Side One Hundred And Fifty-Three – Talk of the Talk Show
610 11 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Author note: Truthseekers.com didn't exist when our Greek conspiracy theorist first appeared... now it does and it's not got anything to do with the story lol

So yeah, I don't recommend going there *smile*

“It’s all hard to believe.” The man said, looking at the TV in the small izakaya-style bar on the streets of Shinjuku. Shovelling some bar snacks into his mouth, he frowned. “Hey, barkeep, turn it up, I can’t hear.”

“I’ve told you not to call me barkeep, I have a name.” the older man said wryly, turning up the volume so that it was louder than the surrounding bustle of the busy area full of bars and small eateries. “I know what you mean though.” He too was looking at the TV. Ordinarily on a Sunday, one of the few days the overworked salarymen of Japan had to unwind, in preparation for another overworked and underpaid week, the bar would be packed, but now only a few regulars were there. “Everyone’s staying home to watch. It’s crazy.”

“No kidding.” The man agreed. “But it’s no lie. Unless you think all the politicians and bigshots around the world are in on it? Besides…” The illusion of the idol girl seemed totally real. “…what would be the point?”

“Who knows? But yeah…” His eyes were drawn to the woman who was also being interviewed, the stunning yet cold-looking Arisugawa Arisu-san. “I remember her, you know? My younger brother was a huge fan, silly bastard. I told him to get out and find a woman he could actually meet, but he was never the sharpest kid. He was heartbroken when she got engaged, and even more when the scandals hit.” He scratched his chin, feeling a little guilty. “I remember rubbing his face in it, man, my brother could be annoying. I feel a bit sorry now, maybe I should have believed in her innocence... holy shit!” On the screen a dazzling light flashed, burning the ground and slicing through metal like butter.

Around him the other few patrons were watching in rapt attention, and one spoke up. “No way that’s fake. Damn… I work in precision engineering. It’s a skilled job but I’m still paid shit… I use a laser cutting lathe, and I’m used to seeing the effects. That’s not fake. In fact, it’s higher strength than the machine I use. You can tell, look at the cut edges and the difference between plastic, aluminium and steel…” the man droned on, but nobody stopped him.

“Real or not, it won’t change our lives.” The first man said, downing his beer. “Damn, hospital bills are so expensive…” He then froze, as the famous presenter Endou-san read out a viewer’s question. Open-mouthed, he blinked at the screen. “Healing? Really?”

For a moment his thoughts went blank, only an image of his young daughter, lying in her hospital bed, giving him a quiet yet pained smile, trying to show everything was all right, still remaining. Then reality reasserted itself. The barkeep shook his head, listening. “Yeah, of course healing would be for the rich. What isn’t? Can we blame him though? Everybody here is trying to earn a living. I’d sell my talents to the wealthy to get ahead if I could… oh, sorry man.” Everyone was looking at him sympathetically, remembering his daughter, who he had told most of the regulars about when drunk. “How… how is she?”

“Same as always.” He swallowed, eyes welling up hot and damp. “She smiles like a little angel, even though she’s hurting. But getting a transplant is hard and expensive, and even then, her condition would wear out the organs in a decade or so… but even a decade of normal life…” he hid his face, bitter.

“Arisugawa-san is really letting him have it…” one patron said, trying to change the gloomy subject, and the barkeep agreed, watching amused as the cold-eyed yet beautiful former actress eviscerated Endou-san with her logic.

“True. Life isn’t fair. Otherwise his little daughter would be healthy.” barkeep said, wiping down the bar with a cloth, eyes on the screen. “Why should this be any different? But… hope’s a dangerous thing. Seems like that young idol girl’s not an idiot though. I hear showbusiness is hard, she must have seen some things in her time.”

It was then that Endou-san was forced to read out some documents, outlining a charitable plan, and the first man, his thoughts on his daughter, bolted upright. “This… this is my chance. If my daughter could be one of those…” Bolting from his chair, his mind went to just how he could contact Oshiro-san.

“Just wait a minute…” barkeep shouted. “You still haven’t paid, and how will you even get…”

Not listening, the man considered writing a letter, or trying to find his phone number somehow. Fists clenching so hard his nails drew blood, the fleeting surge of hope that rose within him refused to be extinguished, and he would nurture it, no matter if he had to cry, beg, plead or even die…

 

********

 

“So which Princess do you think is better?” The young boy, perhaps in his early teens, asked his slightly older sister.

