The Second Fragment (5)
861 11 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Atyx lay shattered on the ground, the top half of his body missing, golden Ichor pooled on the ground, with the Malformed Scions climbing over each other to try and get a sip of his blood.

Charlotte frowned. That was her blood! Slashing at the charred hands that came her way, she leaped across the battlefield, reaching Atyx's regenerating corpse within half a minute. Chunks of light formed around his wounds, rebuilding parts of himself. Charlotte used this chance to stab him a few times and let Masamune drain the Ichor pool dry.

"Back to Ichor." Taking the phrase beating a dead horse quite literally, she summoned spell after spell, dealing the most damage before Atyx can regenerate himself.

[Ichor Blade]
[Ichor Blade]
[Ichor Stake]

She had only managed to get in 3 attacks before Atyx fully reformed, his glistening body covered in his own Ichor. A wild and untamed beard fell down to his chest, and his glowing golden eyes pierced through her soul.

"You have skill, mortal. It is no wonder you have bested my previous fragment." Charlotte thought he was about to fight with his bare bloodied hands, before glowing balls of light formed at his palms once again. "However, I end your journey here. COME! FIGHT ME!"

At his words, a Great Shield and Great hammer made out of hard light appeared in his hands. A glowing halo encircled his head, and feathery white wings sprouted out of his body, making Ichor rain across the lands.

Charlotte didn't need to be told twice. 

[Draconic Shell]

Quickly switching to Dragon's blood to cast her spell shield, her runes glowed as she ran forward, dodging the first of his strikes. Atyx braced, and pushed forward, his shield slamming into her shield, knocking Charlotte back.

She shot sideways, kicking the ground behind her, narrowly missing the glowing hammer that pounded the ground, sending disgusting liquid flying everywhere. Charlotte utilized her wings and flew upwards, looking for a better vantage point. Atyx raised his shield in response.

He had expected her to circle around him, or maybe dive bomb his shield, but not for her to shoot straight down and move under his shield. Charlotte punished him for that line of thinking, driving Masamune through his guts, and proceeded to do the same thing she did to the last Atyx.

[Ichor Explosion]

The explosion used Atyx's own blood as fuel, causing an explosion many magnitudes of times stronger than what it could normally achieve. Her shell protected her from the ensuing explosion, propelling her backward for hundreds of meters. The body of the Atyx was still standing up straight, his entire stomach and half his chest area were blown clean through, the Ichor watering down like a waterfall.

Charlotte got back up and flew in once again. Only due to constant, unrelenting aggression can she kill Atyx. A defensive Atyx would eventually overpower if she was playing defensive too, due to his massive health pool, and his level. 

Swooping right through the middle of Atyx, she drained the Ichor from him, refilling Masamune's Ichor. Atyx clutched his stomach, now fully reformed, and glanced at Charlotte. "Hmph. T'is but a scratch." He hoisted his Great Hammer onto his shoulder, and held up his shield. 

His feet kicked into the dirt, and he barreled forward with wind building up in front of him. Charlotte flapped her wings and shot high in the sky, well past the danger zone as Atyx slammed the shield into where she once stood. He looked up, and Charlotte swooped down, deciding that while his shield was still on the ground, this was her chance.

Atyx grinned and swung his burly body, the Hammer whistling through the air, on a collision course straight for her. She flapped her wings incessantly, slightly slowing her diving speed as she tried to fly to the sides. But she was too late, and the Hammer caught her Shell, sending her flying along with it.

Small cracks formed throughout the Shell, but that was the least of Charlotte's worries, as the Hammer had also disappeared. Now several thousands of meters in the sky, she felt the sky rumble, and from above, a single spear of light slammed into her Shell. Charlotte was now suddenly speeding towards the earth at near terminal velocity, where seconds before she was being forcefully flung into the heavens.

The clouds beneath her parted, and she saw Atyx, standing near what seemed to be a golden stake, right where she would hit the ground. 

[Diamond Wall]
[Ichor Stake]

She aimed it right at the sides of the spear, pushing it away from her. Crashing down at 200 km/h, she slammed hard into the sides of the spear, shattering the last of her Shell.

A shadow cast over her face, Atyx's great hammer coming swinging down. 

[Draconic Shield]

The shell barely formed in a time before she was pounded into the ground by the hammer, a half-circular indent forming underneath her. The glowing white hammer stayed down, before rising up. Charlotte immediately leaped from underneath the hammer, making a beeline straight for Atyx's ankles.

"WHAT?!" He had no idea Charlotte managed to pull her shield off in time. He believed that she was close to death, judging from the shower of swords that quickly followed the hammer's raising. Unfortunately for him, that mistake cost him both of his legs, with his tendons severed, he lost all mobility and fell forward, barely held up by his Hammer.

He felt footsteps on his back. "NO!" He roared, as golden flames erupted from his spine, charring his own flesh. This was a last resort, as he would never hurt himself purposefully during a fight. Charlotte was forced to abandon her original plan, and with the fires burning through her Shell, she had only managed to escape with minor burns.

Well fine then, since she couldn't set off another Ichor explosion... 

[Ichor Laser]

Hundreds of glowing white magic circles materialized around Charlotte, bouncing a thin stream of Ichor around and around, focusing it at the tip of Masamune. Eventually, it shot forward with such a force that made Charlotte recoil, as the laser pierced Atyx, who was just trying to get back onto his own 2 feet. 

