Chapter 17: Thunder Storm!
9.2k 10 182
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17: Thunder Storm!

When Luffy originally found out what happened to Lucas, he was mad!

Not just because of Lucas...even going Merry was destroyed!

He didn’t wait any longer and simply went ahead and charged to Enel’s place once they discovered that the Upper Yard was actually a piece of Jaya in the past and deduced where Enel may be based on the description in Montblanc Norland’s logbook.

“In the skull’s right eye, gold is seen!”

The Skypiea map, combined with the Jaya map...had formed a skull!

Since this was the case, the supposed City of Gold being found in the right eye of the ‘skull’...should be where Enel is.

This was their deduction since they thought that if they were God, they would naturally choose to have their palace in a city full of gold!

But of course, this wasn’t the entire truth. It was simply coincidence that Enel’s palace was indeed at the top of that area where there was also a giant beanstalk that pierced the sky.

During their travel to that place, Enel’s militia has begun to fight them and they were all separated due to circumstances.

In fact, Luffy was still eaten by a giant snake just like the original story along with the bird Pierre and the loli Aisa.

Only, in this case, the last surviving fighters were Zoro, Sanji, Robin, Nami, Gan Fall, and Wyper. Together with Enel, there were 7 remaining fighters which were 2 more than his prediction.

Naturally, Enel couldn’t stand it so he tried to eliminate 2 more.

After defeating Gan Fall, Enel tried to make a move on Nami who appeared to be the weakest so as to settle his prediction of 5 remaining fighters.

However, Zoro and the rest agreed that the one who needs to be removed...was Enel instead!

The remaining people tried to fight Enel while Nami hid behind the ruins and guarded the unconscious people.

Wyper had used his Reject dial once already on Enel and his body was having a hard time standing up.

Zoro and the others also were in no shape to fight with their bruises and burns covering their bodies!

It was at this moment when Lucas had created the water barrier and Luffy got out from the unconscious snake!

Luffy looked up at the sky and his mouth curled to a big grin as he looked at Enel.

“Shishishishi! You’re in for it now!”

“Hmph! What does it matter for one more of you? Those who oppose God...will die!”

Enel was furious!

But before he could attack, a figure dove in from the sky and hovered above them.

“You’re no God, Enel.”

Lucas had moved here after comforting Conis and the other Skypiea citizens. Though the way they were calling him was...a bit unsettling for him…

Even though he wanted to explain further and stop them from calling him God, he didn’t want to waste too much time and simply flew here directly.

“Lucas!”

“Hey! You have wings!?”

“That is so cool!”

Luffy’s eyes were already glittering after seeing the huge wings behind him.

Skypiea people’s wings were too small so it didn’t have much impact for them, but Lucas’ wings were about twice an arm’s length!

Even Lucas thinks that he looks handsome!

At this moment, the Author regretted giving this narcissistic bastard wings but he can’t undo it anymore since the chapter has been published…

The Author is also thinking of using Enel and kill this main character and end the story. But of course, this is only in his head…or is it?

Back to the story, Lucas smiled wryly as he explained.

“Sorry for the worry guys, his lightning didn’t really affect me but...that move of his is so damn big that it destroyed the area I was standing on so...I fell from the sky…”

“You fell!?”

“Yeah, I have no idea why wings suddenly appeared on my back though, but thankfully, it did. Otherwise, I would be lost in the Grand Line by now.”

Lucas laughed and waved his wings.

His body is still that of a water logia user, even with wings on his back, they are also a part of his body now. Naturally, they are made of water as well despite appearing like that of an angel’s wings.

When he waved his wings, feathers made from his water shot out and stuck to Zoro and the other injured people.

The water enveloped them and slowly healed their wounds.

Enel saw this as well and angrily charged at him!

“You think I’ll let you!? Gomu gomu no...whip!”

“Hmph! You think you ca- gh!?”

When he saw Luffy’s feet extend and attempted to kick him, Enel snorted and chose to ignore it, believing that his leg would only pass through him!

But...he doesn’t know what a rubber is! If he knew, then he would know...that electricity is useless against a rubber man!

Enel’s logia devil fruit is powerful. Extremely powerful...Alas, he had met Luffy, his ultimate counter!

Even as he flew off and hit a wall in the ruins, Enel was still confused and refused to believe what just happened!

Seeing this, Nami exclaimed!

“Of course! Luffy’s made of rubber...which means…”

“Enel’s lightning doesn’t have any effect on him!!!”

Zoro shook his head and smiled helplessly.

“Heh, so much for a God...to be defeated by a rubber man…”

“I kinda feel sorry for him now.”

Sanji also laughed and started to relax as he lit up a cigarette.

Enel still couldn’t believe it and shot numerous lightning attacks at Luffy but…

Luffy just stood there and pick his nose.

Enel’s face was quite amusing to look at. His mouth was open wide and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets! There’s even snot coming out from his nose!

Lucas sighed in regret that he couldn’t take pictures of Enel’s face at this moment. This was gold!

Thankfully, Robin seemed to know what he was thinking and took a picture.

Lucas gave her a thumbs up.

