Sword & Bloodline Evolution
1.9k 16 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May your meals be delicious and fulfilling and your rooms cozy and warm!
Hella lot blue boxes ahead!

I also don't know how to fix the scrollbar by the side of the page btw. I don't even know how that happened...  any fixes in the comments appreciated!

+78500 XP
+100 Blood Essence
You have reached Level 49

Masamune kept seeing blue boxes like this every other day pop into existence in her dark world.

Every time she cut through another prey, this blue box appeared, telling her weird numbers and words she somehow could understand.

When she was still young, she ignored them completely, simply because she know didn't what they did. Besides, she was much too hungry to care about some arbitrary blue floating box that did nothing.

Now, most of her view in her dark world was covered by glowing blue boxes, each saying something different.

It was starting to get annoying.

+9000 XP
+20 Blood Essence

Another one. This time, she focused on the blue box that appeared in her vision and swiped at it. Her blade that made up her soul went through it harmlessly, though it did fizzle out of existence shortly later.

Success!

She then began slashing at the other blue boxes that had the same words and numbers on them. She didn't need to know how much "XP" or "Blood essence" she had each time she ate another prey.

Cutting out most of the clutter, she was now still left with half a hundred notifications left. She focused on one and it told her that she had leveled up to 37. 

She was currently level 49, so she had no need for these notifications either.

Cutting out another 47 notifications, she was now left with 3.

Your first evolution is available for reaching level 10.
Please choose from the following.


[Wind Sword] (Rare):
"Flow like the wind"
Become attuned to the element of [Wind], making your wielder swifter, and your swings faster. Unlocks new [Wind] attuned abilities as your level and bonds progress, and unlocks the [Wind] attuned evolution path.
Unlocks [Fleet of Foot] immediately. 


[Aqua Sword] (Rare):
"Swept away by the stream"
Become attuned to the element of [Water], making your wielder's stances more fluid, and their forms and skills faster and easier to complete. Unlocks new [Water] attuned abilities as your level and bonds progress, and unlocks the [Water] attuned evolution path.
Unlocks [Calm Spring] (Passive) immediately. 


[Blood Sword II] (Unique):
"Tempered with Blood"
Increasing attunement of the sub-element [Blood], unlocks your wielder's innate bloodline or constitutions. Unlocks new [Blood] attuned abilities as your level and bonds progress, and progress in the [Blood] attuned evolution path. Starts the creation of a Homunculus body.
Unlocks [Bloodline Activation Art] immediately.


[Aqua-Wind Sword] (Unique):
"Blessed by both spirits"
Become attuned to the dual elements of [Water] and [Wind], bringing the benefits of both [Wind] and [Water] to your wielder. Unlocks abilities from both [Wind] and [Water] as your level and bonds progress, and unlocks new rarer evolution paths down the Dual element path.
Unlocks [Calm Spring], [Fleet of Foot], and [Mind & Sword] immediately. 

After quite a bit of reading, Masamune immediately chose [Blood Sword II]. The other options just weren't as appetizing to her. She really loved the taste of blood, plus, she had been born a blood sword, so choosing anything else was going against her own identity as herself.

[Blood Sword II] chosen.
Unlocked [Bloodline Activation Art]
Eta: 1~ Min to completion. 

Masamune felt a small lump appear near where her handle met her blade. She didn't know it yet, but Frel immediately noticed the blood-red gem that appeared there. He didn't know what to do with it and just ignored it. After all, he was still trying to get rid of her to no avail.

Soon, a minute passed and Masamune felt quite good. She felt that her stomach was larger than before, meaning she would be able to hold more blood. She had to spend several days absorbing all the blood from that hole before, but now she didn't need to!

She also felt much stronger now. Her swings were smoother, she could reattach to her wielder from much further away, and a general sense of omnipotence filled her.

She liked this feeling. Pulling another one of the blue screens towards her, she skimmed through the box until she found [Blood Sword III] and immediately chose it. 

[Blood Sword III] chosen.
Unlocked: [Blood To Fuel], [The Eyes Beyond] (Passive)
Eta: 3~ minutes

Masamune felt another change coming to her. Her once-dark world was pierced by a single beam of bright light that slowly expanded.

She hissed in return, trying to cut it. Soon, the expansion accelerated, as nearly half of her world has been engulfed by the light. She tried to hide, but the light soon engulfed her as well.

Bathing in the light, she realized that she had eyes now. Positioned right atop the crimson gem, an etched eye appeared, unknown to Frel.

Masamune could see now. She could see! Colors of all different sorts and shapes flooded into her vision, and she took great delight in seeing new colors whenever Frel moved around. 

She also learned that the blood she drank was Red, as seen when Frel swung her into another creature.

Maybe the light isn't so bad... She thought. 

She still didn't have a way to contact her wielder, so she was content with just watching wherever he wanted to go. 

But before that, she wanted to try out that new ability she gained. Who knows what it'll do? That's part of the fun, right?


Frel slashed through another monster that had tried to attack him. By now, his instincts and battle knowledge had grown exponentially ever since that day, but he was neither joyous nor happy about that fact, especially since it came at the cost of his entire life.

Besides, he wanted to see the outside world first. At least, see it before he died, just so that he can tell stories about it when he meets his little sister again.

He had no way of knowing which way was which, but he just went south of his town, several bottles of Maple wine in stock, and hoped for the best.

There were lots of monsters around here, but none that he couldn't deal with. 

Sipping on his Maple wine, he suddenly felt itchy underneath his skin.

[Masamune] has activated [Bloodline Activation Art]
Your blood has been analyzed.
Level requirement met.
Hidden racial evolution unlocked: [Hob-Goblin] —> [Arch-Goblin]

 
Initiating evolution. 
Eta: 7 Hours, 42 Minutes, and 37 seconds.

"Fuck-" Was all Frel could say before he faceplanted into the mud like a brick, unconscious.

The maple wine that he was drinking dropped to the floor, dumping the viscous fluid onto the forest floor.

He had already cleared most of the monsters within his general vicinity already, so the chances of a stray monster attacking him were low. Besides, Masamune was now glowing a deep red when she saw her user passing out, letting out such an aura of death that nothing even dared to get close to them.

Masamune watched as Frel's body cracked and contorted in ways that shouldn't happen, as bones pierced outside his skin, before being wrapped around by flesh and covered by new skin.

His green skin grew a little bit paler, a shade of light green now, as his ears became pointy. 

She could see a lot of blood being leaked out of his body and ate it up. He wouldn't need it anyways. She was recycling it anyways since she provided him with more blood if he did need it.

Soon, the process was over, Frel's once short and stocky body becoming taller and bulkier. She felt that Frel is roughly the same size as her previous user, Davis, now. 

But Frel didn't wake up, so she checked on him, worried.

He was still fine and beating blood, so she waited patiently for him to finish sleeping so that they can explore more of the world now.

She was just admiring how pretty the night sky was with all of its stars, the 2 big glowing orbs in the sky when she felt Frel move.

He was awake.

 

Author here! Lots and lots of blue boxes took a while, but I had to do the evolution thing at some point. Masamune, with each level, gains a bit more intelligence so she was bound to figure out what the blue boxes did, and I wanted to get the evolution stuff out of the way, since there may be some strong people in the future. Frel evolution too because yes. The grand journey out (deeper) into the forest begins next chapter!

As always, thanks for reading, do tell me if there are any mistakes or grammar issues/plot stuff I overlooked, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Author out!

*bows*
*exits*

105