“Obviously Princess Eleanor of course, our Princess!” his sister insisted stoutly, her freckled face smiling as she toyed with her brown braids idly, eyes glued to the TV. “She’s so elegant, everything I want to be.” She paused, graciously allowing that she was sure the Japanese Princess was probably fine too.

“Okay sis, whatever you say.” The boy laughed. “So does that mean you want to fight too?”

“I do.” She said stoutly. “I’m tired of it only being boys who are taught to be strong. That’s why the Princess is my role model. Those other girls at the press conference back then too. We can be beautiful, cute and strong. Even this Arisu woman is beautiful, and she’s a Gods’ Chosen too. I want to be like them.”

“But you can’t sis. You heard her. One in a hundred thousand. Even if there’s another chance, it’ll never be you.”

“Yes, maybe. But you’re so short sighted, little brother.” She rolled her eyes. “I have to do all the thinking. There’s magic right? Magic. That means anything is possible. I could have my chance another way.”

“Yeah, I don’t think magic is as easy as you think. This isn’t Harry Potter. There’s no magic schools.”

“That’s where you are wrong as usual, little brother. Once more your sister has to be the brains.” She flourished her phone. “Translation apps are great. Now there are rumours there is a school in Japan. And our Princess is allied with Japan. So… maybe they’ll open one here?”

“If they do, you won’t get to go. Though… I wish I could. That laser was wicked cool.”

“Yes, it was. Wicked cool indeed.” His sister nodded cheerfully. “And that illusion too, I want to do things like that. All my friends are talking about it too. Looks like nearly everyone in Britain is watching.” The TV was showing the broadcast from Japan with a slight delay, a famous British newsreader reading the translations.

“I think he’s cool.” The boy said, looking at Akio with bright eyes. “When I grow up I want to be like him… ouch, sis, why did you hit me?” he pouted, clutching at his ear where she slapped him lightly.

“No brother of mine is going to be a cheater.” She insisted. “He’s quite handsome though, I guess. So you’ll lose out that way.”

“It’s not like you’re anywhere near as cute as that singer girl, or as beautiful as Arisu… ouch!” he clutched at his other ear, tearing up. “You shouldn’t hit a boy sis, we’re not allowed to hit back.”

“Who says? I hate that. Did our Princess stand there and take it? Be a man. Though if you do try and hit me, I’ll beat you up!” she warned. “You see, I’m not a fool. Boys are stronger than girls in general. This isn’t a comic book. But…” she pointed at the screen, where footage of the laser beam was replayed again. “…when you can do that, does it matter who you are, or how strong you are? Anyone can be a hero.”

“A hero huh?” the boy said. “That sounds awesome. Maybe when I grow up I can be the guard of the Princess…”

“Dream on. But I’ll let you be mine…” his sister snorted, before they fell into playful fighting, and the boy cried out as his arm was twisted behind his back…

 

********

 

Around the table in the dimly-lit basement, the scent of tobacco and cheap alcohol in the air, a group of men were sitting around a TV, watching the broadcast.

“Such healing. That’s incredible, if it’s true.” one man said, his lean, muscular body heavily scarred and tattooed, one finger missing from the hand that was holding his glass of cheap, strong liquor. “Mihal can’t do anything like that. There’s money in it. A lot of money.”

Another lean man was snorting a line of white powder off the table. Shuddering, he wiped at his nose, eyes unfocussed for a moment, before sighing. “No need to be greedy. With Mihal’s help we’ve driven out the Armenians and the Italians. We have a monopoly over the whole region. Times are good.” He gestured to the scantily clad girls sleeping in the corner. “Profits are up, and our rivals have either fled or been disposed of. Should we risk it reaching for more?”

“Yeah, no way.” Another man said, grimacing. One of his eyes was milky white, cut through by a savage scar. “Much as I’d love my eye to work again, you saw the energy blast. Even Mihal would struggle. He’s all muscle. Though what one can do…”

“We’re the only gang that has one of the new Djajve, devils. If they were common, we wouldn’t be kings of this region.” Another of the gang offered his thoughts. “Even the police and local politicians are running scared of us. Just a few bribes and we have free reign. It would be nice to have that healing in our grasp, the ability would give us further leverage on the crooked leaders. With violence and reward, stick and carrot, we would be unshakable.”

