Aftermath
1.7k 12 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir!" A goblin saluted as he entered the room.

"Aye?" A bearded goblin raised his eyebrow at the soldier. He put his book down, and took off his reading glasses.

"Something is approaching fast through the sky sir!" 

"Tch, then shoot 'em down then!" Suddenly, the door burst open as another goblin rushed in, exhausted and panicking.

"S-sir!" He did a hasty salute. "Speak, what's wrong?" 

"A-a Wyvern is approaching!" Immediately, the bearded goblin stood up. "You! Summon the grand Shaman!" He pointed at the first goblin.

"And you tell the elders to prepare the best livestock we have and lead it outside the walls." He motioned to the exhausted goblin.

"Sir!" Both of them saluted, before exiting at the same time.

The bearded goblin rubbed a green emerald tied around his neck. "Don't screw this up." 

He readied his blade and armor. If everything goes to shit, as long as he challenges the Wyvern to a duel and put up a good enough fight, it will spare the town. 

Within minutes, he was outside by the wall, pushing past the bunched-up soldiers each hawking at the Wyvern. 

"MEN! POSITIONS!" He yelled and they obeyed. Immediately, the crowd dispersed, each as uneasy as the last.

Soon, the gates were opened and several prized Boars and Chickens were let out, held tight by their caretaker's handles.

"I was told there would be a Wyvern?" A voice said behind him.

"Aye. Reckon a couple more minutes." They both watched as the menacing figure got ever closer, its black and red scales glowing like molten rock.

[Familiar summon- Fire Elemental (LVL 74)]

A fireball the size of a melon appeared near the Shaman, a pair of glowing eyes emerging from it. 

"I want you to help me translate for the Wyvern." The Shaman told the fireball. It nodded.

*Fwooshhh~* A huge gust of wind blew against the walls, making them creak and groan.

"May your flame be eternally bright. What can this humble one do for you, kin of the Dragons?" The fireball spoke in a language that the goblins could not understand.

The Wyvern snorted. "May yours be too. I am here to fulfill a wish from my challenger." It pushed out a large coffin with its clawed foot. 

"The Wyvern wishes to fulfill a wish from one of its challengers." The fireball said to the Shaman. 

"And that is?"

"Provide him with a Goblin's burial, fit for a warrior. Know that this one was strong enough to damage me." From its other foot, it threw a small collection of damaged Wyvern scales. She had no need for those anymore.

"You will provide the deceased with a Goblin's burial. He had managed to hurt the Wyvern, but still died in the end." At those words, the Shaman's eyes went wide. 

How high of a level?! "Ask the Wyvern how high was the challenger, please." 

"The Eared one wishes to know of the challenger's level.

"The Goblin was level 152.

Nodding, it relayed the rest of the information to the Shaman. 

"A hero...level 152..." He murmured, enraptured by the coffin. 

"I will be going now. May you never extinguish, little flame." The Wyvern grabbed a couple of boars from the caretakers, and with a gust of its wings, flew off into the distance.

The fireball nodded in return, before popping out of existence, de-summoned by the Shaman.

"I'm assuming it went well, considering how none of us died." The bearded goblin chuckled. 

"A hero's burial." The Shaman muttered. "What?" 

"The goblin that rests within is a hero." He turned to look at the bearded goblin. "Do you know what this means?! We can get past level 100! It was possible! It always was!" 

...


Masamune felt intimidated.

She could see the landscape below blend into an array of green, brown, and blue as they zoomed by at thousands of kilometers per hour. 

So, little sword, how did you come to be?

The Wyvern's voice entered her mind. She just had to think of something to reply to, which was convenient for someone with no mouth.

I only remember waking up in a wooden cart. 

Oh?

There were these people who felt like my past wielder but were more different. 

My first wielder was like them, but he died too.

What was his name?

Davis Fellwater

Davis Fellwater... ah, a human name, how interesting. 

The Wyvern didn't respond for some time.

Would you like another Human wielder, little sword? 

It is fine either way. Masamune replied. She didn't have a preference for who was her wielder, just as long as she could get blood and levels, she was fine. 

Alright. We are close to the human-settled lands anyways, so I'll drop you at a village. 

Okay. Masamune agreed. It was scary being with someone whos more than triple her current level. 

Masamune watched as they flew past the mountains, the drifting snow settling beautifully down on a pure white blanket.

Several minutes passed as Masamune only observed white, the Wyvern spoke to her again,

Little sword, would you like a reward?

What reward?

A drop of Wyvern's blood essence, willingly given. Blood given unwillingly is barely a fraction of what blood essence given willingly can do. So, do you want it?

For Masamune, she didn't even hesitate.

Yes.

Good choice. The Wyvern held the blade out with her foot and pricked herself.

You have absorbed a drop of [Wyvern's Pure Blood Essence]
Massive improvements to all stats.
+10 levels.
Containing at least 50% Draconic blood, future evolutions may be affected.

As Masamune tasted the blood, she became Euphoric. It was the single most tasty thing she had ever tasted, eclipsing everything she had so far. She savored every last bit of it, ignoring even the blue box as she relished the taste for several minutes. 

The Wyvern let out a chuckle as she let Masamune do her own thing. They were getting close now, the mountains themselves taking nearly half an hour to get past.

The other side of the mountain wasn't as lush as the previous, with it being a never-ending desert that stretched for thousands of kilometers.

It'll only take another few hours before the forests return, so she went back to talking with the sword, who seemed to be done being euphoric.

How was it, little sword?

DELICIOUS! How can I get more? She practically begged at this point.

Heh, although the others may not be as good, what you are tasting is Pure-blood essence, or as I call it, willing blood essence. You need someone to agree to you taking their blood essence, which is difficult to do since taking Pure-blood essence also takes away their levels, their stat points, and rarely, skills.

Oh. 

Indeed. The two stayed silent as the Wyvern sped up a little, the desert below zooming past. Soon, after another hour or so of flying, the first signs of green trees zipped by, and they soon found themselves in another forest. That too, sped by after another 10 minutes, with them soon finding vast grasslands.

The Wyvern flapped her massive wings and slowed down, their destination right above them. At this height, it was nothing more than just a small blip in the sea of greenery.

This is where we will part ways. I will drop you below, close to the village. However, you will have to wait for a wielder to pick you up, which is up to fate. No human would wield a sword given by a Wyvern, after all.

Goodbye... may we meet again! And with those words, Masamune was let go from the Wyvern's claws, falling extremely quickly and reaching terminal velocity soon.

With a massive shockwave, Masamune smashed into a hill, embedding herself deep into a rock, with only her handle sticking out. The immediate surrounding was cratered, and a zone of some 40 meters was evaporated.

Thankfully, her eye was pointed toward the village, which was not that far away. 

But now, all she had to do was wait.

She wondered what her new wielder would be like.

Hopefully, they get along.

Double chapter! As promised! New wielder incoming as well! Maybe we'll see the Wyvern again, maybe not. The Wyvern gave Masamune a huge gift as a reward for damaging her, since few weapons can even scratch dragon-kin scales, which speaks volumes of Masamune's bladesmith. Perhaps we'll see him later on. 

Anyways, author out!

*bows*
*exits*

 

112