The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 96 – He Doesn’t Need You…Neither Do I(2)
310 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The creature, wide-eyed, could only gaze up in horror at the now electrified Fate, watching as the lightning seemed to wash over him, obscuring his appearance while the dagger in his hand became clearer…

The Witch, as opposed to the creature, maintained her cool but allowed some strange sense of elation to be seen in her eyes, as the smirk on her face slowly widened into a smile.

[zzzttzztztztztzztzzt]

The lightning that now engulfed Fate’s entire body began to slowly fade, revealing a new figure in his place. This figure seemed to bear a striking resemblance to the young man, though his skin was ghostly pale and pulsing with dark blue light. Unlike the creature’s imitation, however, this form did not possess an abundance of wounds.

The young man’s jawline was sharper, his hair had changed from a blood-stained brown to black, and his ocean blue eyes had become icy. It almost appeared as if a grown-up Fate had emerged from the lightning, though the creature didn’t seem to be thinking of this, rather it was desperately racking its mind for a way to escape him…

However, before it could attempt any such action, the tall figure of Fate in front of him vanished!

???: “W-what the hell?! Wher...W-where did you go?!? Answer m…!”

[Ztzztztttzzztzzttt!!!]

Suddenly, the creature found the black flesh at what appeared to be the base of its neck, boiling as lightning crackled and sparked from its backside! The creature quickly turned its neck 180 degrees to attack Fate, sure that it would have him wailing under its slimy grip within moments, only to be met with the same black sky, crackling with dark blue lightning that it had already seen from its front.

Dug into its neck, was the electrified, midnight blue dagger that Fate had been wielding just moments prior, meaning that Fate had moved so fast that even the creature couldn’t keep up! The creature began to heave breaths, hyperventilating as he heard the sound of someone clearing their throat…

It, once again, snapped its neck around, now completing a full 360-degree spin as it was again faced with the same black sky it had seen previously, still feeling the dagger continuing to release its energies into its body. However, it noticed something, the Witch, who still had yet to move, save for her head, was currently staring at the creature, with a smirk still plastered on her face.

A gaping maw, filled with serrated fangs appeared from the space between the creature’s stomach and throat, as it grabbed the Witch by the hair, lifting her off the ground!

???: “WH...ERE IS HE...?!! I KN...OW T...HAT Y...OU KN...O...W, N...OW... TELL ME!!!”
The creature’s distorted voice rang as it yelled at the Witch, its maw spewing a mess of black gunk onto her face, which seemed to pass through her without any resistance.

[Giggle]

The Witch began to laugh for a short time before turning her gaze away from the creature’s face, directing her amused eyes towards the sky. The creature attempted to follow her gaze, but what it saw shocked it…

Witch of Fate: “You realize that you could have been a little more civil, and not have interrupted my second casting of my『Return Gate』spell.”

Hovering above the platform, seated on an all too familiar crystalline staff was a second Witch of Fate! Stunned, the creature, for a third time, snapped its neck downward, directing its now wide-eyed gaze to the figure that it still held in its hands…

Fate: “I could’ve...but I really don’t like you...and I’m gonna be coming up there to attempt killing a god, soon!~”

Fate’s voice echoed from a black hole, which had begun to emerge and gradually expand in the first Witch’s head, as tightly clenched, electrically-clad dagger shot out, digging itself into the creature’s large yellow eye!

???: “A..GGhh..HHH!!!”

The creature screamed, desperately grabbing at the hilt of the dagger, attempting to free it from his renewed injury, but to no avail!

Meanwhile, the hole in the fake Witch’s head began to grow even larger, eventually consuming the entire body that it once dwelled on, as it slowly disintegrated into a black mist, which Fate casually walked out of…

Fate: “Hey, buddy, you miss me?~ Admit it, you missed me!~”

A large golden eye suddenly emerged from Fate’s forehead, while a psychotic grin formed on his face. He then raised both of his arms towards the eye, chuckling as he formed a triangle around using his fingers.

Fate: “I see that you’ve lost a certain something, would ya’ like some help looking for it?~”

The creature, though its eye had been completely burnt by the continuous voltage, angrily growled in his direction, while the Witch watched this scene unfold with a microscopically smaller smile than the one Fate had presented to the creature while imitating her.
Fate brought his foot down on the creature, watching and feeling as it slowly sunk into the slimy, burnt black flesh. He continued to lower, his body bending as he sunk further and further in, while he extended his arm towards the sparking dagger, as he proceeded to rip it out of the eyehole that gushed with black blood…

He now raised his arm, his image blurring as the clouds erupted with lightning, renewing its charge as it now began to soar towards the Witch!

Fate dug one of his hands into the area around his third eye, quickly removing it and screwing it into the creature’s face, much to its continued displeasure as it barred its maw of fangs at him. However, he paid no attention to this, instead, bringing his head down further to match its furious glare while a massive explosion of midnight blue lightning blocked the Witch’s view...

Fate: “Now then...what are you?~”
...

 

Sorry it's late, I got held up with math. The next chapter will be post in 5 to 6 hours, depending on when I get back from the Warhammer 40k store.

4