Chapter 116: Invitation
3.8k 9 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 116: Invitation

Very quickly, a handful of men and women wearing all white appeared in front of Lucas.

They didn’t bother to speak and simply attacked Lucas immediately.

Lucas naturally noticed them but didn’t have any change in his expression.

Suddenly, a handful of figures wearing all black descended from the sky and clashed with the ones in white.

Rob Lucci grinned as he faced off against the ones in white.

“CP0, it’s time for our rematch!”

“You…!?”

“You guys fight elsewhere, don’t disturb us here.”

Lucci chuckled and grabbed one of the CP0 as they jumped away from the plaza. The others also did the same as they scattered outside to fight.

Once they were gone, the entire plaza was silent once more.

“Well then. I heard you guys are having a meeting. How about letting me in on it as well?”

The various Kings and Queens looked at each other with unease.

Eventually, King Cobra stepped out.

“Lucas. Can you let us know the reason why you have come here?”

“Ah, your Majesty! Long time no see. Princess Vivi too. It’s been a while.”

Lucas smiled and nodded at the familiar faces he saw. He could see Vivi was happy to see him but also looked conflicted about something.

He smiled wryly and shrugged.

“I’m sure we have a lot to catch up on. But business is first, I guess?”

Lucas pointed at Momonosuke and explained.

“This kid here is Momonosuke Kozuki. The rightful heir of the Kozuki family and Shogun of Wano. However, as he is still too young, I have temporarily taken the seat of Shogun of Wano as his acting guardian in the absence of his parents.”

As he explained, everyone started to chatter and murmur to themselves.

King Cobra raised a brow and asked.

“But as I understand it, you are not born in Wano. How did you become this child’s guardian?”

Lucas smiled and turned around. He lifted the end part of his shirt and showed them the Kozuki crest on his lower back.

“This is the Kozuki family crest. Naturally, only those considered to be part of the Kozuki family are allowed to have it. I don’t think I need to go through all the details to explain to you all...but to sum it up, I am this child’s godfather.”

King Cobra nodded.

“Alright. Then we can think of your words as the words of the Kozuki family, is that correct?”

“That’s right.”

This time, King Riku spoke up.

“Lucas. I haven’t had the chance to thank you yet for helping save my country before. I am the King of Dressrosa, Riku.”

“Ah yes. It’s nice to meet you. Princess Rebecca as well.”

Rebecca smiled and waved her hand from behind King Riku.

King Riku coughed and continued to speak.

“Since we’ve established your position, what do you hope to accomplish here by attending the Reverie?”

“Well, Momonosuke’s late father, Oden Kozuki, hoped to open Wano’s borders in the past. However, thanks to the schemes of Kaido and Orochi, he was killed and the Kozuki family was forced into hiding. But those two are dead now so there’s nothing stopping me from fulfilling Oden’s last wish.”

“So you want to join the World Government?”

King Elizabello of Prodence asked suspiciously.

They all know Lucas was a pirate. A very infamous one at that.

Was someone like him really hoping to join the World Government?

Hearing this question, Lucas smiled.

“I think I’ve answered a lot of questions already for now. If I keep answering, what are we left to discuss in the Reverie?”

“...Then I suppose we can let you participate. Is there anyone who wishes to disagree?”

King Cobra looked around and the various Kings and Queens who stayed silent.

They discussed among themselves quietly but no one dared to speak up.

Suddenly, a young King shouted.

King Stelly. The brat adopted by Sabo’s family has not become the King of the Goa Kingdom.

“I refuse! It’s bad enough we’re letting fishes into the Reverie, how can we let a lowly pirate join as well!?”

“...Hoh?”

Lucas turned and saw who spoke up. Immediately, a vein popped up in his forehead.

Lucas considers himself a very calm person. However, he was a person from another world. A world where he had watched and read about One Piece in the past.

To him, there were some characters in the story that just absolutely irritated him. This kid is one of them.

Lucas gazed coldly upon Stelly who froze upon being looked at.

