18 – Prison Takeover (4)
377 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathan woke up again after a few hours. He looked around and noticed everyone saw the beds and slept on them. He smiled at that.

He tried to be as silent as possible when getting out of bed, but he woke the others up.

'' Good morning.''

'' .. Morning. How's the arm?'' Eve asked after getting out of bed.

Jonathan looked at his injured arm, ''Honestly, I don't know. But I can feel it and the pain, so I think that's a good sign.''

The only experience Jonathan had with medicine was when he was forced to cut Franklin's fist. Otherwise, he would have to study.

'Speaking of which, I think it's good to prepare everyone here for Samantha's delivery.' Jonathan has already bought books on medicine at the SHOP. It cost 100K for some books, but it was worth it.' It would be nice if I had a way to transfer the contents of the book right into my mind, but it seems SHOP doesn't have that.'

Which meant that Jonathan and the rest would have to read the book to learn.

''What are we going to do today?''Nathanael was already on his feet and ready for action.

Even though he was injured, Jonathan wanted to clear Block 1 completely as soon as possible. They still had 2 more blocks to search, '' We continue with the plan. Check all this block, then we go check the others.''

Jonathan then looked at everyone in the group, '' Speaking of which, are you guys ok?''

Samantha looked at Jonathan, ''What are you talking about?''

'' ... I know that yesterday was chaotic and that you had to kill the first human... I want to know how is your psychology?''

Jonathan knew that killing a person was a huge trauma and that many people were not ready for it. He had only a clear conscience because he knew that now its kill or be killed.

Everyone looked at each other. Nathanael spoke first, "To tell you the truth, we don't even know who fired the fatal shots, but that doesn't change the fact that we killed another human being. And, as incredible as it may seem, we are calm. Well, at least I am.''

Samatha and Eve agreed with Nathanael, '' It was like you said. It was either them or us. We've already lost one person because of the evil of others. I still think we took too many risks by letting them get out of the cafeteria, but in the end, it all worked out.''

Jonathan looked at his group with pride, 'They finally learned!'

It had been a while since the apocalypse had begun, but this was the first time Jonathan felt that his group was ready to face tomorrow and the danger it would bring.

Jonathan, with his normal arm, pulled a pistol with a silencer from his inventory, '' Now... shall we go?''

---

The group continued exploring block 1 of the prison. After the canteen, they found a place that made Jonathan's eyes light up, '' A medical area!''

Jonathan was about to buy the necessary equipment to make Samantha's birth easier, but the discovery of this area made him very happy.

"Jonathan! Look!'' Eve ran towards Jonathan with some things in her hand.

"What is it?'' When Jonathan took what Eve gave him, he noticed that it was medicine. ''Wow. Now I don't have to buy... whatever this is! Nice find!''

'' There's even more there.'' Eve pointed at a cabinet filled with medicine.

'' Good job!'' Jonathan gave her a thumbs up.

Eve smiled at him and continued searching the area. Jonathan looked around but couldn't find an ultrasound machine.

Samantha went to Jonathan's side, '' What are you thinking?''

''If all goes well, this will be the place where you'll give birth. I was looking for an ultrasound but couldn't find one. I'll have to buy one.''Jonathan then looked in the SHOP for an ultrasound machine.

He quickly found it, '500K for it is a lot, but I have no choice.'

When Jonathan saw the money disappearing from the total, he stared at the total, 'Although I have more than 2.5B, I have to be careful. There are many things here that can make me poor, and I don't know how to earn money.'

Jonathan took the ultrasound machine from the inventory. '' Done. Now we just have to figure out what to do with it and turn the electricity on.''

Samantha smiled at him, '' We will learn.''

Jonathan nodded. He then called Eve and Nathanael, '' Come here a second.''

The sibling asked, '' What is it?''

Jonathan smiled cruelly at them, '' We will have to study!'' He passed them a book each, regarding pregnancy and surgery.

Nathanael looked at Jonathan as if he had seen a ghost, '' What is it?''

Jonathan knew that Nathanael didn't like to study, so he was looking at Nathanael's reaction, "As I said, we're going to study. You're going to help me deliver Samantha's baby. I've given you each a book, and you have 7-8 months to memorize everything!''

Eve was calm, but Nathanael only weakly nodded, "Leave it to us.''

--

The exploration of Block 1, apart from the fact that they had encountered that group of prisoners, was uneventful. No other dangers.

But this made Jonathan even more alert, 'I feel like I'm forgetting something or not doing something.'

Jonathan finally cleared Block 1, but Blocks 2 and 3 were still unexplored. He finally discovered the source of his anxiety, 'Since this block had prisoners, the others might have them too... besides, there might be zombies.'

Although he wanted to check the other blocks immediately, Jonathan knew that if there was a fight between his group and humans or zombies, he wouldn't be much use with only one arm working, 'As soon as my arm gets better, we'll check the other blocks.'

At this point, the group had returned to their respective 'rooms' and were fiddling with their cell phones. Jonathan was on his bed outside his 'room', thinking about various things.

''Is anyone else having trouble using the internet?'' Eve said this and snapped Jonathan out of his trance.

Jonathan took out his cell phone and noticed that the reception at the prison was terrible, 'That was to be expected since this was a prison and the signal was not the best.'

''While the signal is bad, be thankful we still have internet.'' Jonathan didn't know how long the internet would work, since Waze had stopped working some time ago without any warning. He thought it would last a long time, but he wasn't sure.

