Ch. 1
961 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even if I said I should get going, my body would not move at all.

I think I'm in a state of assimilation of two lives together as in my last life, I'm pretty much just a normal person and a bit of a nerd with gaming, light novel, manga, and stuff.

I work as a baker and a barista at a small local cafe, the most struggling period of that life is a couple of years in the army and it sucks...

Listening to those wankers after graduating from a trade school is a bloody mistake.

Well, not like I have a choice at the time as the economy in my previous world is bad.

Anyways, there’s a breakup and stuff too, but overall life is good.

While, as Valen, I'm a free spirit who bounces around from place to place without much worry as I can get along with anyone and overcome the struggle I come across.

It makes sense as I think the ROB I met still gives me the luck of Campione even before I slay my first god.

It's a true smooth-to-be-true, level of luck.

How did I manage to get into Europe in the first place?

Answer: Lotto, see? Campione's luck is at play right there.

Also, I have an outgoing personality like Rokuhara Ren also helps a lot in getting along with all the people I’ve met during my journey.

And the fact that I can get into culinary school in Spain in the first place is—Because I run into Azazel who at first thought I was a Nephilim who was abandoned to fend off for themselves.

So he offers me some leeway to get on with my life even without joining the Grigori so I accept his help without hesitation.

I mean who would refuse a free meal?

And about my parent…

Yeah…

They pass away when I was five...

According to Grandma who confess when I was in middle school.

They seem to die in a plane crash...

Anyways enough of the depressing stuff.

Are the heretic gods gonna start to pop up now?

I mean…I got my memory back now, so I think bad things about to happen for sure...I can see the pattern.

Is Imperius I slay a heretic god or an archangel?

Am I even a Campione?

But according to Rossweisse and Lavinia, they did say that my magic resistance is very potent to the point that normal spells did not affect me at all.

" ...Do sacred gear be able to heal me properly? "

I mean Campione's physiology…

Our bodies do not get along well with magic, from what I remember in the novel the only way to heal is through direct contact inside the body or a good old French kiss.

I don't mind having Asia-chan do it, to be honest∼.

Anyway, enough about those thoughts.

" Mmm...Does Asia-chan still getting banished from the church I wonder? This is like 3 months before that happened...or is she already exiled? Do I need to call Grandpa Strada?"

Nah...probably nothing to worry about if things are really bad, I would have got a call from them already.

Then I look at the large bookcase in my room and sigh.

" ...Damn, if I only have the novel. not even slash-dog was spared well, it's still DxD nonetheless."

Talk about the slash-dog, Yesterday I just met the rest of the team for the first time.

After exiting Haneda airport I found Lavinia and the slash dog team waiting to receive me at Azazel's request.

So after that, we head to the black dog bar in the city and get wasted, and just like in my last life I was overconfident in my limits plus I'm not a normal human, so I fall prey to Kouki's provoke.

I still manage to catch the last train to Kuoh while being wasted and finally pass out in the park.

Guess, I’ll message Lavinia as well that I’m still alive.

*Ting*

[Reni-chan: Va-kun...I'll freeze you for real if you do that again!]

What did I do?

Let sent her an apology message and fiddle with my note for now.

(Sigh)...Well, For now, Let's see the note...if I miss anything or not. As to be fair, the last time I read DxD was 20 years ago..."

20 flicking years...I really got scammed.

" It is what it is well, Kokakola is gonna be my problem for sure… Oh, for god sake uncle I’ve to clean up after you again aren’t I? Also, this timeline is probably the anime one…"

Why? Because Mittelt exists as she accompanied Azazel during his stay in Europe years ago.

She is also pretty cute and has a nice personality too.

As for Riser's arc...

" I mean I read enough fanfic to know that Serafall will definitely come to ask me to help Rias on Sirzech's behalf, for sure, well, that's the problem for future me, for now, hmm..."

I continue to think out loud as I edit my note because it helps me concentrate better.

" Hmm…first priority right now is probably try to kidnap Valerie. But how do I bullshit my dearest uncle to help me with that? Well, whatever I still have time. So another problem for the future me."

About the minor thread, I did run into a Stray exorcist and devils back in Europe too and so far I can kill them without using my real power.

Praise be to the high-spec body or I'm just lucky enough to not run into a high-class upward enemy, Probably both, eh?

After noting down all the necessary stuff, I grab all the work-related documents and get ready for a walk to the infamous Kuoh Academy.

At the entrance, I put on my sneaker and jacket as it's still February not that I feel cold, but mah fashion!

Time to set off∼.
.
.

Finally, I reach the gate of Kuoh Academy, it takes around 20 minutes to walk from my house good for burning excess energy in my body.