Seeing as his enemies have started to wake up and also fully healed, in addition, there’s that straw hat wearing boy who can’t seem to be affected by his lightning, Enel gritted his teeth and chose to retreat!

His body changed into lightning and sped away!

“Hey! We’re not finished here!”

Luffy shouted but Enel was too fast in his lightning form so he could stop him in time.

Lucas patted his shoulder.

“It’s alright Luffy. I think I know where he’s going.”

“Then let’s go!”

Before that, Lucas looked over to Wyper.

“I know this is a cruel thing to say, but you are no match for Enel. It’s best you stay here and protect your people.”

“...”

Wyper gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

He knew that Lucas was right. Even with the sea stone, he was still not able to defeat Enel!

Earlier, he had already used the Reject dial on Enel but...Enel could even restart his own heart with his electricity!

Against such a person...he was unable to fight at all!

Lucas saw him fall silent and sighed. He didn’t want to say such a mean thing but it would be bad for him to keep on following as it would cost him his life and Lucas can’t guarantee he can keep an eye on him the whole time.

Lucas is indeed unable to be affected with Enel’s lightning, but he still can’t touch Enel like Luffy.

The best he can do is assist Luffy or create an opening for him!

After a while, Wyper sighed and tossed his sea stone infused skate waiver.

“Go...This should still be of use to you. You better send that God to Hell!”

“...Un. Leave it to us!”

Lucas nodded. Then looked at the sea stone skate waiver. He thought for a while then decided to crush it into pieces.

“Zoro, can I borrow that iron cloud sword for a moment?”

“Here, it’s yours anyway.”

Zoro tossed the iron cloud sword. When Lucas caught it, he poured a part some part of the sea stone pieces on it and manipulated the sword in such a way that it holds the pieces on the outer edge of the sword.

After doing so, he tossed it back to Zoro.

“Here, with this, you should be able to hit Enel.”

“...Heh, and here I was wondering how I could cut down a God. Thanks.”

Next, Lucas embedded the remaining sea stone pieces on the shoe part of the skate waiver then gave it to Sanji.

“Wear this for now.”

“Thanks. Now I can kick a God’s butt.”

Luffy grinned and held onto his strawhat as he looked to the direction Enel had left.

“Mateys! Let’s go defeat God!”

Lucas smiled wryly at these three who were so eager to take on the supposed ‘God’.

He turned around and was about to grab Luffy and the rest to fly when someone held his arm.

Turning around, he saw Nami glaring at him.

“You better come back.”

“...I will.”

At the side, Robin also looked at him and nodded in encouragement.

“Take care.”

“Shishishi! Let’s go!”

Lucas grinned as well and held Luffy from behind.

His wings stretched wide and Luffy’s eyes shone again.

“So cool!”

“Haha, let’s go!”

Luffy’s arm stretched as he held Zoro and Sanji.

Together, the four of them flew into the air as the wing brushed past them!

Such a flight was a new experience to Luffy and the rest even though they technically flew their ship to the sky before. Flying with wings is still awesome!

Not like the wings was his but it still felt great!

They laughed as they flew.

Suddenly, they saw what seems to be a ship...flying in the skies as well!

This is...Enel’s ship, the Maxim!

“That’s where Enel is.”

“Woah! That ship is flying!”

“Get ready! We’ll give God a proper greeting!”

Luffy laughed as he handed Zoro over to his left arm along with Sanji, making the two fight and bicker again.

He didn’t mind the two as he stretched his free right arm as it twisted to the back while Lucas carried them to Enel in high speed!

“Gomu gomu no…!”

“Boost…!”

Both gritted their teeth as they both neared Enel!

Enel grimaced when he saw the two of them and with his Mantra, he knew what would happen next!

Quickly turning to lightning, Enel blended with the huge gold face behind him!

Just in time too. Lucas and Luffy’s attack was about to hit him!

““Wing Rifle!!!””

*BOOM!*

Despite missing Enel, the two of them managed to destroy the giant golden face on the ship, causing gold debris to start falling from the sky!

Lucas can just imagine the look in Nami’s face once she sees this...thankfully, she wasn’t here...

The name of the attack was something the two came up with abruptly. Though Lucas already knew that Luffy was preparing his gomu gomu no bazooka attack, he thought that since he’s assisting him, he should also combine his own attack name with Luffy.

Boost Wing. A simple charge attack using the wind from his wing propelling him and delivering a heavy blow to the enemy!

The high speed charge, coupled by the rubber’s own tension...the result was quite devastating!

Enel reappeared again. He looked at the remains of the gold statue that he made and his face paled!

If that had hit him instead…

Enel looked at the four who landed on his ship with a grim face.

“...Who the hell are you?”

“I’m Luffy! I’m gonna be the Pirate King!”

“...Pirate King? Hmph! It doesn’t matter if your attacks can hurt me or not...I’ll show you that a God is still above that of a King!”

Enel’s body turned into lightning as he traveled towards Luffy!

When he reappeared, his staff was about to hit Luffy!

If Luffy had been alone, that attack would indeed hit...but it wasn’t just Luffy that’s here!

Zoro and Sanji were prepared and sent a sword and kick towards Enel just before he could hit Luffy!