''And we need electricity! We need to find the generator to see what kind we are dealing with. If it's gasoline, it's great for us. If not... we might have a problem.'' Nathanael made a very important point.

Although Jonathan could buy unlimited gasoline, he didn't know if it would be possible to use any other type of generator than the gasoline one.

''But we looked through this whole block and didn't see anything that looked like a generator.'' Eve put her cell phone down and gave her opinion.

''Not every location. We couldn't find the place where the warden would be. There should be a layout of all the blocks and the location of all the hidden places.'' Jonathan has already searched all of block 1, so the generator and the warden's room must be in block 2 or 3.

Jonathan sighed, 'Looks like I'm not going to have much choice today. I know I should wait for my arm to get better, but we can't waste any time. We don't have electricity right now, and although I could buy a generator at the SHOP, I'd still have to find a place to connect it to the prison's power grid.'

It was still afternoon, so Jonathan wanted to find the director's office today, so he called everyone, "Guys, come here quick.''

"What's up?'' Samantha was the first to arrive.

''We need to find the warden's office and then look for the generator. Since we've already looked all over block 1 and can't find either of them, we'll have to go to block 2 or 3. I want to look today, so we don't waste time later. What do you want to do?''

Even though Jonathan was the 'leader' of the group, he always sought the opinion of the others.

Samantha looked at Eve and Nathanael, who nodded, '' Jonathan, while we think it's admirable that you're trying so hard to make the prison a safe place, you also need to rest.''

Jonathan dismissed Samantha's concerns, '' Don't worry, I'm 100%.''

Samantha sighed, ''You're not. You think we don't notice, but you're not well. You are slow and distracted, which could be dangerous if there are other threats in Blocks 2 and 3.''

Even Jonathan wasn't aware of how distracted and slow he was today. He still wanted to push forward, but he was in no shape for a fight.

''But what do you want us to do then? Although there's no electricity now, we're going to need it for other things at some point.''

''We know that, but we only went through block 1 today because you insisted so much. Again, you are in no condition to explore blocks 2 and 3... Let us do that without you.'' Nathanael also noticed Jonathan's condition and didn't want to let him go in this state.

''No way!'' Jonathan rejected their proposal to go alone immediately.

''Well, we're not going to let you go in this state either. How about this, rest for a week or until your arm gets better, and then we'll go after the generator and the warden's office. What do you think?''

Jonathan looked to Eve for support, but she also agreed with Samantha and Nathanael, '' Rest and recover 100%. Then we'll go after the other blocks.''

Jonathan noticed that everyone was against him. Then he sighed, '' Okay then. As soon as I can move my arm, we'll go through the other blocks. But for the record, I wish we had done it sooner.''

Samantha smiled at him, '' Noted.''

Then, silence dominated the cell. '' What do we do now?'' Nathanael asked.

Even though Jonathan wasn't in shape for a fight, his mind was still good to go. He smiled coldly at Nathanael, '' Take out the book I gave you earlier and go study.''

'' Hmmm, thinking better, how about we search the other blocks today?'' Nathanael tried to run away mentally, but reality didn't help him.

Eve already got out her book to study, '' Just start today. There's a lot of pages and content inside the book.''

Nathanael looked at his mom for support, but Samantha just smiled at him. In the end, he sighed, '' Okay, ill do my part.''

Jonathan nodded and took out his cell phone. The only reason his cell phone was still charged was that Jonathan bought portable recharges from the SHOP.

He opened the internet and searched for how to use the ultrasound machine. Jonathan would use the book he bought too, but for now, he would search how to use the machine. He found some tutorial videos and downloaded them.

After that, Jonathan took out his book and started to read too. After some time, Samantha approached him, '' What is it?''

Samantha looked guilty, '' Is there anything I can do to help you in any way?''

' She must be feeling left out because we are studying to help her... Is there anything she could help with right now?'

After some time, Jonathan thought of something, '' How about this...''

---

'' Are you sure?'' Samantha and Jonathan were now outside block 1, with long-distance rifles bought from the SHOP. One each.

'' I am. Remember, only 2 hours a day and you enter to rest. Ok?'' Jonathan aimed his rifle and shoot at one zombie outside the fence.

Both rifles had a silencer.

'' No problem. And if I find anything weird, I need to call any of you, right?'' Samantha then aimed at one zombie outside the fence.

'' Yes.''

Jonathan's plan was to make Samantha train her aim, and make her distracted. As they do not need to worry about ammunition, Samantha was free to shoot anytime.

While Jonathan wanted to let her go inside the vigilance tower, he didn't want her to be far away from the block, in case anything happened.

Jonathan checked the door to the vigilance tower, and it needed a key. He wasn't sure if shooting the doorknob would open that door, so he wanted to find the warden's room to get the key.

BANG

Samantha killed one zombie.'' Sounds easy.''

'' Here.'' Jonathan passed a walkie-talkie to Samantha, '' I'll give one to Eve and Nathanael too, so we can communicate better. Only use the cell phone if you lose the walkie-talkie.''

Samantha grabbed the walkie-talkie, '' Thank you.''

''Don't worry. Now that you know what you can help with, how about we enter? It's almost night.''

'' Sure.''

The duo entered their home and went to their respective cells. Jonathan preferred to sleep in the bed outside the cells, but he wasn't sleepy as of now. He continued to search the SHOP until he went to sleep.

16