If this was my last life I would take a bike instead as fuck that, I ain’t walking in cold weather.

Hmm...Sona and Rias should still be 2nd-year students until next month, right?

If I remember the Japanese format correctly.

At first, I did ask the guard where is the principal office, but they send me to the student council for some reason...

Sona is truly a workaholic huh?

Oh, well...Is the devil even have a labor union?

Probably not, they still not advance from feudalism.

The peerage system is more of a serfdom, to be honest... not gonna go too deep into that for now.

*knock knock*

" Please come in."

After I knocked on the door a stern voice of a girl answered.

Inside the student council, lies two girls in Kuoh Academy uniform.

The one who sits at the desk is Sona Sitri with Shinra Tsubaki standing behind her.

Sona is a bespectacled young woman with a slim figure, black hair styled in a short bob cut, and violet eyes.

And Her body measurements are [B77-W57-H83 cm] her height is 166 cm, and her body weight is [51 kg].

Thank Sera...I know more than necessary.

Tsubaki is a young bespectacled woman with long straight black hair that extends all the way down to her knees, with split bangs and heterochromatic eyes, with a violet left eye and a light brown right eye.

she also wears blue, semi-rimmed glasses with square lenses. Thank Wiki...anyways.

" Hi∼. I'm Rokuhara Lancaster Valen, I'm here for a cafeteria supervisor job,"

I said as I put the document down on the desk.

" ...I already receive the word from Onee-sama, Rokuhara-san pardons me, but do you prefer to be called Lancaster instead? "

Sona then signals me to sit down opposite her.

" Either is fine, but I prefer you call me Valen, Sona-san,"

I answer with a carefree tone.

" Pardon me for not introducing myself properly, Rokuhara-san, I am Shitori Souna, a student council president of Kuoh Academy, Though you probably already know my real name from Onee-sama...and She is Shinra Tsubaki, the Vice-president, and my advisor."

She continues the conversation in a formal tone, but I digress.

Tsubaki bow slightly as she was introduced.

" You're truly strict and serious like Levi-tan said huh? "

My statement makes her eye twitch a little bit.

" ...I hope Onee-sama did not feed you too much of my private information, Rokuhara-san."

She said while avoiding eye contact with mine.

I put on an awkward chuckle in response.

" ahaha...sorry, Sona-san, I probably know more than I should, during these months I’ve spent with her."

And those words make her blush and shake in embarrassment.

Sona's birthday is June 7th by the way.

" ...Why Onee-sama,...Why do you have to do this to me..."

She murmurs forlornly.

" Ahem, Kaichou. I think we should continue on Rokuhara-san's employment."

Tsubaki saves the day by pulling the topic back.

So the trivial exchange ends there and we continue with my employment contract after that she calls someone to show me around the campus.

My work schedule and other things will be sent to my house later via the mail.
.
.

" Rokuhara-san, right∼? Kaichou said to have me show you around the campus! I am Meguri Tomoe, a secretary. Nice to meet you∼!"

She bows lightly after introducing herself in an energetic tone.

Tomoe is a beautiful girl with shoulder-length, reddish-brown hair and brown eyes.

Her hair features swept bangs and a single strand of hair sticking out from the top.

" Nice to meet you, Meguri-san, I'm Rokuhara Lancaster Valen, you can call me Valen, I don't mind∼,"

I replied casually with a smile.

Then we start walking around the campus with some trivial exchange in between.

" And this is our cafeteria it's empty now as lunchtime has not started yet. And by the way, are you a new teacher Rokuhara-san?"

She asks curiously.

" Ah, No. I'm a supervisor for the cafeteria, so if you can tell me what type of food is popular here would be appreciated, so I can improve it further∼."

I replied with a wink.

" ∼! —Ahem...I'll try, Rokuhara-san!"

She blushed hard from it.

Then the conversation went on begin with my life in Europe, especially during the culinary school period til I met Serafall.

" Heh∼, So you live in Spain for a while then met Kaichou's Sister, huh? What was she like? I'm curious∼! Kaichou always made us go away except for Tsubaki whenever she show up! "

Said Tomoe who has sparkling in her eyes.

I ponder into my memory a bit and then answer.

" She is a ball of energy and a fun person to be with. Others may call her childish, but for me, that's her charm. *chuckle∼."

Then I recalled the first time I met with Serafall.

" You know the first thing Sera ask me is—"

*flashback starts.*

" Nee, Valen-chan do you like Mahou-shoujo? "

Ask the beautiful girl; looking in her late teens with black hair, tied into twin tails and blue eyes with a serious expression present on her adorable face.

