The Familiar of Fate: Sidestory 2 – Meanwhile with the Witch of Fate(3)
743 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As her voice rang out, a misty, pale-blue aura engulfed the area around the Witch. Luna bent her head down towards the Witch, her long head of snow-white hair falling to where it nearly touched the floor. Her enormous figure was bent down from the chair, forcing the Witch to crane her neck upwards to meet her gaze. 

 

Looking through the Witch’s screens, the serene figure of Luna could still be clearly seen, acting as she had moments before she posed her question. If the Witch had looked up, she would have seen the goddess’ figure, frozen in place as if a ghost were standing in for her.

 

-An『Illusory Field, huh? I wasn’t aware that she was quite this desperate to keep her ‘test’ under wraps...this will just make it easier for me to carry through with my plan later, though. However, that she would dare do it within the sanctity of another god’s divine realm...her confidence is truly chilling...

 

Both gods gave each other gentle smiles, however, the other gods were still seemingly frozen in place, and did not notice what was occurring beneath them. However, underneath the exterior, for the Witch at least, was a genuine malice and hatred for the goddess she laid eyes upon.

 

-I’m sure that at least some lesser members of the council have realized that there will be definite restrictions on which of us will be capable of summoning, and the upper echelon has all but guaranteed that they will have their free choice of ‘heroes,’ much to my displeasure...But of all the inane, ridiculous choices to make...why did it have to be this one…?

 

The Witch felt like rubbing her temples in frustration but kept her seemingly gentle gaze locked on Luna. Looking into her eyes, one would, straightaway, notice the obvious crescent patterns that adorned her pupils, these eyes now locked onto her would-be prey...

 

Luna: “Dear sister, it does my heart well to see you well. Though, I was surprised that you would attend another gathering of this scale. I apologize for my actions, however, as you know, I am prone to anxious behaviors...”

 

-To clarify that statement, ‘I’m surprised that a sacrifice such as yourself would attend an event for glorious figures such as myself.’ She clearly has no idea how noticeable her vulgar intentions are...However, I should play along, at least for now.”

 

Witch: “Indeed, my beloved sister. I did not believe that there would be another meeting of the council so soon, but I heeded the call as requested. After all...I want to make sure that I at least know the decisions that will be made regarding my power...my life…”

 

The Witch brought out a dismal tone and crestfallen expression, giving off the impression that she truly had resolved herself to her fate. At this false display, the Moon Goddess attempted to console her.

 

Luna: “Sister, you must have confidence and stay still your woeful heart, for if you cannot even believe in yourself to survive...to prosper in the time to come, then we cannot have faith in ourselves that we can overcome this threat...you must be strong.”

 

Luna gave her a benevolent smile and received a grin in turn. 

 

Witch: “I shall endeavour to do so, but what was it that you wanted of me?”

 

The goddess stopped her benevolent smile, her expression becoming extremely grave…

 

Luna: “...It has already been arranged by the council, but have the matters I set in play...gone unnoticed…?

 

Her hesitation seemed rather forced, but her tone seemed sincerely anxious. At this, the Witch gave her a knowing smile, causing the moon goddess to give a barely noticeable sigh of relief. She nodded to the Witch, taking up her gentle smile, once more, before returning to her original position on her throne.

 

 At that moment, the mist surrounding them cleared and most of the figures that had been frozen, continued their conversations as if nothing had happened. However, quite a few seemed to notice that something was off, yet shrugged it off and proceeded with the rest.

 

-I truly wish that her troublesome and unpleasant existence would cease soon, however, I can only attempt to guide my little familiar to act in my stead...The situation I have placed him in...I suppose that I’ll check on it when I am able to. Rest, for now, my little familiar, for soon the gears of fate will begin to move.~

 

While continuing her own inner dialogue, the assembly proceeded smoothly and ended with each scheming god returning to their own realms to take precautions for what was to come, while the Witch madly grinned, feeling sure that she that was ahead of all of them.

...

11