“Yes, but there’s no chance. Even if we could go to Japan and find him, if Mihal dies… guns don’t work so well on Mihal, he’s surely the same…” the last man there said, thinking with some difficulty, his words slurred.

The first man spoke up again, rubbing the stump of his missing finger, a habit of his. “Yes, forget about it. It’s too dangerous. I know when to back down.”

“What if we went after his friends, his family?” the one-eyed man asked. “We’ve done that before. He seems a man who treasures them. It must be easier, considering how many there is. He can’t keep them all hidden away.”

“Risky. Too risky.” The first man sighed. “It seems he isn’t the only one. Remember that day that shook the world? The little orange-haired girl isn’t even a human, supposedly, and that tall white-haired beauty, she’s also like Mihal. Likely the cold-eyed one too. It’s impossible all are, but we don’t want a war. No, best lay that aside. Keep searching for more like Mihal and bring them on board, be it via money, drugs, women, violence, blackmail or threats. Only then can we be secure…”

“Yes, Japan is a bridge too far for us. But… I still think he is a fool, shouting out his weaknesses.” The one-eyed man said, taking out a deck of cards. “A quick game?”

As the men laughed and agreed, the first man spoke once more. “Weaknesses? Maybe. But he also showed off some great deterrents. Perhaps some gangs… Yakuza, I believe they were over there, yes… or the Chinese Triads might make a move, but unless they have their own Djajve, they’ll be doomed to failure. We’re not dealing with a weak politician, or even a tough gang member.” As the cards were dealt out, the man looked at his hand, supressing a smile at the pair of aces. “No, I don’t like to gamble with my life. Nobody who has climbed to the head of such a gang would. The honey may be sweet, but it’s poisoned. So… I raise.” He tossed some crumpled notes into the centre. “But then, not everyone is sane, and the desperate… they often do stupid things.”

With one last glance at the TV, the man shook his head. “No, someone that can heal is the worst person to provoke. Imagine…” he laughed darkly. “We often torture our enemies by slicing off fingers, toes or even their cocks. The pain breaks people, but eventually they reach the point where they don’t want to live anymore. But if you can regrow the missing parts… that hope is more agonising than the pain, and it prevents them from losing the will to carry on…”

“Shit, that’s brutal. That’s why you’re the boss.” one man laughed crudely. “You’re more suitable to be a devil than Mihal!”

The man nodded. “Yes, if I had such gifts, I would be the emperor of all I could see. Healing for charity, to soothe a conscience. I am not such a fool. Though… perhaps such a good image hides darker secrets. A man so lusty for women must surely have other lusts too…”

“Not everyone is as wicked as you! But you suck at cards. I call your raise!” another man chuckled, tossing in his money, and the first man smiled.

“Nobody is a saint. Those that claim to be, I trust less than those who are open and honest in their evil. Now… deal the next cards…”

 

********

 

FujiTV interview with Hero of Britain Livestream – International Thread

431 @ That idol is a real cutie. Japanese girls are so small and pretty.

432 @ Whoa, @431, looks like we have a pervert here. Besides, that woman Arisu is far hotter. The way she has those cold eyes. Step on me, go on, do it!

433 @ People are missing the point so much. It’s a rare opportunity to learn more about what’s really going on. Don’t you remember that worldwide broadcast from those Church nutters? The Apocalypse is coming. Hot women won’t matter then…

434 @ No way, @433, hot women always matter. But you’re right about the opportunity… wait, what… eleven? Fuck it, I’m with you @433!

671 @ Yeah, the law changes were wild. I remember reading in the Daily Sun about them. Polygamy. Guess a guy with eleven girlfriends really needs that. There was a lot of other stuff too…

672 @ I’m curious about that too. A lot of it doesn’t make any sense. Jurisdiction over resources such as Etherites, ether, elemental sources…. Sounds very game-like. It’s all available publicly, and lots of websites have translated the Japanese legislation into a number of languages.

673 @ Are there any other Chosen here? I’d be curious to get their viewpoints…

674 @KingOfOlympus You called? I hear your voice, and I appear, like divine lightning! You want my opinion…

675 @ Oh shit, it’s this nutter again. I was sure he was banned.

