19 – Prison Takeover (5)
347 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathan woke up the other day. He was so sleepy the day before that he didn't even take SLEEPING PILLS. He checked his left arm, to see the state of it, ' Hmmm, it's still hard to move. I don't see any signs of infection, which is good.'

After checking his wounds, Jonathan got out of bed. He slept outside the cell, but he wasn't the only one. Nathanael, Samantha, and Eve also slept outside the cells, 'I can't blame them. The beds in the cells are ... bad, to say the least.'

Everyone else opted to sleep in the beds Jonathan picked up from the hotel they had stayed in earlier.

Jonathan was the first to wake up, so he quietly left Block 1 so as not to wake anyone. What greeted him was a beautiful sunrise. He was speechless when he saw the scene, 'Even though the normal world ended, some things are still beautiful.'

After admiring the sunrise for a while, Jonathan began to act, ' I have to prepare for everything.'

The situation with the Prisoners served as a lesson for Jonathan. Now, he would equip the prison to protect it and himself from the dangers outside, and those inside. Jonathan looked back, towards blocks 2 and 3, 'We have to check them out as soon as possible.'

Leaving blocks 2 and 3 in the back of his mind, Jonathan began to think about how to make the prison safer, ' Put a barrier around the prison? If so, what material and where to start...'

The prison was huge, and if Jonathan wanted to put barriers around it, he would have to spend a lot. Remembering an important point, Jonathan decided to check the SHOP, 'If it doesn't have metals to sell, this plan won't work.'

Opening the SHOP interface and looking for a part related to metals, it didn't take him long to find an area called METALS. When he saw this, Jonathan clicked immediately.

There, Jonathan checked the prices of the metals: Gold Panel: $10,000

Silver Panel: $10,000

Titanium Panel: $10,000

Although they had other metals at the SHOP, they were expensive, as was the case with tungsten, the most resistant metal in the world. One panel was 10M, and Jonathan didn't want to spend his entire fortune to cover the prison.

Jonathan noticed that there was a part within this area that said EDIT. He clicked on this part and saw that you could edit and buy the shape you wanted of the metal, ' NO WAY!'

Deciding to test it, Jonathan bought titanium in a round shield shape. He took it out of his INVENTORY and was surprised at how light it was, 'Wow! This is incredible!'

Past the euphoria of that, Jonathan decided to turn his thoughts to protecting the prison, but he would remember that function.

So, Jonathan focused on the three cheapest metals, 'I don't know why they're so cheap, but I know that Titanium is pretty tough.'

Since he didn't know if these metals could withstand gunfire, he decided to buy a panel of each. 30,000 later, Jonathan had 3 panels, each made of a different metal. Jonathan was injured, and he didn't know how heavy these panels were, so he went over to the wall of block 1 and took the panels from the inventory.

The size surprised Jonathan, 'It's big. If all the panels I buy are this big, about 100 should cover the bottom of the prison fence. If I want to cover the top part of the fence, I would need a lot more.'

After arranging the panels next to each other, Jonathan decided to test and see how they would hold up to gunfire, ' Let's start with a Glock.'

Jonathan first aimed at the silver panel and fired.

BANG

Approaching the panel, Jonathan noticed that it had stopped the bullet, but it left a small mark. He then tested the gold one.

BANG

Looking at the panel, it was pretty much the same thing. It held, but it had a mark. Jonathan then went to the titanium panel and fired.

BANG

The gun didn't leave a mark. Jonathan then changed weapons, going from pistol to rifle, and then from rifle to shotgun. The result didn't surprise Jonathan.

Titanium held up better than silver and gold. And they're all the same price, so it's more worth buying titanium.'

Putting the panels in INVENTORY, Jonathan stared at the SHOP interface. ' Should I buy enough titanium panels now or later?'

' Ah, fuck it, let's buy it now.' After spending 1M in the Titanium panels, Jonathan smiled, ' Now, I just need to put them around the prison and I doubt a single bullet will pass.'

While this protected them, Jonathan wasn't stupid to think the prison was unbreakable. He wanted more insurance.

Jonathan then started remembering all the wars that had happened in the course of history. He remembered, ' In fact, if you put too many things in front, they should also be able to stop a bullet. There should be something in the SHOP like this.'

He opened the SHOP, and after a few seconds, Jonathan found what he was looking for, ' Sandbags!'

Sandbags were used in wartime to stop the gunfire. Jonathan found it at the SHOP for 1,000 a bag. ' Wow ... it's CHEAP!'

Compared to the other prices in the SHOP, Jonathan found the sandbag and the panel cheap. He bought over 1000 bags on the spot.