She also has a child-like body (albeit with large breasts).

" ...Hmm, not really, I like Miko or a priestess more sorry Levi-tan,"

I confess in an apologetic tone.

Asia-chan's presence seems to leave a deep impression on me, huh?

" Objection! Valen-chan! I find your lack of faith in Mahou-shoujo disturbing! Let me introduce you to our lord and savior Kaname Madoka! "

She got the eyes of a hunter who looks at their prey while presenting the Blu-ray box of Madoka Magicka to me.

" I already watch it..."

I said weakly while slowly backing away from her.

" Naive! Valen-chan you did not understand as you only watch it once and it's clearly not enough to convince you of the greatness of Mahou-shoujo Valen-chan! Let me, Maou-shoujo Leviathan show you the way! We'll begin with the series then we gonna binge all three movies and Magia's record too! "

She then grabbed me by the neck then somehow manage to teleport into my room even though she had never been there.

How the hell? I wonder as we reach the living room of my apartment.

" What about food and drink? "

I ask as I watch her preparing the TV.

" Don't worry Behe-chan will deliver it for us and We don't need sleep Valen-chan, I know you gonna be fine without sleep for a week anyway. —And done! come sit here Valen-chan!"

She taps the space on the couch, my couch that she laying on comfortably as this was her house.

So I resign to my fate and lay beside her.

" How is watching the most depressing magical girl series gonna convince me of their charm? I mean even "Yuuki yuuna ha yuusha de ari" is more light than this series..."

I grumble a bit.

" You'll see Valen-chan∼."

She said then giggle a bit.

" We can watch Fate/Prisma Illya afterward too if you want Valen-chan!"

She presents another box set of the anime while smiling.

" ...Fine, add that in too then, I have nothing to do this week anyway."

I sigh as I start to realize that she just wants someone to watch it with her.

Life as a Devil king is a lonely one, huh?

" Yay! Let's do it Valen-chan!"

She smiles brightly at my answer.

*Three days pass.*

" ...Serafall-sama when are you gonna go back to Lilith? It's been 3 days already, please! I can't handle any more papers! And there's a bunch that required your signature too! Please go back!"

Plead a woman with long black hair and red eyes with two horns beside her forehead.

" Buu... you're such a mood killer Behe-chan. Hah... Just get me the one I need to sign right now, Don't worry just for this week I'll stay with Valen-chan you can keep going like this Behe-chan."

Serafall gives in and starts to work on her papers then after she has done with the work, we continue our routine.

Sometimes we pause to cook and eat a meal or for personal stuff like the paperwork that Behemoth comes to deliver to her from time to time.

We also have some conversation during the meal as Serafall started to tell me a bunch of information about her So-tan religiously and about her rivalry with Gabriel etc.

Oh, that also, when she offered me this job to me too and her reason is.

" Valen-chan, you're pretty good at cooking even though you just receive your diploma huh? How about working at my So-tan school cafeteria? That way I can meet both you and So-tan at the same time!"

So I accepted as I have 0 plan for my life now and went on with our routine.

On the last day, She starts to tell me about her hobby which is including about her show. "Miracle☆Levia-tan".

That she put a lot of passion into it, so I promise to watch it with her next time she comes by. She also gives me a signed copy box set while grinning from ear to ear.

" This version differs from the one that airs on the Devils and Magi network Valen-chan."

She then whispers into my ear.

" It's an uncensored version that you can see the part that did not make it into the final such as the transformed scene where you can see me naked or the part where my cloth gets damaged too Valen-chan ∼hehe."

" ...Thank you?"

I receive it while stunned by her approach.

" Then see you later, Valen-chan!"

She winks at me and teleports back to her work.

*flashback end.*
.
.
Is she into you?
Answer: C. Can't tell.

" That would be it Rokuhara-san. Umm... are you still with me? Oi, Rokuhara-san. Hello?"

Tomoe voiced her concern.

" Ah, sorry I just get into my own though a bit there anyway, thank you for showing me around Meguri-chan."

I thank her after I put myself together.

"*giggle∼, Please be careful not to do that while outside Rokuhara-san, see you tomorrow∼."

She bow a little and then left me by the entrance.

" Got it see you later Meguri-chan."

Alright, for now, let's go shopping for some groceries and went straight home, shall we?

I need time to adjust to my new life more than this as from the moment assimilation finished and the memories of this life become more and more prominent as time passed.

Thank Gabriel, I noted all the stuff I kinda remember down before that kicked in.

Damn, my ROB is such a cheapskate…

And... dear lord... why do I have a feeling that something bad gonna hit me hard before I realize what's going on.

31