676 @KingOfOlympus You think, foolish @675 that you can hold back the thunder? So, my opinion? I think that this so-called hero is at least fit to stand in my shadow. A man, a hero, a Chosen, should be lusty, just as I am. And the women we saw were very beautiful. I might have to pay them a visit, rain down golden upon them, hahahahahaha!

677 @ That’s a piss joke right? Golden showers? A bit fetishy for me…

678 @KingOfOlympus I will impregnate all the beautiful women of the world. The coming disaster will weed out the weak and the feeble. Only the strong and those the strong choose to save will be spared! So all beautiful women, come to me!

679 @ Oh man, @KingOfOlympus has got even crazier. If he’s the same sort as the Hero of Britain we’re screwed. Might as well let the world end…

680 @Niko.Truthseekers.com It makes me a little sad, @677, @679, nobody knows the classic Greek myths anymore. Zeus turned into a golden shower to impregnate a woman. I would say that’s impossible, but… what I’ve seen in South Korea, it might just be. Though I’d not be provoking others if I were you @KingOfOlympus

681 @KingOfOlympus Hah, you think I, the thundercock fears the little lapdog? What God does he even serve?

682 @ Korea, huh? Hey, it’s been a bit overshadowed by the events in Britain, that broadcast by that religious group and this, but I heard some stuff about Korea. They’ve come clean to the public too and have started a system, right? What was it again? Hunters?

683 @Niko.Truthseekers.com At least some sheep are paying attention. If you go to my website www:truthseekers.com then you’ll see some information I’ve gathered with great difficultly. It’s not government sponsored, it’s more government tolerated. Go check out the Ranking system, I heard the details from a genuine Hunter herself.

684 @KanzakiChanLoveLoveLove!!! Shut up all of you. Aishitemasu Kanzaki-Chan, Korosu Korosu Korosu you fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!

685 @ This is an international channel, @KanzakiChanLoveLoveLove!!! Keep your unhinged Asian self in your own chat! What a creepy username.

686 @KingOfOlympus Why pour your love into just one woman, there are many beauties out there. What a fool!

687 @KanzakiChanLoveLoveLove!!! Korosu Korosu Korusu KOROSU! Kanzaki-chan wa subete watashi no monodesu! Fuck you Oshiro KOROSU KOROSU!

Comment deleted by moderation.

689 @ Yeah, that guy is crazy. I’ve heard Japanese fans are creepy bastards, guess the stereotype is true. He’s probably a fat, unwashed geek. Obviously an idol’s going to like a guy like that Akio more.

Comment deleted by moderation.

Comment deleted by moderation.

692 @ Mods, just ban the twat. Anyway, I’ve checked out the website. It’s classic as hell. S, A, B, C, D, E? You’ve just ripped that off Solo Levelling or some other manhwa right? That’s not really happening, you’re just a hack…

693 @ This is fun and all, but watch the damn stream! It’s too early for this crap. That woman Arisu is as cold as she is beautiful. How can a lecture on median incomes make me so interested? Fuck, beauties have life easy…

694 @Niko.Truthseekers.com I wouldn’t be so sure, @692, I don’t get much signal out in the South Korean wilderness, but I’ve done what research I could. Here. [ArisugawaArisuScandal.doc] Help yourself. As for the Ranks, don’t blame me, I’m just going by what they’ve decided. I’m not one of these superhumans, it’s not like I have a say…

….

….

803 @ Kimi wa Melody? Someone get a link up…

804 @ Who the hell cares about his taste in music, @803? Though I admit I’ll be watching the footage of the charity concert. Just doing my part…

805 @ Unless you donate, it’s meaningless @804. Besides, that’s a Japanese problem.

806 @ I call bullshit, @805. If you’re an American or some other foreigner, sure, but as a Brit I think we owe it to those who came to aid our Princess to support them!

807 @ We’ve spotted a Princess fanboy. Well, she is pretty, I’ll give her that. But you’ll just end up crying like that nutjob who I won’t name in case he comes back when this guy steals her heart too @806

808 @ So, the scandal huh… think it’s really a conspiracy theory and Arisu did everything? Those documents @Niko.Truthseekers.com provided were bare-bones but that was some bad stuff she was accused of.

