Chapter 105: Freedom
4.6k 9 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 105: Freedom

Lucas and the rest flew off in the pipe and found themselves in a wide room with a horse carousel in the middle.

They saw a contestant strapped in a sticky substance on the conveyor belt.

Having just arrived, they saw how a small girl touched the contestant and suddenly turn into a toy!

“Contract. You will not harm humans. You will obey the orders of the family.”

“W-what is this!? What did you do to me!?”

Besides the small girl, a huge slimy...guy showed a nasty grin.

“Stop blabbering and get to work!”

“!!!”

The toy stopped speaking and started to move out of the room to obey his order.

Lucas raised a brow when he saw this.

Speaking of which, this ability is really convenient…I’ll use it on Doflamingo later hehe…

Lucas grinned at the thought of turning Doflamingo into a flamingo and display it on the lawn of the ship.

Just as Lucas was about to reveal himself, Luna exclaimed.

“Woooow! Daddy! The human turned into a toy! I want one!”

“!? Who's there!?”

Trebol heard the noise and turned to look.

Seeing as they were already exposed, Lucas sighed and revealed himself.

“Yo. What an interesting ability you have there.”

“You...you’re the one that the young master warned us about! Lucas!”

“In the flesh.”

While Trebol was quickly thinking of ways to escape, Sugar only looked at Lucas expressionlessly while munching on grapes stuck on her fingers.

Who cares if it’s Lucas or what. She just had to touch him and he will turn into a toy, forgotten by everyone else.

Suddenly, she heard a childish voice right behind him and felt a tap on her shoulder.

Then...she turned into a doll!

“Yay! Daddy look! I have a new toy now!”

“...”

Lucas and the rest were dumbfounded.

Lucas looked at his arms and found that Luna was already missing and had somehow snuck behind Sugar, turning her into a toy.

Olvia, Ace, Sabo, and Rebecca were all shocked.

What!? What just happened!? How did she turn someone into a toy!? What kind of broken cheat is this!!!???

Out of all of them, Trebol is the one that is most badly frightened.

Huh!? Where did this toy come from? Wait...this ability...was someone turned into a toy!? N-no good! I can’t remember who it is!

Actually, everyone apart from Lucas and Luna forgot who Sugar is. But since the others with Lucas were in front of Trebol and Sugar, they saw Luna turn ‘someone’ into a toy, but can’t seem to remember who it was.

Trebol was beside Sugar and was focusing on Lucas so he didn’t see the process. He only remembered that there is such Devil Fruit ability which can turn others into a toy.

At the moment, Luffy and the others were fighting Doflamingo, Senor Pink, Lao G, Machvise, and Gladius in Green Bit when Sugar turned into a toy.

Doflamingo just dodged Luffy’s attack and frowned.

“What is this...unsettling feeling...like I’m forgetting something…”

“Mingo!”

“Tch! Strawhat, you are really starting to piss me off!”

Along with them, Monet reformed herself after creating a snow hurricane towards Gladius. She felt something in her heart and looked to the direction of where Lucas and the others were.

Somehow...I feel like I’m forgetting something important…

“Monet you traitor! Punc Bala!”

Gladius roared and shot bullets towards her which were inflated by his Pop Devil Fruit ability.

Beside her, Kinnemon’s katana was engulfed in fire as he slashed at the inflated bullets, cutting through the explosion as well when it exploded on contact.

“Where is Kanjuro!?”

Monet snapped out of it and turned into snow once again.

As the rest of the Strawhats fought off against Doflamingo’s forces, all sorts of changes happened in Dressrosa.

As Sugar was turned into a toy, Her ability was also deactivated. Naturally, all the toys in Dressrosa started to turn back to their previous forms at the same time.

Most of the toys were former humans. But there are some that are also animals. Those animals started to rampage in the town and caused panic.

Everyone was shocked as they all started to remember the ‘toys’ who were once a part of their lives.

“I’m back!”

“Finally!”

“Dear! I missed you so much!”

“Dad!!! I can’t believe I forgot about you!”

While some cried tears of joy, some were also greatly infuriated.

Especially those of the Marines, World Government agents, Revolutionaries, Pirates, and Elites of other Countries who were turned into toys as well.

