The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 74 – Once Upon a Time(6)
405 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Witch of Fate: “This simple, heartfelt question awakened something within the God of Life, something warm and unknown, which began to fill the void intentionally left by its creator. The titan had created kin for itself to light the darkness and to survive, but that by no means meant that it would trust those it had created…”

A small series of waves rippled throughout the green orb’s core, flickering pulses of continually increasing brightness and purity. Fate wondered what this feeling that the Witch described as…‘warm and unknown’ that could cause this reaction.

As the dim surface of the green orb gradually began to clear, small pools of shimmering substances could be seen, swimming beneath the surface, the auras of these two beings, which had only somewhat interacted on the very fringes, now began to more directly intertwine, slowly wrapping around each other…

Witch of Fate: “A bond now began to form between these two beings, a connection imperceivable, yet brought with it a whole new level of understanding. The titan had purposefully, and unintentionally in the case of the God of Creation, utilized opposing aspects of his soul when crafting these entities. There was to be no sense of fidelity among their number, only to himself, thus he created flaws in each of their characters that would contradict one another, causing them to turn to him for their own sake, it was to be his means of keeping control over them…”

-...So...the giant purposely removed all sense of kinship so that they would vie for his attention and not disobey him…? That doesn’t sound at all rational...but I guess when you’re dying, you make a few mistakes, in this case, a ‘fatal few.’

The purple and green entities began to draw closer, their forms beginning to further clarify as their respective colors merged…

Green: “You want us to be perfect...together...but is it an achievable goal for...the two of us…?”

A strange swirl of various colors appeared within the body of the God of Creation, violently bouncing and crashing against each other. Seemingly in response to the God of Life’s question, these lights suddenly aligned, while they began to glow simultaneously.

Witch of Fate: “Though it didn’t know it, the change within itself was caused by both itself and by this newfound connection. As an embarrassingly tacky ‘artist’ back in your world, I think you should know this…”

The orbs now floated only mere inches apart, their bodies continuing to brighten all the while. The cores within them had brightened, even more, causing them to appear almost blindingly bright!

Their auras had nearly fully merged, their forms now began to break down and meld into each other, and their cores began to center themselves parallel to each other…
Witch of Fate: “A creation is never born from a single thought, rather it is the culmination of hopes and dreams that forsake a horrid reality for a brighter tomorrow!”

A blinding light overcame Fate’s vision, as a burst of intertwined purple and green illuminated the darkness around them!

Fate was blinded for a while before being able to see anything besides the blinding white light that had flooded the theater. He struggled and squinted, hoping to see what had become to those two strange beings…

And then he saw it, two glowing orbs, one purple and one green, and the vague outline...of a human silhouette…
...

4