809 @ChaosEngine This comment section is no better than last time. I even see that idiot @KingOfOlypmus here again. Well, @808, It’s not up to me to say whether it’s a coverup or not. All I will say is, if you were a government, you’d want to secure the allegiance of as many of these people with magic as possible. I don’t care if you call them Gods’ Chosen, Chosen, Hunters or even Mages. What matters is having them in hand. So yeah, I could easily see government intervention, throwing a few celebrities under a bus is nothing in comparison. Especially… hey @Niko.Trusthseekers.com, you still there? You’ve put some thought in. Tell me what matters.

810 @Niko.Truthseekers.com You said it yourself last time, @ChaosEngine. This Akio Oshiro seems to be a big deal. The Prince of Britain, Henry, he gained some ability. If it was Akio who did that… yeah, keeping him sweet would be worth it. I think that it isn’t the case though. From the file I posted earlier, you can see the original allegations against Arisu Arisugawa were fishy…

Comment deleted by Moderation.

1031 @ Piss off, loser, we’ve got women posting here. You want to fap, go find some porn.

Comment deleted by Moderation.

Comment deleted by Moderation.

1034 @DreamingQueen Thanks for sticking up for me, @1031. Vulgar men are so disappointing. But such is the internet, I suppose. Really, it’s fascinating. There’s almost no information on the beautiful girls from the previous press conference, and I’ve looked, trust me! Even with names it’s hard. Now we have another lead. Eleven, huh? I don’t think I’d like to share, not even for him…

1035 @ Who would? The girls must be mad. They’ll have to fight over scraps. Lame.

1036 @ Hey, I disagree. @1035, it’s not like women don’t go for guys who already are married all the time. This is just on a higher level.

1037 @ChaosEngine Once more everyone misses the point. Going up against the guy who clearly has great power isn’t viable. But those around him are a weakness. Hopefully he knows that, but… there will be those who are unscrupulous, be it national governments, the uber wealthy, or criminal syndicates and terrorist groups… they might be willing to risk it…

1038 @KingOfOlympus Hardly, a worthy rival such as he should only lose his women to me! What do they call it in that faraway land? NTR? Yes, I will do it, I will! In the new world coming, only the strong and the beautiful are worthy of creating a new Olympus!

1039 @ Please livestream your battle, @KingOfOlympus, if you really can control lightning, that’d be worth seeing.

1040 @ No, livestream the NTR roflmao! Seriously though, don’t joke about such things man, it’s against TOS. No talk of non-con, there are women present.

1041 @ChaosEngine Well, our idiot friend here isn’t entirely wrong. Stock up and prepare. Food, water, medical supplies, everyone should have a stockpile. And without women, if a disaster breaks out, then humanity is finished. I’m not telling you I know what’s coming, but connect the damn dots. The Queen of Britain, the Pope, that religious group, Japan… everyone is saying danger is coming. Do the smart thing and be ready. Otherwise maybe humanity is finished.

1042 @DreamingQueen Yes, but we’re not Gods’ Chosen, so what chance do we have? If one of them wanted to kill us we’d die…

1043 @ChaosEngine Yes, @DreamingQueen. But is that different to now? A man with a knife can kill most women. A man with a gun most other people. If a war breaks out, then civilians die. Even so, better to increase your chances…

1044 @ Maybe that’s why he has eleven girlfriends? And that idol girl is fawning on him? Feeling safe must be great…

1045 @ Uh, whoa… that’s cool. Holograms, huh?

1046 @ Yeah, I can think of a few uses for that…

1047 @DreamingQueen Oh, @1046, please do tell.

1048 @CutiePie19 Yes, @1046, I’m curious too. It better not be anything perverted…

1049 @ I miss the ‘bar my way’ girl. She was seriously cute…

1050 @ HOLY SHIT! That was a laser, right? Shit.

1051 @ChaosEngine It was indeed. I’m not sure showing off a trump card like that is wise. If people know about it, they can counter it.

1052 @KingOfOlympus Pretty lights are nothing compared to the thunder at my fingertips and in my loins!

1053 @ You know, I’m somewhat of a scientist myself. ScientistMeme.gif. And I know light is faster than lightning. And I doubt the human body is more durable than that floor… I second the livestream suggestion from earlier @KingOfOlympus, if you try and steal his women, he’ll cut you in two. Cooked Greek cuisine.

