The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 17 – Farewell Young Master
1.3k 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate: “Journal, status page.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Name: Fate
  • HP: 47.09/47.09
  • MP: 5.33/5.33
  • Level: 0
  • Race: Human
  • Age: 1 year-old(1 year, 1 month(s) (19+ years old))
  • Job: None
  • Previous Jobs: None
  • Titles: 【Familiar of Fate】

--------------------------------

  • Stats:
    • Strength: 5.15
    • Endurance: 10.333
    • Wisdom: 4.2
    • Intelligence: 5.01
    • Stamina: 7.5225
    • Agility: 6.73
    • Fortune: 1.0
    • Magic: 2.166

---------------------------------

  • Passive Skills:『Balance (Lv.1)』
  • Active Skills: None
  • Unique Skills: None
  • Equipment: Fate’s Journal(Soul-bound)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fate: “...Check description for 『Balance (Lv.1)』.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

『Balance (Lv.1)』: The skill, Balance improves your stability. As the skill progresses, it may gain the ability to automatically correct your movements.

Current Buff: Balance improves by 5%

Skill Mastery: 1%

Skill Mastery Required for Next Level: 7.5%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I finally got a new skill, but it was just something as simple as balancing?! Also, what does it mean ‘may gain the ability to automatically correct your movements?’

It had been two and a half months since the ‘incident’ and Fate had finally managed to obtain a skill, although not one he had hoped for.

-I thought I’d have gained something like ‘physical tolerance’ or some sort of defense skill since my 【Endurance】 is my strongest stat, but 『Balance』, huh?

Fate had been increasing his 【Endurance】, 【Strength】, and 【Stamina】by holding a book above his head, which required him to stand or sit in one place for a duration of time. It seemed as if this passive skill had been brought about, as a result of some sort of ‘posture’ exercise.

-I think they used to have noble children train to stand up straight by having them keep a book on their heads and keeping still, without the book falling off. I didn’t think doing it for training would actually yield me a skill...even if it is sort of a crapshoot...Regardless, I now have a skill!

Fate had been working diligently on building his stats, ever since his 【Magic】had become too much for his【Endurance】 stat to handle effectively and he had managed to find a new way to escape his crib.

-Still though, who would have thought that I could’ve just lifted my mattress and removed a few screws to get out...It did take a while to twist them out of their holes.

*knock* *knock*

Jacob: “Young master, I have brought your lunch.”

Fate: “Yes, please.”

*creak*

The door creaked open and Jacob stepped through, into the room. Over the last few months, Agatha had stopped teaching Fate and, or so it seemed, had been requesting Jacob quite less. This left Jacob with the position of Fate’s ‘teacher.’

Jacob: “Here you are, young master.”

Jacob folded out the small table that he had brought with him, and set the silver tray with the nutrient jel and spoon down, on top of it.

Jacob: “I will go retrieve, ‘The History of Lunaria,’ and we shall continue from where we left off.”

Fate: “Yes.”

As his ‘teacher,’ as it was apparently decided last month, Jacob had been reading from a large book about the country that the manor was located in. In addition, Jacob occasionally let slip a few details about how things were in the manor, including details on the Lord and Lady.

*creak*

-I get that it’s helping my 【Intelligence】stat grow, along with my understanding of the world, but why do we have to keep coming across ‘Lunis II?’

‘Lunis’ as he was apparently called, was originally named ‘Yunis’ and was a commoner before his rise to power as the first king of ‘Lunaria.’ The old king, ‘Vargrad,’ had brought the small country of ‘Veritas’ to the brink of destruction. ‘Yunis’ was given a ‘revelation’ from Luna, the Goddess of the Moon, who helped him to become king and recreate the country as ‘Lunaria.’

-Though the fact that the rulers are chosen by the Goddess and are often members of the clergy before receiving a ‘revelation’ is a bit odd. I get that a ruler doesn’t die every day, but does the ‘Goddess’ really have the time to manage the royalty of her beneficiary country? Then again, I guess it’s a country she helped create so, of course, she would probably want it around to serve her.

*creak*

Jacob returned with empty hands and an awkward smile.

Jacob: “Young master, I won’t bore you with the details but...Do you know what a sibling is?”

-Oh, please let it be!

Fate: “Another short person, like me?”

Fate deliberately gave a childish answer, since Agatha had not commonly referred to himself as a ‘child’ but rather, as an ‘it.’ Thus, this should be information he would not have known at his age, except that he was a Reincarnator.

Jacob: “Oh, young master…”

Jacob shook his head, in what seemed to be, disappointment, for a moment before regaining his train of thought.

Jacob: “I will have to bore you with the details another time. However, there will be another... short person... in the manor, though you will most likely never see them for more than moments at a time…”

-Hm?

Jacob seemed hesitant to continue with his speech, it was as if whatever he said next would come as a huge shock. Thus, Fate braced himself.

Fate: “What... does that mean?”

Jacob: “The lady asked me, earlier in the year, to move you to another section of the mansion once she had...confirmed the signs of your sibling. In two-days time, you shall be moved to another place, farther away from your parents.”

-I didn’t expect this...so they’re shoving me under the bench and pretending like I don’t exist? Damn…

Fate had expected that Agatha would not approve of being near him, but for her to move him to some remote corner of the manor was...unexpected.

-I didn’t think Father would go for this sort of thing either. Although, he wasn’t around for my birth so maybe he feels like he’s detached from me already? I guess I just didn’t expect Jacob to tell me something like this so directly.

Jacob seemed to be the only one in the manor, whom Fate ever saw or who cared about Fate at all. His parents hadn’t even been around for his birthday, which he noticed thanks to repeatedly checking his status. Jacob seemed to have noticed though and brought in a light, chicken soup that had some of the ‘spice’ that made him suffer so much last time, but only enough for flavoring.

-He did laugh when I started to tear up a bit from the spiciness though…

Jacob: “I am saying this, as I will be recalled to my lady’s side and will most likely not see you for quite some time.”

-Sh*t! Why does my own mother have to do this kind of thing to her own son?! What have I ever done to her?

Jacob: “I sincerely apologize for giving you this sudden news, yet I know you can understand it all. Regardless, I wish you well. Goodbye, young master…”

Jacob looked a bit sorry and began to walk out of the room.

-...*sigh* I might as well say goodbye since from the way he’s looking, things will only get worse from here…

Fate: “Thank you for your service, Jacob.”

Jacob seemed to flinch, stopping dead in his tracks for a moment. He did not turn around though, but did respond with…

Jacob: “I shall be on my way. May you find happiness for yourself, young master.”

*creak*

And then, Jacob was gone. The only traces of him being the sound of footsteps gradually fading, down the hall.

24