity. With his immense body, he attacked Poseidon with everything he had. At this point, he knew he couldn't run and tried his best to kill the False God in front of him.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Every attack caused an explosion, and while it looked scary, what was happening inside Poseidon's body was the thing damaging him the most.

BOOM BOOM CLASH

Cthulhu's last attack was met with resistance. Poseidon finally recovered and defended. He was running out of time, so he attacked Cthulhu with everything he had.

Proving his title as the leader of Chaos wasn't for nothing, Cthulhu put up a fight. He knew by the state of Poseidon's body he just need to stale for time, and the False God would die.

But, he wasn't strong enough to borrow that much time.

BOOM

Poseidon's attack hit Cthulhu, right in the middle of his body. It left a gushing wound, and one could see one of his many hearts.

Before Cthulhu could react, Poseidon stabbed it.

COUGH

Cthulhu was fatally injured. It was a matter of fact he would die, and Poseidon wanted to speed up that process.

STAB STAB STAB

Poseidon repeatedly stabbed Cthulhu all over his body, always aiming at vital parts for efficiency.

And sure enough, after stabbing Cthulhu a hundred times, the leader of Chaos could no longer fight back. At that point, Poseidon put some distance between them.

Poseidon and Cthulhu stared at each other for what felt like an eternity.

One was trembling like craze, thanks to his body being damaged at a high speed, while the other was going to die in a few seconds.

Cthulhu laughed in his last breath, '' Do you think you can stop your realm from being destroyed? Even though I'm gone, another one of my kind will take the throne. They will target your universe with everything we have!''

Poseidon stopped. He slowly raised his trident, '' Thanks for reminding me.'' He slashed down at Cthulhu.

SWING

And that was the end of the actual leader of Chaos, Cthulhu. He met his end at the hand of the most powerful God of this particular universe.

After killing Cthulhu, Poseidon knelt on the ground. This fight with those 3 Elder Ones speeds up the process of his body falling apart. He came to a realization, ' Even though I won, I will die the moment I pass through the portal. I will also die in a few minutes if I stay here...'

Looking at the infinite numbers of Chaos creatures still passing through the portal, Poseidon knew what he had to do, ' Come on body, move one last time!'

Slowly going to the area of the portal, and ignoring the mindless Chaos creatures who also didn't care about him, Poseidon arrived at the edge of the portal. He could feel his home, he just need to pass through it.

But Poseidon knew he could not do it. Slowly, he raised his arm towards the portal, ' Athena ... I love you.'

He swung down his arm and it closed the portal for good. Not even Cthulhu could've opened it at his full power.

But the cost of that was high. Poseidon, now surrounded by millions of mindless Chaos troops, who were running around after losing their target, felt his life going away.

' So this is it, huh... Let's go out with a BANG!' Gathering all his remaining willpower, Poseidon used his powers to explode himself. '' AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.''

BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The blast killed millions of troops around the area and even more around Chaos. It wasn't enough to destroy Chaos entirely, but it ended the war.

And that was the end of Poseidon or John. He died protecting his home and making sure Chaos never attacked them again.

No one could've noted at the time of the explosion, but the seed Yggdrasil gave Poseidon shined for a moment.

 


I tried really hard to write a proper figth, but I know what I can do with what I have and this was the best I could come with. It could've been better? Absolutely, but , again, this was the best I could come with.

 

One more chapter to end!

 

Thanks for the support!

11