Chapter 7: Stunning Revelation
1k 10 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Open Space, L4, UC 0073, May 4th

Slaine POV:

As the shuttle I was in continued towards its destination I looked out the window, my gaze focused on the stars as well as the colonies in the distance.

No matter how many times I see this sight it never gets old.

It's one of the reasons I truly love living in the Universal Century.

Moving on.

Four years have passed.

Currently I am 13 years old.

(A/N: Since his birthday is October 13th he's only 13 at the moment, not fourteen)

Just as I predicted, Alchemax Corporation has taken off.

The smarphone and 3-D printer my company creates are selling like hotcakes all across the Earth Sphere from the lunar cities, to the space colonies, to even Earth.

Thanks to this we raking in the cash like its nobodies business. We're well on our way to become a Fortune 500 company.

Which will happen in another year or so I'm sure.

Especially since at the beginning of the year I unveiled two new innovations.

The first was the laptop.

While the second was Youtube. But I call it Maxtube, since my company owns the platform and all rights and royalties associated with it.

On another note I've been hearing through various sources that the release of my inventions is having the intended effect of kickstarting a Universal Century technological/industrial revolution.

Even Anaheim Electronics is picking things up.

Well that's fine by me.

Having one company dominate the market is not good. I'm not the best at economies, but even I know that much.

Competition breeds new ideas. So I say bring it on.

But my company won't lose.

Especially with all the hiring and recruiting we've done.

All while managing to keep my identity hidden from the public.

But its not like I like it. I just want to wait until I get a bit older before making a public appearance. Because again, if the wrong people learn about me before I am able to readily defend myself then I'm screwed.

So the charade will continue until I see fit.

I continued looking through the window for another 20 minutes until finally we were told to fasten our seatbelts since we reached our destination.

So I did exactly that.

Then in no time at all the shuttle I was on was docked and I left to go and retrieve my luggage.

Once I did so I exited the shuttle port and saw my ride waiting for me.

A jeep, being driven by a man.

The man being Anton Flanagan.

Using my various connections I managed to finally track the man down a year ago. Then once I did I arranged a meeting so I could discuss funding his research and making the Flanagan Institute a reality.

I certainly wasn't going to allow Zeon and the Zabi's to get their hands on this man. Perverting his work to suit their failing war machine in the future.

I mean sure, I'm using the man's work for my own ends as well. But unlike the most of the Zabi's I have healthy moral compass. I will never force any Newtypes who attend the Flanagan Institute to fight for the independence war I will start in the future.

If after they have control of their newtype abilities and want to lead civilian lives I'm fine with that.

And really that's the reason I decided to back Flanagan and fund his institute and research.

Well that, and the fact that once I discover and retrieve Laplace's Box I will have hard evidence and data proving the existence of newtypes, giving credence to Article 15 of the original and true Federation charter.

Which will then fuck over the Federation big time once it comes into the light.

And let me tell you, I can't wait for that day.

It will be glorious I tell you. Glorious!

But for now I'll just focus on getting Flanagan and his research legitimately recognized.

Walking over to the jeep I placed my luggage inside and then climbed into the passenger seat.

"Dr. Flangan, nice to see you again." I told him.

"You as well young Slaine." Anton said.

He then started driving us towards the institute.

Which is located at Side 6, Riah, inside of the Baldur Bay colony.

The reason I chose Side 6 to house the Flanagan Institute is so it can remain relatively untouched by the coming OYW. Because Riah declared neutrality they didn't get hit as hard by Zeon as the other Sides did. Thus making it the perfect place for Flanagan to conduct his research in peace.

Wait, now that I am thinking about it Zeon established the Flanagan Institute in the same way I have done.

Eh, whatever.

After 30 minutes of driving Flanagan and I pulled up to a series of buildings, the Flanagan Institute.

As soon as we did this several children of varying ages ran out of the front doors of the building closest to us.

Then as soon as Flanagan came around to my side of the vehicle they swarmed him. But the man just smiled gently at them.

This in turn made me smile.

