Chapter 10: A Birthday Suprise
617 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side 6 Riah, Baldur Bay Colony, UC 0074, October 8th:

Slaine POV:

Sitting in one of the many cafeteria's of the Flanagan Institute I ate my lunch.

This past year and a half has come and gone in the blink of an eye.

It feels like just yesterday I arrived here and started working on developing my newtype powers. Now all that is about to come to an end.

Because once January arrives I will leave the Institute and head for Side 1 Zahn. Specifically the colony Londenion. Where I will be attending Patton Military Academy, one of the Earth Federation Forces numerous military academies that churns out officers for every branch of the military.

But I have already decided to become an officer in the Space Force.

I got my acceptance letter back in September.

Now all that's left to do is sit and wait until it is time.

As I thought about the new chapter of my life that is going to begin less than three months I felt a hand on my back.

But I didn't get scared, since I know exactly who is touching me right now.

"Slaine, are you ok?"

"Yep, just thinking is all Mio." I said to Miorine.

Who then sat down on the left side of me, her own lunch tray in hand.

During this past year and half it is not only me who has made great strides in developing my newtype abilities, but Miorine as well.

Also Dr. Flanagan got it right in Miorine's assessment, she is currently one of the most powerful newtype's attending the Institute.

Miorine cannot only preform psychokinesis, moving objects using only her mind, but she also has the gift of psychometry, which means by touching an object used by another person she can look into its past and gain memories and experiences from it. However she can only look up to an hour into the past of an object.

Still, her abilities are no joke.

But I haven't been slouching either.

My newtype strengths lie in the categories of precognition, heightened spatial awareness, and sensing emotions, basically making me an empath. 

That's how I knew it was Miorine who was touching my back earlier. I've come to learn through my training here that each person has a sort of emotional fingerprint and by using my powers I can distinguish between them.

So yeah, I don't think I'm doing to bad.

Not at all.

Looking at me Miorine gave me a soft smile.

But before she could say anything two other people sat down at the table on the opposite side from us.

They are our friends.

One of them is a boy my age with light brown hair and blue eyes.

His name is Kewell Soresi.

Who looks exactly like his counterpart from the Code Geass anime in my last life.

But here in Gundam he's not a blood-purist. He is a spacenoid though and comes from a very wealthy background.

His family owns and operates Soresi Heavy Industries. One first of the first and oldest companies to work in the business of constructing the space colonies. Which they still do today.

But I am not friends with Kewell simply because of his family background. I actually like him as a person, and we are friends. So even in the future when I try to establish business relations with his families company and if for some reason it doesn't work out then I won't abandon him.

Since that's not the kind of person I am.

Now then as for the other individual, is is a girl.

She has shoulder-length dark green hair and matching eyes.

This girl is also a newtype that made her appearance during the Zeta Era.

Her name is Mouar Pharaoh.

In the OTL she was a member of the Titans and also that total tool Jerid Messa's girlfriend.

But now I don't think that's going to be happening.

Since she has been with the Institute since Dr. Flanagan started it up a couple of years ago.

The show never really went into her background too deep but because she was a member of the Titans I always assumed she was born on Earth. But it turns out Moaur was born in the lunar city Von Braun.

Who knew?

I sure didn't.

Taking her fork Moaur pointed it at Miorine and I. "So, what were you two just talking about. Meeting up to have a secret rendezvous to get all hot and steamy?" She asked, a smirk on her face.

"Shut up Moaur." Miorine said, glaring at her.

But Moaur's smirk simply grew wider because of Miorine's reaction.

Our green haired friend enjoys getting a rise out of people after all. She's quite the teaser and she loves nothing better than teasing Miorine and I about our relationship.

Even though we are nothing more than just friends.

I mean sure Miorine is becoming more beautiful by the day, I  enjoy seeing her happy and smiling, and I may or may not have had a wet dream involving her, if asked I will take that secret to my grave, but we are nothing more than friends.

"Moaur, please stop." Kewell spoke up. "If these two refuse to acknowledge their feelings for each other even though they obviously have them there is nothing we can do about it. No matter how irritating it might be watching them dance around the matter." He spoke. Taking another bite of his food after he did so.

Hearing the usually serious Kewell say this I am left speechless, and I also feel my face getting a bit red.

Meanwhile Miorine's entire face is as red as a fire-truck.

"Looks like Kewell hit the nail on the head." Moaur said. She then leaned in and whispered. "Hey Miorine, if you want to bring Slaine back to the room tonight for a little adult fun just let me know and I'll make myself scarce." She said.

Since Moaur and Miorine are roommates.

Also they are best friends. Despite how they are acting with each other right now.

Hearing Moaur's suggestive comment my face heated up even more, and my mind started picturing Miorine's naked body.

As soon as it did so I slapped myself in the head a couple of times.

'No brain, bad. Stop those thoughts right now!' I thought. If it doesn't I won't be able to stand up for at least five minutes.

As I worked to clear my head and avoid standing at full mast, Miorine attempted to strangle Moaur for her comment.

While our green-haired friend just laughed at our expense.

'Ah, I will am going to miss this.' I thought.

After a few minutes we all calmed down.