Blasting his lower spine away, Atyx once again fell down onto the fleshy ground with a mighty roar of anger, pain, and frustration. Charlotte was not going to give an angle to escape. 

[FIRES OF JUDGMENT]

A ring of golden white flame erupted around Atyx, cooking him alive, and preventing Charlotte from getting any closer. Atyx used this chance to attempt to regenerate, but Charlotte simply cast [Ichor Laser] again, strategically targeting his motor functions so that he simply cannot attack her.

And it was working perfectly. By consistently draining the Ichor from Atyx's body, she was able to keep this loop going 2 more times, even as Atyx launched spell after spell, fire after fire, trying to catch Charlotte off guard just one time and fry her alive. Charlotte didn't even have to do anything, she simply disabled Atyx and tried to move in, to which Atyx responded with a field of golden flame, roasting himself alive.

"MORTAL! FIGHT HONORABLY!" He screamed, as he used his arms and threw his Hammer of Light, it crashing into the soft ground hundreds of kilometers away. Unfortunately, it did not take Charlotte with it. Seeing that his hammer had disappeared, he summoned his Great Shield. It seems like in this state, he could only use one of his 2 weapons.

[Shield of Valor]

The Greatshield glowed as lines of golden runes lit up across it, Shielding himself from Charlotte as he began to reform his body.

This time, she decided not to waste her Ichor Lasers anymore, since the golden runes were the ones that absorbed her attacks. Attacking any more while it was up was a waste of Ichor, so she waited. 

LVL 2000 [Bastion Of Virtue]

HP: 42%

Waiting for the flames that reached far into the heavens to die out, she grinned as she remembered something a wise Vampire once told her. Blood magic was more powerful the more natural it was.

What else was more natural than the flowing blood of a living thing?

Seeming to peer into her mind, Masamune's avatar quickly coalesced in front of her. "You seem to have a good idea. Don't push yourself too hard."

"I won't... but first... Masamune, how do you feel about drinking my blood?" 

Masamune's head tilted to one side. "As long as its blood, I don't care."

"Alright." In a flash, a thick cut appeared on Charlotte's left arm, running from the tip of her wrist to the beginnings of her elbow, blood oozing out. 

The flames were suddenly snuffed out in a single go, and the reformed Atyx stood there, his hammer held high, ready to crush Charlotte into the sands. 

She began the casting of an Ichor explosion, but then dipped her glowing sword within her own blood, letting Masamune drink it. The once golden glow of her blade began turning a corroded, rusty crimson color, as all of the magic circles around her began rusting too. But the rusting, as far as she could tell, was not a bad sign, as several more blood-red magic circles appeared. The stream of Ichor that bounced between each circle would pick up minute traces of crimson, eventually becoming half gold, half scarlet in color.

Charlotte ran in, as Atyx met her charge with his own Shield, his hammer swinging in from the side. Just as she got close enough, Charlotte flapped her wings, sending her flying upwards over his shield. 

"See you never." She whispered as Charlotte stabbed Masamune into a fleshy indent on the forehead of Atyx, where his Light gem once resided.

[Ichor Explosion] [Tainted Explosion]
Reduces a Divine being's maximum HP when struck with [Tainted] abilities, by replacing a portion of their divine Ichor with dull mortal blood.

Atyx's eyes glowed bright white as he roared, his body erupting from the inside out as mortal blood mixed with divine Ichor, an unholy combination that should've never been conceptualized. Chunks of his flesh fell down to the ground, his wounds bled a mixture of both Ichor and crimson blood.

His lower half collapsed onto the ground as Charlotte jumped off, about to cast yet another spell. Suddenly, thousands upon thousands of translucent Ice pierced his remains, as yet another chasm ripped open beneath him. This time, he had neither the mouth nor the body to resist, as he was quietly pulled down into the icy darkness of the abyss.

LVL 2000 [Bastion Of Virtue] slain.
+888001391700 XP (-888001391700 XP due to promotion quest)


LVL 500 promotion quest completed.
Title: [Fledgling God Slayer] gained.
[Purified Ichor Bones] gained.


A class upgrade is now available due to your renowned efforts.
You have (4) options.
You have gained the attention of many Gods.
Your class upgrade has been tainted with 3 new options. 
C̸̨̡̥͍͎̞̘͍̪͂͜͝ͅH̶̖̟̤͈̫̫̣͌̆͛̉͋̉̑̿̓́̔̒͘͠Ǫ̵̨̩͉̖̣̹̋̅͆̓̈̾̾̌͌ͅƠ̸̡̧̠̩͔̲̤̲͙̊͆͊̆͛́̈́̔̋̈́͜ͅS̸̡͈̺͍̯̳̜̾̈́́́̇̀̀̋̈́̋͊͋͜Ę̶̢̫̺̩̠̱̲͖̘̗̊ ̶̦̦̗͓̋̈́̾̌̄̕̚͠͝͝Ẁ̶̡̖͕̫̗̹̖̪I̸͍̦̪̖̘̫͖̜͈͒̈́͒̊̓̉͆́̂̄̽̚ͅͅͅS̴̼̎͑̑́̓̾̽É̴̛̛͈͎̝̣̠͓͓͙̫̹͉̩̈́́̈́̋͊̀͂ͅL̸̡̡̡̨̛̖͎̗̟̽̔Y̴̡̭̻̼̪͙̯̪̟̰͔̗͂͒̃́̀͋̄̇͘͠ͅ

43