Chapter 8: A Chat
503 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering my hotel room I locked the door behind me.

I then moved over to the bed and lied down face first, allowing my body to relax.

Once a few minutes passed and I felt some of the tension leave my muscles I sat up. I then moved over to my luggage and took out some pajamas before hopping in the shower.

After a 26 hour shuttle ride from Granada all the way her to Side 6 I needed it.

Once I was sure I was clean and didn't smell a barn house I dressed in my pajamas and then moved to the room phone to order some food.

After I did this I took out my laptop.

I based the design for them on the MacBook Pro.

Booting it up I started organizing several files and looking over details for future projects and plans.

I didn't stop until I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

Closing my laptop I moved over and looked through the peephole to see my food had arrived.

Unlocking the door I collected it, while also giving the staffer a generous tip of 200$.

Being rich sure has its perks.

Locking the door behind me once again I went to enjoy my meal of Alfredo Pasta.

Then once I was done I grabbed my laptop once more and placed a video call to Miorine.

A few moments passed before the link was established.

Once it was I saw her smiling face appear on my screen.

"Hi Slaine." She said.

"Hello Mio Mio." I said. Using the nickname I stole that was given to her originally in the G-Witch series.

"Hey, how many times to I have to ask you not to call me by that nickname?" Miorine questioned. "It's not cool at all."

"Yet you smile every time I call you by it, so what does that say about you?" I retorted.

Miorine started giving me the stink eye but I simply ignored her.

The two of us then shared a brief laugh.

"So anyway Mio, the reason I'm calling right now is that the results of our newtype testing came in." I said.

"Really?" She questioned.

I nodded. "Yes. My ranking is B, and Flanagan told me your ranking is S. The highest on the scale." I explained.

"Eh?" Miorine said. A dumbfounded look on her face.

I can't blame her. Especially since I just told her she has the potential to become one of the most powerful newtypes.

"Slaine, you aren't messing with me right? This isn't some of joke?" Miorine questioned.

I shook my head. "It's no joke Mio." I told her. "I wouldn't lie about something like this."

"I see. Thank you for telling me then." Miorine said.

She then leaned back in her chair and got a glazed look on her face. Definitely working to process the information I just revealed to her.

While this happened Miorine didn't even realize the left strap of tank top was slipping from her shoulder and moving down her arm. Beginning to reveal her still developing chest.

Seeing this I acted.

"Mio, you're shirt is slipping off!" I shouted.

As soon as I did so the glaze look on Miorine's face disappeared. She then quickly readjusted her clothing and got a small blush on her face. Giving me the stink eye look again.

"Did you see?" She asked.

"Nope, I saw nothing." I said.

But I'm lying.

I saw a tiny bit. But due to my mental age I know better than to say that out loud.

Also due to the fact I am going through puberty again, what happened just not is making my body a bit excited.

'Yep, a second puberty is going to suck.' I thought.

Miorine continued eyeing me for several seconds after I gave her my answer.

But eventually she stopped doing so.

Her small blush also receded.

"Right, so now that that's out of the way, how do you want to handle your newtype rating?" I asked. "Do you think maybe you would want to attend the institute and develop your powers?"

"I don't know." Miorine answered.

"That's fine." I said. "Well if you want to discuss it any more you can call me anytime." I told her.

"Thanks Slaine, I really appreciate it." Miorine said. She then flashed me a smile, which I returned.

The two of us then talked for several more minutes about various things before we ended the video call.

Once we did so I did a bit more work on my laptop before putting it away.

Then I jumped onto the bed and turned on the television.

Since I have this big hotel room all to myself there's no way I'm not going to enjoy it.

As I started to truly relax the image of Miorine's partially exposed breast kept coming to the forefront of my mind.

"No, no, no!" I said, shaking my head.

She is my best friend. I should not be thinking about her in that manner.

I did my best to push those thoughts out of my head.

Once again cursing having to go through puberty again.


Miorine POV:

Lying in bed I hugged a pillow to my chest, thinking about what Slaine had told me just now.

That I am a newtype.

A person who has the potential to have and develop psychic powers from the way Slaine explained it to me when I first asked him what a newtype was.

I wanted to know since he decided to fund the research of a man who wanted to investigate newtypes, an Anton Flangan.

When Slaine first told me this I was quite shocked.

Then again I guess anything Slaine does shouldn't surprise me anymore.

He's on a completely different level after all.

Not only has he founded his own company, but he's also invented revolutionary devices that have changed the daily lives of people all over the Earth Sphere.

And I know he's going to keep doing more and more in the future.

"Ha, he's truly amazing." I said, putting a smile on my face.

I'm truly happy to be friends with him.

He's so nice, and smart, and cute.

'Wait, cute!' I thought.

I then started shaking my head.

Why did I just think Slaine is cute?

Well that's not to say he's ugly. Actually he's handsome and getting more so every year that passes.

His ash-white hair and cool blue eyes that sparkle like sapphires. I get lost in them sometimes.

No wait, why am I thinking like this.

Placing my face into my pillow I screamed into it.

Doing my best to ignore the heat coming to my face as I thought about how handsome Slaine is becoming.

"Focus on something else, anything else." I told myself.

Because thinking about Slaine in such a manner is just...well it's better not to think about him that way.

Yes, it's for the best.

Instead of focusing on Slaine I decided to think about the information he shared with me once more.

That I have the potential to be a powerful newtype.

As I focused my mind on this I started to think about what I wanted to do in the future.

But one thing is for sure.

I want to to be my Slaine's side. 

Because when I'm around him everything is much better.


A/N: I decided to make a sort of fluff chapter. Starting the burgeoning romance between Slaine and Miorine. Given that they are teenagers and that sort of thing happens. I am not trying to rush the romance.

I hope I wrote it well enough.

22