The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 20 – Despise
1.3k 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate grimaced as the burning in his neck continued at high intensity. His father did not even notice his grunts of discomfort and when Fate attempted to speak out, the burning grew more fierce.

-Dammit! If I try and go out of line, she’ll just keep cranking up the heat until I die. Even if I die right here, she’ll just look like the sad mother who was crying with her husband, f*ck!!!

Fate did not try to speak out again and the pain gradually subsided. His father was still comforting his mother on the floor, but it looked like that was coming to a close.

Issac got up from the floor and pulled Agatha to her feet, gently helping her into the chair next to Fate’s.

Issac: “You need not speak anymore, my Agate...I shall question the child myself…”

Agatha nodded with eyes red from crying and then pointed her head downward, seemingly to avoid the gaze of her husband in shame.

Issac restored his stoic expression and locked eyes with his son. It was a gaze that was both sad and slightly-vengeful, with either emotion attempting to overwhelm the other.

Issac: “My son...Did you harm my bel...your mother?”

-What kind of crap is he spewing?! Did she actually managed to convince him that his own child had committed some sort of heinous crime against his mother?! This is bull…!

The stinging returned and began to intensify.

Fate: “Urgh-h…!”

Issac looked slightly confused for a moment, but the bitterness once again clouded his vision and focused intently on Fate.

Issac: “Answer me truthfully, my son. Else, I shall have to assume that you will not speak in your own defense…”

Fate attempted to keep his gaze on Issac, but the stinging began to focus on his forehead and seemed to force him to lower his head. To anyone else, this simply looked like a nod of one shamefully admitting their guilt and nothing more.

Issac: “So you did indeed...harm her…”

Agatha seemed to begin to tear up again, but before Issac could go over to comfort her, Agatha held her hand in front of him.

Agatha: “No...I must…*sniffle*...see this through...for myself!”

The sadness in Issac’s eyes now focused on his wife more than his son, while the vengefulness and fury focused on Fate.

Issac: “You...You are our son, how could you?!”

-Do what?! What in the hell do you think it is that I could have…!?!

The stinging intensified, forcing Fate to give a grimace before it subsided.

Issac: “Answer me...son, did you or did you not…”

Fate could hear his father’s fist clenching the desk loudly, creating cracks in the wood.

Issac: “...Cut into your mother’s back with a piece of glass from the window you broke during your lessons with her!?”

-What the f*ck!? Is she going to force me to say something…?!

Fate waited for the pain to return and attempt to bend him to Agatha’s desires, but strangely, no pain occurred.

Agatha looked visibly distressed, looking at Fate as if he was a ghost.

-Did her control break somehow?! Then...I have to tell Father!!!

Fate: “...Father, I did no such thing! Mother…!”

Fate was about to tell his father, about all the torture and pain that had been inflicted by his own mother! How she set all of this up in order to disown him or for some insane fanaticism that caused her to nearly kill him! He felt a sense of excitement welling up within him, nearly erupting to the surface...However, it was short-lived…

Issac: “You did no such thing?”

Fate felt tense, all the hairs of his body stood on end.

*crack!*

The part of the desk that Issac was gripping onto so fiercely, was ripped away in an instant. It was as if time had stopped. Issac looked as if he was brimming with hatred that could match a monster denied its meal and all of this fury was directed at Fate.

Agatha: “How could you attempt to lie so blatantly!? If you did not do any such thing, how do you explain this?!?!”

Agatha suddenly dropped to the floor while showing her backside to both of her family members, undoing the straps on her dress. When the straps were released and the back of her dress fell to her waist, something unsightly was revealed…

-How the hell could…!?

On her back, was a large scar akin to a large slash across her spinal area. Agatha immediately stood up and pulled her dress back on, seemingly attempting to hold in her tears.

-How the f*ck did she manage to that to herself?! I know that I wasn’t even able to get away from her ‘lessons’ much less give her such an injury, so where did it come from?!?

Issac was staring at Fate, grinding his teeth and clenching his fists together. He seemed to be trying to hold himself back from some drastic action. His gaze focused like a hawk before he spoke.

Issac: “...You have harmed your mother, attempted to cover it up, and have now lied to both of us…”

-I didn’t…!

The burning returned and more intensely than before, forcing Fate to clench his teeth. The burning was continuing, yet no orders were being received...Agatha began to let tears run from her eyes as the events unfolded before her eyes.

Issac: “I ask you, my son. Do you feel any remorse for what you’ve done?”

Issac spoke sternly, yet Fate did not say a word and simply continued to bear the pain from the mark.

-What did I…?

Issac: “I ask you once more, do you not feel that the sin you have committed is wrong? Do you not feel that you should be reprimanded for your heinous actions against your own family?!”

-What the hell did I…?

Issac clenched his fists even harder, digging his nails into his knuckles until they drew blood.

Issac: “I shall ask one last time...Do you not feel any remorse at all for what you have done!!”

-What did I do to deserve this sh*t?! Why should I have to take the blame for her whims?! Why did I have to be reincarnated into a family where not a single person cares about my existence, WHAT?!?!

The room was silent. The burning suddenly grew stronger, forcing Fate’s forced grimace to curve itself into a sadistic smile. However, it only forced him that far...

-ARE YOU SAYING THAT I SHOULD SAY IT?! THAT I SHOULD BEND TO YOUR WILL AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS!?!?

The smiling lips opened and to Issac’s dismay, his child’s voice, although faint, answered him that which he never wanted to hear.

Fate: “...No.”

-I WILL NEVER BE SORRY FOR WHAT I DIDN’T DO AND I SURE AS HELL WON’T BEG FORGIVENESS FROM YOU OR FROM THAT B*TCH!!!

Issac grimaced, yet he relaxed his hands and dropped them to his sides. He stood up and spoke loudly and clearly in a voice that none would mistake.

Issac: “You are no longer my son. I shall have the servants move you to another room. From what the servants describe to me, your room has a window to let light in and other amenities that are reserved for a noble…”

-What the hell are you talking about…? I haven’t seen the sunlight in months. Moth...that damn b*tch made sure of that.

Agatha: *sob* “I know of a room *sob*, I shall have the servants move him there…!”

Agatha immediately broke down in tears as two servants opened the doors and picked Fate up. The last thing that Fate saw as the servants tore Fate from the room, was his father comforting his mother, who was wearing a cold smile that no one but him could see.

17