Once we did so Moaur spoke up again. "So now that we've had some fun lets talk about something important. Like what we're doing for Slaine's birthday." She said.

"We should have a party." Kewell said.

"I second that." Moaur spoke up.

"Am thanks guys, but I'm good." I said.

"No, no, no we're having a party." Moaur retorted. "Besides this will also double as your send-off party. Since a little birdie told me you got accepted to Patton Military Academy and will be leaving the Institute at the beginning of next year."

Turning my gaze to Miorine I gave her a flat look since she is the only one I told about getting accepted to the military academy so far. But she pretended my gaze wasn't on her and simply ate her food.

So I continued staring at her until finally she cracked.

"Ok, I'm sorry Slaine. Just please stop giving me that look." Miorine said.

"All you had to do was ask." I said, putting a smirk on my face. Once I did so I stopped staring at Miorine. "So yeah, a party sounds good." I said.

Since I know they will throw one no matter what I say.

So why struggle when I just go along with it.

Party, here I come.


Miorine POV:

Entering our dorm room Mouar and I went to our respective beds and both sat on them.

Training is exhausting. Even after all this time.

But it's well worth it.

Kicking off my shoes I then followed it up by pulling off my stockings.

But as I did so I noticed Mouar looking at me with her trademark smirk on her face.

Even though she is my first female friend and my second friend besides Slaine, sometimes I just want to punch her lights out.

"What?" I questioned. Knowing full well the answer she is about to give is going to piss me off.

But she's going to say it whether I want her to or not, so I'd rather ask than have her blurt it out randomly to get a rise out of me.

Like when I'm drying off from a shower.

I almost slipped and fell the last time, and I do not want a repeat.

"Oh nothing, just that you've got great legs Mio." She said. Using my nickname. Since she's one of the only people I allow to do so.

"Yes, and?" I questioned, giving her a pointed look. Since I know there's more to her comment.

"And I bet if Slaine saw you right now taking off your stockings he would ravish those legs without fail." Mouar said.

"Enough." I said. "Didn't you get your fill of teasing me at lunch?" I questioned.

"Nope." Mouar said. She then put a serious expression on her face. "But seriously Mio, when are you going to tell Slaine you like him as more than a friend? You're running out of time." She said.

"Dammit I know that it's just..." Clenching my bedsheets I released a sigh from my mouth.

"Just what?" Mouar questioned. "Don't tell me its because you think he doesn't feel the same way about you, because we both know that's not true. Slaine is so head over heels for you its not even funny."

"Yeah." I agreed. A smile forming on my face. "And I feel the same way about him, it's just. I don't know how to express it." I admitted.

I've always been a blunt person. Slaine says that's one of my strength. But even I know that bluntness will ruin certain situations. Like when confessing your feelings. That's why I haven't told Slaine how I felt yet.

Since I don't want to come on too strong.

I explained this all to Mouar.

Once I did so she walked over to me and then flicked me square in the forehead.

"Ow!" I said. "Mouar, what was that for?"

"For being an idiot." She told me. "I don't Slaine would mine if you get a little aggressive. In fact I know the perfect way fro you to convey your feelings." Mouar said.

She then leaned in and stared whispering in my ear.

As she did so my entire body started heating up.

But I can't say I hate her plan.

In fact I love it.

So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I just hope Slaine doesn't think I'm coming on too strong.


UC 0074, October 13th:

Slaine POV:

A smile on my face I headed back to my dorm room.

Since my birthday/farewell party just came to an end.

I'll admit it was better than I thought.

I laughed, I cried, I played games, and best of all everyone who was there enjoyed themselves as well.

Except for Miorine.

The entire time I sensed worry and anxiety from her, but every time I tried to talk to her she avoided me, and then towards the end of the party she disappeared.

'Did I do something to upset her?' I thought.

Well if I did I'll just apologize tomorrow.

Reaching my room I entered it and then locked it behind me.

Since unlike others since I fund the school I get my own personal room like the staff.

Money really does have its perks.

Heading into my bedroom I started removing my clothes, until I sensed someone behind me.

I began moving towards them, only for said person to grab me from behind and wrap their arms around my waist.

After they did so I felt something soft pressing into my back.

I also sensed a familiar emotional signature.

"Mio?" I questioned.

"Yes." She said in a low voice.

Turning around I saw why.

Miorine is completely naked at the moment.

"Am Mio, this is what I think it is right?" I questioned.

Getting a blush on her face she nodded and then walked to me and gently pushed me onto the bed.

 Miorine then slowly moved upward and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

Once which I reciprocated.

Soon she broke the kiss.

"So, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked point blank.

"Yes." Miorine said. "Also your birthday present is me. So please enjoy." She said. Getting a bashful look on her face.

Seeing this I decided to follow her instructions.

I don't want to be rude.

Time to devour this tasty treat in front of me.


A/N: Yeah, couple time. Also a risque scene next chapter.

Here are the characters ages for clarification.

Slaine Troyard: 15 years old.

Miorine Rembran: 14 years old.

Kewell Soresi (Code Geass): 15 years old

Mouar Pharaoh: 15 years old 

19