ANNOUNCEMENT! -HIATUS-
736 6 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
As the title says. I will be marking my story as such as well. TLDR at the bottom for any who don't feel like reading my rant below, Im sorry.

With the conclusion of Charlotte's arc, I have decided to stop writing for a while. It was fun writing, how the characters and world from my mind would be put into word form for others to enjoy. I loved how I could reread it again, and imagine that world in reality, and expand on it whenever I felt like it.

But I didn't know the book would have as many people reading as I thought it would. At first, it was great, the combination of reader comments, views, and community interaction was really nice for a new writer. As the book became more popular, that changed. The feeling of having to be better and constant improvement was omnipresent because now there were just so many more people, especially how in the span of a few days, the number of views doubled. Now I know that views don't = readers, but it was hard to wrap my mind around.

Soon I began to wonder, what if the story wasn't good enough?  I wasn't good enough? Would people like the way I was taking my story? Should I do a rewrite for my first few chapters?

For those who have already read up here, you probably know how I tend to forget stuff. Small things, like forgetting to color some text, not making sure it was compatible with dark mode, or a typo. All of that weighed pretty heavily on my mind, especially when the error I did was so glaringly obvious I couldn't believe I did not catch that during editing and had to rely on my readers for that. 

Amplified by my perfectionist mindset, procrastination, and constant, daily, chapter uploads, it eventually just culminated in a sort of burnout. That does not include school and the need to score high on the SAT that could decide my future college and what I do.

The ideas were still there, but the ability to put them onto words wasn't. Every time I opened Scribblehub for the past few weeks, I would always get a sense of dread whenever I saw that I had notifications.

It didn't matter whether or not it was good or bad, the feeling of dread was always there. Eventually, though, I just forced myself to click on it in case I fucked up somewhere that I needed to fix. But after weeks of procrastination, writing, drafting, and editing in the last few hours of the day, and almost quitting and going silent, I decided to just finish Charlotte's arc to the best of my ability and go on Hiatus.

Of course, I will still post smaller lore-building stories in the Glossary throughout the entirety of my Hiatus, since that was my original goal in writing this story anyways. And I will also go back and fix some things that I don't think I am satisfied with as well. 

But...

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT! AND I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR GIVING MY STORY A TRY!

Its a consequence of my own actions really, for trying too hard and forcefully putting myself in positions like this.

It's an amazing feeling knowing you have people who support you with your endeavors, and it feels great! But I just can't keep writing like this, because I just know that there would be more and more holes the longer I continue. 

What I'm hoping for is that my Hiatus can help recharge myself and not literally kill my most beloved hobby. So really, rather than a hiatus to avoid burnout, it's more one to help my own sanity.

Again, I love all of you, please don't take this too seriously, I will be back eventually. Of course, I still hope that you can continue sending me support so I can improve! Writing to an audience that is dead silent, while good for my mental, is not good for my writing. Besides, I love the little stuff you do, it often really makes my day! (and please bonk me when I make silly mistakes when I come back, Ik for a fact that I will still do that) 

well... I'm done here. Dunno how long my Hiatus is, but probably long enough until my heart doesn't go 300 mph whenever I see the bell icon with a red notification. Maybe a couple of months to half a year+.  Or until school is finished. Hopefully, I don't die before I come back.

TLDR 

I am taking a Hiatus for my personal mental health. Due to a variety of factors, most notably the unexpected boon in popularity, it has taken its toll on my sanity and writing, which is beginning to affect my story. I will still continue to write short lore stories, and fix my previous chapter's mistakes/inconsistencies. Hiatus will take anywhere from a couple of months to half a year+. Thank you for sticking with me even as my writing deteriorated. Love yall. 

30