20 – Block 2 (1)
337 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 WEEKS LATER

Not much had changed in those past weeks. The Internet still worked but Jonathan had to spend at least 1k on portable chargers for their cellphones, as the prison still didn't have electricity. He even considered buying a generator, but after much thought, he opted for the portable chargers. 'A generator would have been much more expensive than the chargers.'

Jonathan, Eve and Nathanael now know the basics of how to help in a birth. Since they didn't know how to do a C-section, the only option was to hope that Samantha would be able to give birth safely. But Jonathan knew that something could go wrong, so he was preparing for anything. ' If she had problems, we will have to do the surgery...'

Jonathan was studying how to do the C-section, but he was unsure if it was safe.

Speaking of Samantha, she now knew how to shoot relatively well with her rifle. She would shoot for a few hours and then go back to Block 1.

Jonathan had not yet opened the door to the watchtowers, so Samantha would shoot from near the sandbags. She was spending typically, 100 bullets a day. The price was a bit high, but still, Jonathan didn't care much. ' As long as everyone is happy! And it's a way to help her distract herself.'

And today marked two weeks and a few days since the group arrived at the prison. It was morning, and the group was eating breakfast. ' So much has changed in such a short time.'

Although Jonathan had not yet placed the titanium plates around the prison fence, he had already bought all the materials needed to do so.

' I just need to see the condition of my arm.'

Jonathan was lucky. The shot didn't hit the bones of his arms and only damaged a few muscles. Jonathan thought/feel that his arm was already healed. Carefully, he removed the bandages from his arm.

Looking at the wound site, Jonathan noticed that everything was in order. He moved his arm a little, 'Mobility is unaffected, and I feel no pain. There's a scar but I don't care.''

Jonathan tried then tried to lift something heavy with his healed arm, but he couldn't do it, ' Hmm, but it seems it's too soon for me to carry a rifle or the titanium plates.'

' But I can carry a pistol, and that's enough for me to go to search block 2.'

Seeing that his arm was partially healed and was moving without problems, Jonathan said to the group, "It's time. After breakfast, we'll clean Block 2 today and Block 3 tomorrow.''

The group nodded. Everyone finished eating quickly.

After they finished, everyone got ready to enter Block 2. Nathanael already had his SMG, a knife, and his bulletproof vest. He opted to leave his titanium shield behind.

Eve and Samantha also prepared themselves. Their weapons were about the same as Nathanael, but Jonathan gave Samantha some extra protection.

Seeing that everyone was ready, Jonathan led the way. He opened the door to Block 1 and went towards the rolling gate that gives access to Block 2.

Jonathan had already scoured the area and knew that the gate was open. He pulled the gate to the side, " Let's go."

Stepping forward, the group officially entered block 2. " Same formation! Me in the front, Eve and Samantha in the middle, and Nathanael in the back. Any moves you guys shoot first and ask later."

The group's response was an 'ok'.

Walking a bit through the small courtyard that connects the gate to block 2, Jonathan noticed that there were some blood marks on the floor, ' They look old but that shows that people have been here before... hopefully, they are zombies.'

Jonathan honestly would rather deal with zombies than humans.

Passing the blood trails, the group finally reached the door that gave access to the interior of Block 2. ' The layout should be the same as Block 1... hopefully this is where the director's office is.'

Just like Block 1, the door that gave access to Block 2 was open. Jonathan opened the door and noticed it was dark inside, ' So it wasn't just Block 1 that is without power.'

Jonathan was hoping that this place would have electricity, but he was left disappointed.

Aiming the flashlight in front of him, Jonathan slowly began to explore Block 2. He was aiming the flashlight everywhere, something the whole group was mimicking.

The group passed the Block 2 cells. " Did anyone notice anything different?" Jonathan asked as they explored.

" Nothing unusual. The only difference is the blood trails on the floor." Nathanael pointed the flashlight to the ground and illuminated the floor. Everyone noticed that the blood trails led to a corridor.

Jonathan suspected that it was the same corridor as in Block 1, which gave access to other parts of the prison, such as the cafeteria.

"Let's keep going straight ahead." Jonathan said this but he was alert, ' I think we have some zombies here.'

Entering the corridor, the group noticed that the trail of blood followed to the end of the right side. Jonathan illuminated the wall and saw the following things written: For the right side was the gymnasium, and for the left side was the armory.

'Hmmmm... let's look at the armory first.'

Deciding to check the left side first, Jonathan said to his group, " I think there are zombies on the right side, so let's check the left side first and then we'll check the rest."

No one said anything, and they started to follow Jonathan. Quickly they reached the armory, and luckily for them, the door was open.

Jonathan fiddled with the doorknob and saw that it was open. Before he opened the door, he took out his round shield and said to Eve, who was the first person behind him, " I'm going to open the door and crouch down. I will shield your lower body and you shoot if you see anything strange. Please, if you shoot don't miss."

Everyone had practiced their marksmanship over the past weeks and had satisfactory results, but Jonathan felt it couldn't hurt to remind Eve to be careful.

EVE set up her SMG, " Leave it to me!"

Jonathan nodded, " On 3 I will open the door.... 1, 2, 3!"

Opening the door with everything and ducking down with shield in hand, what appeared in front of the group was a gold mine.

Still, no one moved. Eve checked every corner with her flashlight and saw that there was nothing, " It's clear!"

Jonathan then got up from the ground and entered the armory. The place was practically untouched, with many weapons, ammunition, and special clothing.

The whole group noticed this. Nathanael picked up a rifle. He almost dropped it on the floor, " Wow, this is heavy!"

Eve was fiddling with some ammunition while Samantha sat down on the floor.

Jonathan was doing some calculations, ' This is amazing! There are so many guns here... and there are grenades as well!'

Ignoring why a prison would've grenades, Jonathan checked the other things as well. ' The special clothing looks like it was made in case a rebellion happened, so it should be sturdy. I'll take all of them.'

The special clothing could replace or even help the efficacy of the bulletproof vest, so Jonathan took them all.

After looking around at his group, and noticing everyone already got what they wanted, Jonathan put everything that was left on his INVENTORY.

'' Let's check the gymnasium.'' After Jonathan said that, everyone went back to the corridor.

The group continued in formation until they arrived at the gymnasium door. Jonathan stopped before he opened it and put his ears on the door. What he heard was a groaning that he recognized, ' Zombies!'

Jonathan took his ears out of the door and said to his group, '' There are zombies inside. I don't know how many, but it shouldn't be much.'' He then tested the doorknob and saw that the door was open.

'' It's open. We will do the same thing as before, but this time wait for me to go away from the line of fire. Are you guys ready?'' Jonathan looked at his group.

Nathanael aimed his SMG at the door, a gesture that Samantha and Eve copied, '' We are.''

Jonathan nodded and opened the door in a hurry. What was inside surprised him, '' HOLY SHIT!''

There was a swarm of hundreds of zombies inside and they just heard a sound, so they were agitated.

' Well, fuck!'

 


Thanks for the Support!

21