After doing so, Jonathan smiled, 'Now we have even more protection. The problem will be putting them on.

Jonathan was hurt, and although he could take them out of the inventory and put them in the front, he wanted to tidy up the layout, to protect the most important areas, 'Hmmm... for now, let's stack them around block 1.'

After 10 minutes of putting sandbags around block 1, Jonathan wiped the sweat from his forehead with his good hand.

Looking at the time, Jonathan noticed that 2 hours had passed since he woke up, ' The group must have woken up by now...'

Jonathan didn't know whether to go inside block 1 or keep looking around. Remembering that they only explored the courtyard and inside block 1. The group had not explored outside block 1 yet, and Jonathan only went around because he needed to put the sandbags, so he had not gone far away.

'Hmmm, let's look around and see if we can find a place to plant things.'

Before doing that, Jonathan decided to test the strength of the titanium shield he had bought earlier. He took it out of his inventory, put it on the wall, and fired. The titanium shield was light, so he could carry it with his arm without putting strain on the one injured.

BANG

The shot didn't pass through the shield, ' INCREDIBLE! I'm not going to limit myself to making a round shield. I'm going to make a long shield, that covers the whole body... or even some kind of titanium bubble...!!!'

In theory, Jonathan could make the shield with other materials, but from what he could gather in the test, Titanium was the best of the other 2, silver and gold. Besides, even though there could be even stronger metals, they are too pricey.

To Jonathan's disappointment, SHOP did not give the option of making the titanium bubble, ' Yeah... I was expecting that.'

If he could do that, he would be practically bulletproof.

But Jonathan didn't leave entirely disappointed. The other type of shield he wanted to make, the one that covered the whole body, SHOP gave the option to make. Although the price was a little high, 1M, it was still an acceptable price.

Jonathan bought 5 shields, 1 for each member of the group and 1 spare for himself.

After doing all this, Jonathan went exploring around block 1, looking for some kind of place where he could grow food since the courtyard was made of concrete.

Jonathan made a whole lap around block 1, looking at every place before he found a piece of land. He didn't know if it was possible to plant in that place, but that wasn't the principal problem, ' It's on block 2.'

Yes, the place where Jonathan could supposedly plant things was on block 2. Jonathan made a promise to not go there until he recover, so now he had to wait.

After a while of debating if he should go there now, Jonathan decided to stay in block 1, ' Forget it. I'll go there with the other.'

Jonathan then returned to block 1. When he entered the place where the cells were, he noted everyone was already awake.

Nathanael was using his cellphone, Eve was using the book Jonathan gave her, while Samantha apparently just got up, '' Good morning.''

Everyone looked at Jonathan, '' Good morning! Where have you been? We heard shots but since you didn't scream, we decided to stay inside.''

Jonathan took out the shield from the inventory and passed one to each member of the group, '' Here.''

Nathanael took the shield, '' What is this?''

While it looked weird, Jonathan knew this shield managed to take a few hundred bullets from a rifle, '' It is a shield made out of titanium.''

Eve sighed, '' I can't be shocked anymore.''

Samantha took the shield with her, '' Thank you.''

''Don't mention it. I spent the morning making some arrangements in the prison. I bought a shit ton of titanium to put around the prison, I'm just waiting for my arm to get better to set it up.''

Jonathan then smiled confidently, '' After I set it up, I doubt we could be breached. Even if we were, the titanium should do the trick and protect us from the bullets... and if it doesn't, I also put a lot of sandbags around block 1.''

Nathanael was shocked, '' Dude, relax a little. You have to rest.''

''I'll be even more rested when we finish cleaning up all blocks.'' Jonathan sat on his bed, '' We really need to start to sleep inside the cells... wait a minute!''

Feeling dumb, Jonathan searched the SHOP until he found what he was looking for. Single beds, made from the best materials, ' 10k for a single bed... damn!'

After buying the beds, Jonathan took them out of the INVENTORY and passed them to his groups, '' Now we can sleep inside the cells. If you want privacy, you can even lock the door and put a blanket on it.''

Eve looked relieved to regain her privacy. In fact, Samantha and Nathanael were also glad they could have their solo time.

Finally, Jonathan seems to have spent all his energy doing that. He plopped down on his bed, taking care of not hitting his injured arm, '' I'll take a nap. Wake me up when it's noon.''

Jonathan woke up at sunrise, took a couple of hours setting up the sandbags, testing the metals, and looking for a plot of land. This made him tired.

'' Leave it to me!''

Nodding to whoever said that, Jonathan slept like a baby.

18