The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 95 – He Doesn’t Need You…Neither Do I(1)
314 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate lifted the Witch in the air, carrying her unmoving frame to the edge of the platform, a sick smile stretching across his face as the lightning illuminated it and his tears with its sinister glow…

 

The creature, who was currently skipping around the other side of the platform in joy, suddenly stopped dead in its tracks as a multitude of radiant purple lines made their way through its body, searing its flesh from the inside out!

 

The Witch, in contrast to the teary-eyed and mentally unstable Fate and the now suffering creature, continued to remain calm, not even letting out a single languished breath as her eyes focused squarely on the creature, ignoring Fate as if he wasn’t even there, despite his grip.

 

This only served the further infuriate Fate, peeling the smile off his face and replacing it with the audible grinding of his teeth as he lifted the Witch over the edge, dangling her boy over the black sea, midnight blue lightning now electrifying and illuminating every inch of the desolate world…

 

And yet, the Witch still kept her eyes locked on the creature, slowly tracing upwards across his body, which was followed by the continued spread of the burning veins. Fate tightened his grip around her throat, feeling the bones in his hands throb in pain as he continued to push them, but to no avail. 

 

Fate: “WHY?!!?”

 

Despite his tearful and furious shout, coupled with his increasingly constricting grasp of her throat, the Witch continued to ignore him, staring at the suffering creature, whose black flesh was sizzling and being penetrated by needles of purple flames that extended from the similarly colored veins…

 

Fate angrily turned his attention towards the creature, taking in every detail of its suffering. However, his gaze frequently shifted between the figure in his hands and the one writhing in agony on the ground, it seemed as though he was conflicted about what move he would make next. And yet, spurred on by his fury at the Witch’s extreme lack of interest, his tearful gaze became sharpened like a hawk’s.

 

He pulled his arms back, dragging the Witch behind him as he slowly walked towards the creature’s spot on the ground…

 

Fate: “craz...crazy! f*ck...not...I’M not...c-crazy! Damn...doll...barbie girl-power...unfeeling plastic sh*t! I...just need to get rid of it...YES, MY PLAN IS EXCELLENT!!!~”

 

The Witch now turned her attention for a brief moment, watching as Fate dragged her along while beginning to ramble, mutter under his breath, and yell with a slight smirk on her face.

 

Upon reaching the creature’s spot on the platform, where it was still struggling to keep the strange lines at bay, which had now nearly reached the tip of its chin, Fate threw the Witch to the ground, watching as her body slammed against the hard surface of the platform as he stood over his current tormentors…

Fate: “Hey, apparition thing…”

 

He spoke coldly to the creature, as it looked up to him with confusion and hope in its struggling vision, while the Witch had yet to make an attempt to move. Suddenly, Fate snapped his fingers, causing a narrow bolt of dark lightning to strike down from above, entering the creature’s body! 

 

???: “AGHHHH...Y...OU...DIRTY...MOTHER...FU…!!!”

 

Smoke began to erupt from the creature’s flesh, followed by the lightning that had penetrated its body, somehow snuffing out the purple glow as the creature’s body settled…

 

It seemed as though the creature’s suffering had ended, as its constant trashing ceased and its muffled yells faded. A smile began to form on its face…

 

???: “I mean...buddy!~ You saved me from this dirty whore’s torment, delivering me from her unjust flames, I knew I could count on you!~”

 

However, Fate did not respond, instead raising his outstretched hand to the sky with an expressionless look on his face, as the Witch began to turn her head towards him. The creature seemed visibly disturbed by this behavior, the smile on its face wavering ever so slightly...

 

???: “Hey...uh, buddy...I couldn’t help but notice that you haven’t stopped looking at me this whole time...you feeling alright?~”

 

The ashen clouds above began to coalesce, forming into a crackling swirl of violent lightning and slashing winds! The smile on the creature’s face began to sink, as a deranged smile appeared on the face of Fate…

 

???: “You’re...still angry about...the flashback, aren’t you...look I can see...that you might be upset with me for that, but…!~”

 

Suddenly, the creature found Fate’s foot firmly digging itself into the spot where its head had once resided, squashing it into a pile of darkened paste, which still squirmed and pulsated despite its current state. Fate quickly retracted his foot, watching as the creature struggled to simultaneously restore its head and patch the hole in its chest! 

 

He continued to smile, as he, once again, slammed his foot into the half formed black skull, feeling it squirm under him! He repeated the process again and again, stomping the squirming creature’s body as it continued to attempt to repair itself!

 

Meanwhile, the Witch looked above at her gate spell, which had almost been completely reform, allowing her to again see the lands well beyond the Schneider territory, and piercing further and further through the layers of reality until an image of her home began to form in the watery disc-like gate…

 

However, before the image could fully form…

 

[Boom!]

 

A massive crack rang out from the skies above, heralding the release of a colossal swarm of midnight-blue lightning that converged at a single, blade-like edge as it rocketed towards the platform! 

 

[Zzztztzzztztzzzt!!!] 

 

The buzzing of the lightning reached their ears as the electrically-clad blade tore through the Witch’s gate reducing the radiant indigo mana to ashes, while continuing to carve through the air, towards Fate’s outstretched hand as the creature’s eyes widened and the Witch’s eyes narrowed!

 

[ZZTZZTTZZTTZZZZTTT!!!!]

 

The hulking mass of darkened lightning soon hung right over Fate’s head, with the creature watching as the electrical blade came within inches of piercing Fate’s skull!

 

However, the lightning suddenly disappeared, vanishing into a black mist...and in its place, in Fate’s hand, now rested an ominous, continuously sparking, dark dagger…

...

 

6