The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 76.5 – Once Upon a Time(8.5)
378 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

???: “I am, your brothers!~”

The strange being of purple and green began waving its hand rapidly, seemingly causing a tornado to break out in the space behind it! However, despite the fears of the ‘gods,’ the being seemed to nervously stop what it was doing, before quelling the storm with a sheepish grin on its face.

???: “Sorry, sorry I don’t know my strength...we don’t know ‘our’ strength, yet! Now, since you’re stunned, I’ll say it again, I am your brothers.”

The frightened gods remained silent, not daring to risk incurring their creator or this new being’s wrath, even if it claimed to be their ‘siblings.’ Although, it seemed one of them hesitated on his attitude towards the latter…

Blue: “...A-are you r-really...Gr-reen…?”

???: “I don’t believe one of our names is ‘Gr-reen,’ but we do possess an occupant who goes by ‘Life,’ would you like to speak to them?~”

Red: “Don’t be absurd, Blue! Our brother was eliminated by his hubris and...our cowardice...in this space, there may somehow be creatures with the ability to imitate him, however, we shall not be…!”

The red being was interrupted by the strange being, who had suddenly started to vibrate and convulse! All three ‘gods’ looked on, terrified at the horrific display they believed was about to happen…

Instead, the humanoid form seemed to grow distorted, finally disappearing as two individual orbs that hovered parallel to each other took its place. The ‘gods’ were shocked at the sudden reappearance of their supposedly dead sibling, and his strange counterpart.

Indeed, the strange being who was able to throw down with the titan was the two ‘gods,’ Life and Creation, however, their appearances differed greatly from before their fusion.

Before, Life had been a mere ball of light, dull and shapeless. However, what emerged before his siblings was a resplendent, bright green, kite-shaped gem with numerous luminescent strands of light, forming vines and other plants as they wrapped his body, as well as a single eye that contained a single purple slit, above his core…

Creation, on the other hand, who had originally been comprised of an even-duller core than Life’s, coupled with the bizarre display of emerging and decaying limbs, had become something similar, yet different. His appearance now consisted of his usual purple orb body, but it had lost its rapid growth of appendages, gained a brighter luster, and now possessed a single human eye…

Life: “I was nearly destroyed, yes, but it seems that our creator’s arrogance and ignorance far outshines my own, which allowed ‘Creation’ to assist me.”
Creation: “I’m going to stop you there…‘assist?’ I believe that my saving you qualify as less of ‘assistance’ and more as saving you from your big mouth, wouldn’t you agree?”

A creepy grin suddenly appeared on the purple orb’s front, causing his counterpart to roll its eye.

Life: “Fine, fine...He plucked me from my certain demise, which was brought on by my inability to regulate my ability to identify contradictions and foreshadowing...Happy now?”

The green orb spoke in an exasperated tone, but it didn’t seem displeased.

Creation: “A bit snarky, but it’ll do...for now.”

Suddenly, below them, the distraught titan seemed to be regaining its bearings, frightening the beings that floated overhead. Life and Creation had a lot they wanted to discuss with their siblings, and vice versa, but…

Life: “It seems that we’ll have to give our creator a sound thrashing...but I’d be lying if I said it would be easy with just the two of us…”

Creation: “We can try our best, I guess that’s all I can think to say in this situation. Oh, and you guys are free to jump in anytime, alright? Preferably sooner than later, but that’s just me, bye!”

The two beings came together, and in a flash of light, the being who had shattered its creator's hopes and dreams emerged! It looked down upon their father, who now turned his furious glare towards them. It seemed that their battle had only just begun. Meanwhile, Fate, who had become stagnant like a corpse, now began to stir...
...

And since I didn't post when I should've, today is a GUARANTEED double chapter day, enjoy in a few hours.

3