1054 @KingOfOlympus Petty tricks will not deter me.

1055 @ Yeah, let’s face it. At that speed it beats a gun. You could get headshot in a second, boom boom. Cooked brains…

1187 @ That presenter has shit for brains. I thought our press was bad, what a wanker.

1188 @ No kidding, @1187. He practically accused someone who can shoot lasers from his fingers of being a mercenary money-grubber.

1189 @ I guess he thinks he’s safe if it’s a live broadcast. Seriously though, what’s wrong with making a buck or two? I know I would…

1190 @ I can’t say who I work for, just that it’s a major bank, and I’m pretty high up. Our Chairman was having a rough time recently. His wife was seriously ill. All of a sudden she recovered, and it was recent. Very recent. Around the time that Akio came to Britain in fact. Connect the dots…

1191 @ Careful @1190, don’t want you to get the boot. But it does sound one hell of a coincidence. But I mean, doctors get paid, right? So why not magic doctors?

1192 @ Lol, that’s the argument Arisu is making. She’s wrecking him by spitting facts like fire. Damn, she seems to have taken it personally. Are we sure she’s not one of eleven?

1193 @ I don’t think so, @1192, but there’s definitely more to it than a mutual friend. You think that Himeko girl, the silver-haired babe is the one?

1194 @ Anesidora’s Box? I want Himeko to open up her box!

1195 @CutiePie19 Oh no, @1194, that joke looks familiar. Don’t be so crude. Cuties like us won’t like you if you’re a pervert

1196 @ I want pics @CutiePie19 or you’re a GIRL, not a girl…

1197 @ Speaking of girls, I wonder if he’s on the phone to one now? Maybe the one he called out for a date?

1198 @CutiePie19 No pics I’m afraid, not this time. I wish someone would ask me out like that though. Oh, none of you are good enough. Everyone at Uni likes me. Now if Akio asked…

1199 @ Fucking normies, the rich get richer. In both women and money it seems. Why wasn’t I chosen? One in a hundred thousand, shit… come on second wave! I don’t care which God!

1200 @ There’s only one God, blasphemer. All the others are false idols and devils…

1201 @ And we’ve spotted a True Revelation spy. Fuck off back to reading your dumb book and lay off our Princess, whackjob!

Comment deleted by moderation.

Comment deleted by moderation.

Comment deleted by moderation.

1205 @ I wonder what he’s having faxed over…

Comment deleted by moderation.

1454 @ Yeah that seems the fairest way to do it. Help the rich, then balance it by helping a number who cant pay.

1455 @GamzeeMakara FuCkInG MiRaClEs MaN. HeAlINg FoR AlL sOuNdS fRiEnDlY. MaKeS mY BrAiN-pAn ItCh.

1456 @ Lol @GamzeeMakara guess we have a higher class of troll here. But seriously, it is miraculous. Healing as an ability is great. I’d want that if I had a choice.

1457 @ It’s always the rich who think taking it all for themselves and then giving a few scraps back is a good deed.

1458 @ Well, to quote Arisu, @1457 I am sure you make a great deal of charitable donations, volunteer and do many other good works, no? No, thought not. Post receipts, else I’d rather listen to the troll above.

1459 @Niko.Truthseekers.com A mystery solved. I’d been hearing about the healing, but… shit I have to go. My sister, such a… never mind that. Anyway, keep your eyes on South Korea. The next big wave is coming, trust me…

1460 @GamzeeMakara QuItE tHe OdD fElLoW. He ShOuLd ReLaX mOrE aNd HaVe A fAygO oR tEn.

1461 @ Look who’s talking about odd, @GamzeeMakara. I googled it and you’re aping some troll from a webcomic… this is serious stuff, why mess around?

1462 @ Nah, he’s harmless compared to some of the weirdos in the chat. At least he’s not screaming about that idol Kanzaki unlike the one psycho earlier…

1463 @ See ya Niko. Your website is pretty cool. And you were right about some stuff!

1464 @ChaosEngine Yes. Most conspiracies are clearly bull. Anything that requires the powerful to cover something up perfectly is clearly a lie. But there were truths here he unearthed. So, Tyr, huh. Norse. Odd choice for a Japanese person. Anyway, he’ll be sorry he missed out on more information…

1465 @ I don’t get it. Isn’t anyone else scared? I’ve been unable to leave the house since the events in London.