“I can let go of the fact that you called me a pirate since that is indeed true. However, you dared call King Neptune a fish. Don’t you know? Fishman Kingdom is under the protection of both the Whitebeard Pirates and the Strawhat Pirates. If they were to know that you are treating merfolk as fishes...maybe they’ll decide to pay a visit to your little Goa Kingdom?”

“Y-y-y-y-you dare threaten a King!?”

Stelly’s body began to shake as he pointed his finger at Lucas.

Lucas laughed.

“King? Hahaha. Brat, in the eye of everyone here, they see me as a King even more than they see you as one. To them, you’re just a kid playing house. You think that just because you have the title of a King, that you are equal with everyone here?”

Stelly was momentarily surprised by what he said. He quickly looked around and saw the other Kings and Queens looking at him with distant eyes.

As if they were simply watching a monkey make a ruckus in a cage.

They didn’t even care that Lucas had mocked him for so long already.

Lucas grabbed Stelly by the collar and raised him up.

“Listen up, ‘King Stelly’. The only reason why you have this title is because you took it from someone who deserved it even more. Sabo would’ve made a better King than you.”

“W-w-what are you talking about!? Sabo is dead!”

Lucas rolled his eyes.

“See? You still don’t know. Sabo isn’t dead. Rather, he’s now the Revolutionary Army’s Chief of Staff. Only Dragon is placed higher than him.”

“WHAT!?”

Lucas tossed Stelly away and chuckled.

“You see, thanks to your scheming against him when you were kids, you have just created the second in command of the Revolutionary Army. Congratulations~”

This time, everyone frowned.

“Is that true?”

“I think so...we’ve investigated this Sabo before and we knew he was from the Goa Kingdom.”

“I’m familiar with the former King of Goa. He mentioned his son Sabo a few times too.”

“So it’s true…”

“Then that means King Stelly…”

“Shh, don’t say anymore. He might overhear us.”

The crowd began to chatter and murmur amongst themselves once more. Stelly could hear some of it and his face started to begin to grow paler by the second!

He felt like he had lost all his face!

Just as he was thinking of fleeing, five figures appeared.

“The Five Elders!”

Everyone quieted down.

At this moment, Lucci and the rest of the former CP9 had also returned behind Lucas.

Lucas only glanced at them and asked.

“Well?”

“From now on, there will be no more CP0.”

Suddenly, Kalifa stepped forward while dragging a member of CP0.

Lucas was confused to see a blonde woman with blue eyes and a stunning figure being dragged by Kalifa. Looking at her get up, she was obviously from CP0 as well.

“Master, this bitch says she wants to follow you from now on too.”

“...Huh?”

Kalifa further explained.

“Though she is a member of the CP0, Stussy is also one of the well-known figures in the Underworld. I figured she might be of use to master so I brought her along.”

“Ah...well, it's fine. In that case, she can serve under you.”

“T-thank you!”

Stussy was relieved and quickly thanked Lucas.

Kalifa frowned and gave her a slap and pushed her head down on the floor.

“Hmph! If you want to thank the master, do it by kneeling!”

“T-thank you!!!”

“I-it’s fine already so stop that!”

Lucas felt uncomfortable seeing this. Also...he swore he could see Stussy smiling weirdly when she was being pressed to the ground by Kalifa.

...This girl...is she also an M? Is that why the two of them seemed to get along?

Lucas decided not to care about it anymore about these two perverts.

He patted Luna on the head and spoke seriously.

“Luna, don’t become like these two when you grow up, okay?”

“Yes!”

“...”

Feeling as if they were being ignored, one of the five elders coughed.

Lucas turned to look at them again.

“Oh, sorry about that. One of your guys seemed to want to join me, is that alright?”

“...”

Now you're asking for permission!?

The five elders’ faces twitched but they refused to comment on that.

It took a moment for them to calm down again as they spoke.

“Lucas.”

“Your presence…”

“Is required.”

“Follow us.”

“Inside.”

Lucas looked at the five elders weirdly.

He turned to the other Kings and Queens as he asked.

“Do those five always continue each others’ sentences? Isn’t that embarrassing? Even couples find it embarrassing to always finish each other’s sentences.”

“...”

I apologize for the delay in update. Been thinking for a while about how to write the ending. Also, was busy with other stuff.

See ya next chap!

97