Dressrosa was now on the brink of a full-blown war.

In the dumpsite below, the toys that Lucas healed started to turn back as well and they all rejoiced in laughter and cries.

“I’m human again!”

“He did it!”

“He freed us from this hell!!!”

“This debt of gratitude...I shall never forget!”

In the secret base of the Tontatta Tribe, a certain one-legged toy soldier had also turned into a human as well.

He had turned back into the greatest gladiator of Dressrosa...Kyros!

“I’m back!? How...no, this isn’t important for now! Let’s go!”

Viola cried out.

“Kyros...I...I remember now…!”

Sanji grinned and took this chance to hug her.

Zoro rolled his eye at him and then looked back at Kyros.

“Luffy and the others are already fighting Doflamingo. Right now, we need to find the SMILE factory and blow it up.”

Kuina nodded as well and held her katana.

“Un. We should get going.”

“Yosh! Everyone! I will lead you all to victory!”

Usopp laughed and posed in front of the Tontatta tribe, acting as if he was their leader.

The foolish Tontatta tribe was excited.

“Waaa! Usoland! Amazing!”

At the side, Betty just ended a call with Sabo and looked over at Kyros.

“You, the one with one leg. A colleague of mine is with your daughter right now. She’s safe.”

“I see...thank you for informing me.”

Kyros held his sword with a determined look. He looked over to Zoro and nodded.

“Though it pains me that I wouldn't be able to fight Doflamingo, I will have to believe in your captain for now. Let’s go and destroy the factory and free the rest of the Tontatta tribe.”

Brook walked over to Kyros and asked.

“You have a daughter? Can I see her panties?”

“This isn’t the time to joke about that!”

Nami swung her staff hard on his skull when she heard him speak.

At this time, Fujitora, who was aiding Doflamingo to fend off Luffy and the others, suddenly received word of what was happening in Dressrosa. He stopped and used his ability to create a floating platform for himself as he flew off to Dressrosa.

He no longer cared about helping Doflamingo as he felt it was more important to stop the rampage that was about to happen in Dressrosa.

“Oi! Fuijitora! Where the hell are you going!?”

“Don’t mind me, I’m just taking a walk.

Doflamingo gritted his teeth and was annoyed by Fujitora’s answer.

At the same time, a small denden mushi rang from his pocket. He wanted to ignore it but remembered Fujitora suddenly leaving and his bad premonition earlier.

He waved his hand and temporarily trapped Luffy in a ball made of strings and answered the call.

“S-sir! There’s something happening in the city! All the toys in the city suddenly...turned into humans! There are Pirates, Ex-soldiers of Dressrosa, Government officials, Marines, Nobles of other countries! There are also Beasts! The people are panicking and asking questions! W-what do we tell them, sir!?”

Hearing his subordinate frantically report, Doflamingo’s face fell.

Earlier, he felt like he had forgotten something...now, it seems that their devil fruit user who can turn people into toys was somehow...turned into a toy as well!

This was the only explanation Doflamingo can think of as he couldn’t remember who it was.

He quickly called Trebol to ask him.

The call connected.

“Trebol! What’s the situation there!? Why did the toys turn back to humans!?”

“Oh, is this Doflamingo? Hehe, you sound out of breath. What’s wrong? Is Luffy giving you a hard time?”

Doflamingo didn’t hear Trebol’s voice. Instead, he heard a familiar voice on the other end. His face darkened and gritted his teeth.

“Lucas...where is Trebol!?”

“Dead. Sorry, that guy was too disgusting to look at.”

Lucas turned to look at Trebol who lied dead on the ground.

Earlier, Ace and Sabo attacked him together but since that sticky stuff of his was actually combustible...well...the whole place exploded.

Thankfully, Lucas acted quickly and created a barrier to shield them all.

Afterward, all that was left was a broken room and a charred Trebol.

Still, Trebol was actually still alive then so Lucas just did the finishing blow and pierced his heart with a haki-clad blade of water.

While Sabo called Betty and his other colleagues to inform them about what happened and to keep a lookout on the restored Revolutionary members, a denden mushi rang from underneath Trebol’s clothes.

Lucas wasn’t really sure how it survived that blast earlier. Maybe it was protected by his clothes?