1466 @ Yeah, I’m a bit frightened too, but… it’s not like we know do we? If it was say… NASA spotted an asteroid heading our way and we knew it was going to hit in a year… or war was declared and the bombs were going to drop, we’d be able to really feel the fear. But… all we know is what they say. Are they even right? Sure, we’ve got proof of magic now, and creatures that aren’t human. But… life goes on. I think @ChaosEngine is right. Carry on, but prepare for the worst. I mean, if disaster is ten years away, anything could have happened by then.

1467 @ Yeah but… @1506 it’s not that easy. Anyone could be able to use magic, and a lot seem to be crazy. Those Church guys, our friend the thundercock, if he is one, the ones who betrayed Princess Eleanor…

1468 @DreamingQueen Isn’t that why they are on this programme? To dispel some myths. The unknown is scary. I get that @1505. I worry too. But the chance of dying from general anaesthetic in a routine operation is one in a hundred thousand. Your chance of meeting one of these people is the same as that. And not everyone’s going to be bad.

1469 @ Hey, Arisu’s taking control of the show. That’s hilarious. Think that Endou guy and the Ogawa woman will be okay? Anyway, fun though that is, anyone spot the key word. Territory. It was in the documents our conspiracy theorist linked earlier too. I took a look. Seems like money is for that.

1470 @ Damn, if fantasy and magic needs money to function, then even dreams are rather boring.

1872 @ So, Japan’s already got a police force set up involving Gods’ Chosen. Why aren’t we doing anything in Britain? We’ve already suffered!

1873 @ Chill out @1872. With the Princess as our representative this will be in hand. It’s not something you can do overnight. Especially with the problems we have with traitors!

1874 @CutiePie19 I think it was funny the way that Akio had to compare Princess Eleanor and Japan’s own Princess earlier. Do you think there’ll be a fairy-tale romance?

1875 @GamzeeMakara I dOn’T sEe It LiTtlE cUtiE. ElEvEn Is TeN ToO mAnY. UnLeSs YoU wAnT oTheR QuAdRaNtS.

1876 @CutiePie19 Okay I’m ignoring that. I don’t even understand it. I’m serious though.

1877 @ He admitted himself that Princess Eleanor was against it, @CutiePie19. I don’t blame her… eleven, come on!

1878 @ I’m more interested in the talk of monsters. Bugs are scary, but… where are they? Is it like dungeons? Has anyone seen one?

1879 @ Of course not. We could ask @KingOfOlympus though he’s shut up for a while. Did the mods kick him?

1880 @KingOfOlympus No moderators can block the voice of the King! @1878, @1879 dungeons? Hah, pitiful fools. Let me drop some wisdom from up on high. You think you can just see strange creatures lurking around? If it was like that, the world would have known it long ago…

1881 @ That makes sense. But who cares. The idol has been saying what we are all thinking. Akio and Arisu. It even sounds a good pair. AkIsu or AriIo?

1882 @KingOfOlympus She seems a fine woman. Perhaps I shall travel to Japan and make her mine!

1883 @ Don’t you ever shut up? If he is a Gods’ Chosen, seems like they all have women on the brain…

2134 @ So we can rely on them to protect Japan, huh? Do you think that Britain will be safe?

2135 @ I think so, @2134, at the press conference the Princess and Akio announced we were allied. Sucks to be other countries though.

2336 @CutiePie19 So who’s the mutual friend who’ll be performing at this concert. It’s not Himeko is it? I can’t see it…

2337 @DreamingQueen Akio cares about his sister. That’s really sweet… I have a better opinion of him now…

2338 @KingOfOlympus A sister, I see. Perhaps I shall turn into a swan and fly over and visit…

2339 @ Man, @KingOfOlympus, do you ever shut up?

2340 @ That was interesting. We saw lasers and holograms, and a show going completely off the rails. Maybe we should push for the Princess to do one…

2341 @ Dream on, @2340. No way that’ll ever happen…

 

Sure, writing the web threads is fun, but surprisingly hard work *smile* Anyway, just the three side chapters left of this arc now, so nearly onto fresh challenges!

32