The kids hugging Flanagan at the moment are all students of the Institute.

Most of whom are orphans.

After making a deal with Flanagan to fund his research I used my connections and began searching the Sides and lunar cities for newtype's. Those who have awakened to their abilities and those that haven't.

I found a mix of both.

Then once I did I brought them here.

Again, most of them are children. Orphans who lived in horrible conditions before we retrieved them.

Just hearing about some of their conditions made my blood boil with anger.

These are children we are talking about!

This is supposed to the future where all people get basic decency and living space. But that's not the case.

Not by a longshot.

This is the reason that after the children are bought to the Institute they are given strict evaluations of both the mental & physical variety to determine if they need any sort of help or special attention.

The Institute is staffed with several trauma councilors, decent cooks, as well a contingent of security to make sure nothing bad happens to the place.

I've spared no expense, and I don't intend to stop doing so in the future.

Eventually the kids stopped hugging Flanagan and once they did so a teacher came out and directed them to a different location.

"Nice kids. They really like you." I said.

"Yes." Anton simply said.

"So, let's get down to business." I said.

Anton nodded.

As soon as he did so we headed into the building in front of us and eventually arrived at his office on the third floor.

Entering the room I noticed papers scattered all over the floor but chose to ignore them.

Since I've been working with Flanagan for this past year I know his office isn't just a mess because he's lazy or a slob. No, there is an order to chaos. 

I don't understand it but Flanagan does and that's good enough for me.

Taking a seat Flanagan did the same.

After he did so he pulled out a file from a stacked pile on the right of him and opened it.

"So Slaine I have your tests results right here, and I am proud to say you are a newtype." Flanagan said.

As he did so I smile. While I jumped for joy and shouted at the top of my lungs on the inside.

The moment Flanagan got his institute up and running I asked him to test me to if I was a newtype, and he just confirmed it.

This is great.

It means in the future I can install psycommu in a mobile suit and be able to control bits and funnels.

It's not Gundam without bits and funnels.

Just thinking about using those things in the future is making me even more excited.

"Thank you for the news Dr. Flanagan." I said.

"You're welcome. It's the least I can do for repaying you for funding my research when everyone else just laughed or slammed the door in the my face the moment I mentioned my theories." Anton explained.

Which he has done many times before.

I think this is one of the main reasons he developed a bit of an amoral personality in the future and went to work for Zeon and the Zabi's even after all the atrocities they committed.

Well that's not going to happen now.

I'll make sure of it.

"Once again Dr. Flanagan it's not trouble at all." I said. "So, what rating am I on the Newtype scale?"

The Newtype scale is a rating system Flanagan created to rate a newtypes abilities. The rankings go as follows: D,C,B,A and S. D being the lowest newtype ranking, and S being the highest ranking, along the lines of someone like Amuro Ray.

"You got a rating of B." Flanagan told me.

'Oh, not too bad at all.' I thought.

"Thanks for letting me now." I said.

"Again, it's not problem." Anton said. "Now then, let me tell you the results of your friend Ms. Rembran." She said.

Miorine also took the tests too see if she was a Newtype after Flanagan got the Institute fully up and running.

Though it did take sometime to convince her parents to allow her to do so.

Delling and Fianna at first thought I was crazy when they heard I was Flanagan and his research. But after seeing the results with their own eyes they started singing a different tune.

Sometimes people just need physical proof before they start to believe in something.

"From the results we've determined your friend is a Newtype as well." Flanagan told me.

'Oh, good for you Miorine.' I thought.

"Not only that but young Ms. Rembran has a rating of S on the Newtype scale." Anton told me.

"Good. Wait....What???"

Miorine has the potential of an S-class Newtype.

I'm glad I'm sitting down, because otherwise I would've passed out from what I heard just now.

The moment I leave her I need to call her.

We need to have a long chat.

A really long chat.


A/N: Yes my MC is a newtype.

It's the Universal Century after all. And I love newtypes, so there was no way I wasn't making my MC one.

As to why he's rated lower than Miorine, it's just I didn't want to make him OP in the beginning.

20