Anyway, Lucas didn’t bother to think much of it and answered the call.

As expected it was Doflamingo who called.

Lucas laughed.

“Are you sure you should be idling around now? The whole city is in an uproar you know? The people you turned into toys are reverting back to normal all at the same time.”

Suddenly, the call disconnected. Lucas thought Doflamingo probably didn’t bother with him anymore and ran back to Dressrosa to fix the problem.

Lucas shook his head and tossed the denden mushi to the side.

He looked over at the others and saw Rebecca had fallen to her knees and cried.

“I...have a father…!”

Lucas smiled.

“Well, of course you do. Don’t worry, he should be safe at the moment.”

“...Thank you...Lucas.”

“Actually, it was Luna who made Sugar stop using her ability.”\

Lucas shrugged and looked over to Luna who was still holding onto her new doll.

Sugar didn’t understand what just happened and panicked.

“What’s going on!? Why did I become a toy!? Turn me back!”

“No!”

“Grrrrr!”

Seeing them fight, Lucas felt it was amusing and smiled.

He looked at the Sugar doll and grinned.

“Contract. You are not allowed to hurt anyone part of the Strawhat crew as well as the people you see in this room. You are to obey Luna at all times.”

“H-huh!? Contract!? Don’t be foolish! How can you use that to m-”

“Sit!”

Luna shouted. Suddenly, Sugar paused and sat.

Seeing it work, Luna laughed and clapped her hands.

“Waaa! This is fun!”

“HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!???”

At the side, Ace saw what just happened and broke into a cold sweat.

It was a good thing they didn’t fight earlier...otherwise...this is just too damn cheaty!

Sabo sighed and patted him on the shoulder.

“Give up being a pirate. How about you join me in the Revolutionary instead?”

“...”

Ace felt like punching Sabo.

Robin and Olvia smiled and approached Lucas.

“As usual, Luna is very powerful.”

“Indeed...so? When am I going to expect a grandchild?”

“When am I getting a little brother or sister?”

“...”

Olvia and Robin silently looked at each other while Lucas didn’t know what to say…

Robin smiled at her mother.

“I saw the video.”

“...”

Olvia started to blush and quickly looked away.

“D-did Lucas see it as well?”

“No, I deleted it after watching it.”

“I-I see...that’s good…”

Olvia sighed and shook her head.

“Let’s not talk about this now...anyway, we’ll have a lot to talk about later. For now, let’s finish dealing with the matters here.”

“Okay.”

Lucas noticed their conversation ended and finally sighed in relief.

He led the others out of the room and saw the reverted toys starting to fight back.

He saw the contestants that he fought off earlier along with a few more unfamiliar gladiators and pirates.

Looking around, he didn’t see King Riku anywhere and thought that Trebol probably had him pulled out earlier and probably sent to the castle.

Seeing the chaos in front of them, Sabo stepped out.

“Revolutionaries!”

Then, Ace stepped out as well.

“Pirates!”

Finally, Rebecca stepped out.

“Gladiators!”

Hearing them shout, they all paused and looked towards them.

The Revolutionaries recognized Sabo and quickly formed themselves by his side.

The Pirates also recognized Ace and stopped fighting for now.

The Gladiators knew Rebecca and paused as well.

Lucas stepped out and spoke in a loud voice as he raised his fist. A tattoo was displayed at the back of his wrist with an X and wings.

“You are all free!”

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!”

Their cheers echoed throughout the place and even those above could faintly hear their cries from beneath. Of course, no one really noticed as it was still chaos on the surface as well.

Fujitora had just arrived in the city and looked at the ground.

“Ah...it seems today will be quite a busy day…”

Sorry for not being able to write much. Been busy these days with work. Actually still have work later and tomorrow huhu. Yesterday, I had 7 hours of OT too....when I could have been playing at that 7 hours instead XD

Anyway, new chap!

Sadly, there is no God Usopp this time XD

Also, who else plays Genshin Impact now? XD I dunno why it suddenly became popular but I also started playing it in my free time. If anyone wants to add me and in Asia server: 804402640 XD

Also again, I wrote a part of this chapter in the Reading: The Ultimate Fruit Chapter 5 where the UF crew meets the OG crew XD it's fun lol

See ya next chap!

109