The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 58 – Improbable Foundation(3)
849 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate jolted up from his cot, frantically scanning everything around him. After seeing that he was back in his room, with its lack of pitch-black seas, disembodied arms, and eternal lack of warmth, he let out a heavily exaggerated sigh of relief and plopped back onto his back.

 

However, when he had nearly fully laid back down, he felt a prick in his back, causing him to let out a short yelp in response.

 

-F*CK! The hell was that?!

 

He immediately forced himself back up and began sliding his hands across the fabric, angrily trying to find that which would deny him rest, while silently praying that no one had been around to hear his outburst.

 

He found what he believed to be the cause rather quickly, pulling his hand close to his face which revealed two small red stones, which seemed to sparkle when he turned them. Fate was bewildered, surely he hadn’t managed to sleep this long with gemstones poking into his back, right?

 

A disgruntled Fate quickly pointed the blame at Jacob, after all the man seemed to be some sort of sadist and a childish prank didn’t seem beneath him. At this realization, Fate felt a chill run up his spine, his mind quickly showing him nightmarish visions of all the possibilities that could have played out, instead of just putting stones in his bed…

 

-...Crazy f*cker...Ok, ok just ignore it, Fate! Remember, he’s going to be your teacher so that means to show zero fear...just keep imagining punching him in the face, yes…

 

Fate began rubbing his hands together in glee, imagining a ‘glorious’ vision in which he stood victorious over Jacob, repeatedly punching him in the face with the same sick smile that he had been subject to in their previous encounters.

 

He seemed to completely forget about the pain he had previously felt, almost instantly turning his attention towards the somewhat lofty goal of smacking his soon-to-be mentor across the face, while beginning to slowly dance around and smile madly. It was a wonder that Fate could be so optimistic, but perhaps it was just insanity, only now beginning to kick in.

 

However, he instantly stopped dead in his tracks when he began to hear a cute, childish chuckle from behind himself. He craned his neck slowly, gradually becoming more and more aware of Liza, who was flailing around on the floor while covering her face with her hands...

 

-...Lord, please erase the last minute of my life from history, please by all that is holy and good, please do it now! Seriously, she had to pick now of all times to times to show up?!

 

Liza’s cheeks continued to grow redder, and eventually, she couldn’t hold it in anymore, breaking down further into a loud fit of laughter while Fate’s darkened expression loomed over her. It only took a moment for her to stop after realizing that Fate had begun to crack his knuckles, while red and blue energies crackled in the air…

 

She quickly pulled herself to her feet and dusted herself off, before giving a curt bow and assuming a polite smile. Fate disliked this unnatural smile, but as he was still embarrassed, he felt that this was at least somewhat deserved.

 

Liza: “Apologies, my lord. This humble servant begs your forgiv…”

 

Fate: “Don’t you dare! Just...knock before you come in next time, ok?! You don’t have to put up the act while you’re with me, besides I’m pretty sure that you hate it too, right?”

 

Liza’s trademark smile spread across her face as she thrust herself towards Fate, pouncing on him before he was able to make an attempt to get away! 

 

Fate: “Liza!”

 

She landed on top of Fate, wrapping him in a large hug while cuddling him like a doll. Fate did not reject her, instead attempting to savor the warmth that came from her body. Clearly, just a few hours in that bleak world would force him to this state, thus he resolved himself to discover the secrets behind that world. 

 

-I just need to either have that gate able to open all the time or somehow avoid the entire place altogether...which, admittedly, I’m reluctant to do since I still want to explore a place that isn’t just...one house!

 

Liza continued to nuzzle into Fate’s chest while laughing and yawning, but Fate kept repeatedly forcing himself to sit through it. As long as something unexpected didn’t happen, it would be absolutely fine...

 

Liza: “I’m going to stay here forever...haaaa…”

 

-She's just being an overly clingy friend...just think about the dark world...This isn’t so bad...this isn’t so bad...it doesn’t bother me...it doesn’t...just focus on…!

 

Liza: “I wonder what Lord Jacob’s reaction will be when he sees us here? I look forward to it, young master.~”

 

An unexpected problem arose.

...

Dudes...I am so proud of us....for today is a momentous day...today, the story officially managed to climb over 800 views in a single leap! Not to mention that there’s over 16k views, there’s almost 200 FAVORITES!!! Thank you dudes so much, thanks Starlight, Aregulus, Faso, Desala, xxjynxx, TP0, Roxtos, 1wwwww, Hugs, turl, Namuza, Bjorn, Bunny, AMENOLITY, Medicine, Matt, Completionist, and most recently Fuxy(who seems to be trying to become the voice of logic for our merry band of isekai  scientists(in of we don’t obey logic because plot) which seems a little nostalgic, just like Starlight in his youth...like a month ago so it’s nice to see someone interested enough to question it, no that isn’t sarcasm nor am I trying to insult anyone because we are all fellow novel nerds!) for reading and to the first four for commenting to show their support, I love you space cadets, onward with the story!!!???

17