With Enel’s mantra, he was able to notice them earlier but didn’t mind since to him, only Luffy and Lucas was a threat.

What he didn’t know...was that both of them now had sea stones on their sword and feet!

“Guh-!?”

When their attacks hit, Enel was flown back while spurting blood from his mouth.

Luffy grinned.

“You may be a God. But you’re all alone!”

As if on cue, Lucas appeared from behind Enel and swung his wings, releasing about a hundred of high pressured water feathers at Enel!

Piercing Feathers!

Enel gritted his teeth as he turned around and brought his arms forward in an attempt to block.

Just as he was thinking that the water feathers would simply pass through his body as it is not made of sea stone or sea water, he missed to notice another attack was approaching him from behind!

“Gomu gomu no...Bazooka!”

“Gah-!?”

Luffy’s attack forced him to solidify and the incoming water feathers was already nearing his body!

At this moment, in Enel’s vision, time seemed to slow down as he stared at the hundreds of high pressured water feathers about to hit him.

It’s coming…! Must...move…!!!

“Noooooooooo!!!”

Enel screamed as he felt as if hundreds of arrows had pierced his body!

When the attacks stopped, Enel fell down on his knees, his whole body was bloodied!

Luffy, Lucas, Zoro, and Sanji all looked at him calmly without any trace of pity.

Enel gasped for breath difficulty.

“A...argh...Damn you…! I was...so close...My plans would have worked flawlessly if it wasn’t for you lot…! Everyone would fear me...worship me…! Punks like you...are no match for me!”

Enel stood up, a huge black cloud could be seen from above him.

“I AM THE ALMIGHTY GOD!!!”

Lucas looked up at the black cloud and started to hover.

“Look carefully, pirates of the Blue Seas! This island is doomed...nothing can save it now...!”

“Shut up!”

Luffy was already fed up with Enel’s bullshit and charged towards him!

“Luffy, wait!”

Lucas tried to stop him but Luffy was already in front of Enel!

Enel saw this coming, he touched the golden face statue from behind and injected his lightning on it!

Thunder Alchemy!

The gold seemed to have melted in his hands which he was able to freely manipulate to any shape.

When Luffy’s fist neared him, Enel manipulated the gold to surround his fist, creating a huge and heavy golden orb attached to his arm!

“!!! Ah! Hot!!!”

“Luffy!”

Luffy’s face paled from the hotness of the gold that touched his skin!

“Yah...hahaha...haha!”

“Ah! I can’t pull...it out!”

Enel laughed while panting.

“Haha...rubber man of the Blue Sea...I have no desire to fight you!”

“Let me go, you ass!”

“You are dismissed!”

Enel ignored him and simply kicked the golden orb away from the ship.

Naturally, with how heavy it was...Luffy was dragged down!

Zoro and Sanji acted quickly and attempted to catch Luffy!

“Ggghhh-!!!”

“With you out of the way, the world is mine, once again! There will be no one to stop me!”

“There is still me!”

Lucas took the iron cloud sword from Zoro and flew towards Enel!

“You!”

Enel glared at Lucas. He manipulated his staff to turn into a trident and attacked!

The iron cloud sword and the golden trident clashed!

Suddenly, Lucas heard Luffy and the others screamed as they fell from the sky!

“Waaaaahhh!!!”

“Luffy! Zoro! Sanji!”

“Where are you looking at!?”

“Dammit!”

Lucas hesitated for a moment before deciding to retreat and catch Luffy and the others instead!

As Lucas grabbed the three, he flapped his wings as hard as he could but the golden orb was too heavy!

Without much of a choice, Lucas can only soften their landing and redirect them towards the giant beanstalk where Enel is originally headed to look for the golden bell above it.

The four crashed on the ground with a loud boom!

Soon, Nami, Robin, and the others ran towards them.

Seeing the huge golden orb, Nami’s eyes turned to belis once again!

“Gold!?”

“Luffy! Are you guys alright!?”

“We’re fine...I’ll head back up there, you guys find a way to get Luffy’s hand out of that gold orb.”

Lucas sighed and flew back up without delay.

By the time Luffy also got up, Lucas was already high up in the sky.

He looked up, then looked at his arm, then to the giant beanstalk.

“There’s no time to get this thing out of my arm! I’m going!”

Luffy didn’t care about the heavy weight on his arm as he began to run up the beanstalk while dragging the huge gold orb behind him!

Nami snapped out of it and pulled her waiver.

“I’ll catch up to Luffy with the waiver, you all should go back to the city!”

She didn’t wait for their response and drove the waiver up the beanstalk!

Meanwhile, onboard the Maxim, Enel looked up at the dark clouds and grinned.

He started to gather up his electricity and shot towards the sky! Then...huge lightning started to rain down on the island!

“This is it...the party...has officially started. Thunder Storm!!!”

Sorry for the delay guys...Pokemon Sword and Shield came up so...yeah...it's really hard to stop once you start playing it...

Anyway, here is part 1 of the Enel fight. I really suck at fight scenes thought but I tried my best here... T_T

Next chap will come out in a bit...see ya in the next chap!

182