27 – New Members
348 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Eve and Nathanael went to Carl and Sophia's eating table, Jonathan and Samantha stayed with Rick and the rest.

'' So, how are you guys today?'' Jonathan talked with them while eating. He did so to gain some semblance of trust with them.

' In both the TV series and Comics, they went through some shit until they arrived here, but nothing will compare to what happened in the Prison... In the Comics, Judith died and the prison fell. In the TV series, the prison also fell and the group lost a lot of people. So I will try to make sure the prison stays safe.'

' But this means they will not go through the challenges that made them so strong... Decision, decision...'

'' We are good. Thanks for the food. Im eating by 4 people.'' Lori thanked Jonathan while eating.

''Don't mention it. We are all humans in the end, so we should help each other in times of need.'' Jonathan smiled at them.

Rick and his group ate in silence. Daryl in particular was almost shooting lasers out of his eyes.

After they finished eating their food, Jonathan looked at Nathanael. He then nodded at him.

Nathanael noticed that,'' Hey kids, how about we go there for a minute?'' He was quite good at talking with children despite being only 5 years older than Carl.

'' Sure! Let's go!'' Carl and Sophia went along with Eve and Nathanael to a place where they couldn't hear them talk.

Jonathan would ask some things and didn't want to give Rick's group a wrong impression, ' While I think it should be normal for Carl and Sophia to listen, the rest of their group might not think the same.'

Rick said nothing while Carl and Sophia went away. Carol also stayed still.

'' So, we are here for a few months now. The only news of the outside world is through our cell phones... Can you tell us how bad is out there?''

Jonathan was trying his best to make some connections with Rick and his group, so he asked them.

Rick sighed, '' Honestly? It's horrible. If we didn't find this place and food, I ... don't know what would've happened to us.''

'' There is no food out there. We were on a farm some time ago but... the walkers took over.''

'' Walkers?'' Samantha asked. She wasn't accustomed to this term, as zombies make more sense.

''It's the way we call them. Zombies, walkers, don't really matter. What does is the fact that they are everywhere and are trying to kill us.'' Rick then asked, '' Where are you guys from?''

'' The other side of the country. We had some other members but they died soon after the apocalypse began.'' Jonathan continued, '' So, with almost half the group dying, we decided to leave that place.''

'' Coincidently, the last time I spoke with some family members was close to this place. We went there, but they were nowhere to be seen. After some time wondering around, we found this place. And here we are. How about you guys? Where are you from?''

Rick responded first, '' I'm from a small town near Atlanta.''

His answers were short. The rest of the group followed, saying where they were from.

' Hmmm, I don't remember that much about the places where they were from, but I don't really care if they're lying or not.'

When everyone finished, Jonathan asked, '' Is everyone from your group here?''

'' 2 people are still sleeping.''

Jonathan looked around, but he didn't realize who was missing, '' Can you tell me their names? I was somehow out last day.''

Rick nodded, '' Their name is Andrea and Dale.''

Jonathan took that information in, ' So in this universe, Andrea and Dale are a couple, just like the Comics. But I don't see Allen and his kids, Tyronne, and the others daughters Hershel has in the comics. All this information leads me to believe that I'm some kinda alternate version of both the TV series and the Comics. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.'

Ignoring all that information, a flash of inspiration hit Jonathan. He looked as serious as he could in his 14 old body. '' Before I return your weapons, I have 3 questions for you. Can you answer them honestly?''

When Rick's group heard that, all of them tensed up. Still, Rick said, '' Ask away.''

''How many walkers have you killed?''

Rick's face showed confusion, '' ... I didn't count. But many.''

''How many people have you killed?''

A flash of pain passed in Rick's face, '' ... One.''

'' Why?''

Rick hesitated for a second, but told Jonathan, '' He was my best friend. But he threatened the safety of our group. I had no choice.''

'Another thing that proves this is an alternate universe. In the TV series, it was Rick who killed human Shane and Carl finished the zombified form. In the Comics, it was the contrary, with Carl killing human Shane while Rick killed the zombified form.'

When Rick finished talking, everyone in his group looked at Jonathan, as if waiting for his reaction.

Jonathan already got his answers right from the beginning. He extended his hand, '' Yesterday I wasn't in a good mental condition, so I didn't manage to say this. But I can say it now. Welcome to the prison!''

After the handshake between Rick and Jonathan, the rest of both groups also gave their greetings. Rick would not admit it, but he was glad they could stay in this place.

'' Now that all is said and done, what can we do here to help?'' Lori asked. She didn't want to be useless.

Jonathan smiled at that, '' We have some things that need to be done, but one of the most pressing issues is a doctor. As you can see,'' Jonathan pointed at Samantha and looked at Lori, '' we have 2 pregnant ladies. So, anyone knows how to help in a delivery?''

While Jonathan, Eve, and Nathanael studied hard for the last month regarding surgery and such, at the end of the day, they are at best amateurs.

Hershel raised his hand, '' I was a veterinarian and owned a farm. I helped deliver a lot of animal babies, so I think I could help with that.''

Jonathan also give some information, '' We have some books regarding that subject, a lot of videos about it, and an ultrasound machine. You can use all of them if you want.''

'' I take any help I can get.'' Hershel was surprised with all Jonathan's group had.

Lori face lit up when she heard that, '' You have an ultrasound machine!?''

Jonathan nodded.

'' Can I se- use it?'' Lori asked hesitantly.

'' Of course. The machine is on block 1. You all can follow me if you want!'' Jonathan got up from his seat, as Andrea and Dale entered the cafeteria.

'' Good morning.'' Dale was smiling quite a lot.

' He must have a good 'sleep'.'

'' We left your share on that part. You can eat here, or follow us for a bit.'' Rick pointed at some food on the table.

Dale and Andrea didn't sit but took the food, '' Where are we going?''

For the first time since he arrived here, Rick genuinely smiled, '' To see my child.''

Even though Andrea and Dale didn't really understand what is going on, the couple's response was immediate, '' Let's go.''

Jonathan nodded. He looked at Nathanael and Eve, who were with Carl and Sophia, '' Do you want to take them with us?''

Carol shook her head, '' Let them stay. They are having fun for the first time in months.''

'' Eve, Nathanael! Take care of them while we are gone!''

'' Leave it to us!''

After hearing that, everyone else left.

Gleen and Maggie, who were a little behind everyone, whispered to each other, '' They have a lot of good things here!''

Maggie nodded,'' It's unbelievable how much this place is secure...''

Gleen took Maggie's hand, '' Do you think we can also...''

Even though Gleen said nothing more, Maggie understand what he was talking about. She smiled at her boyfriend, ' He's so cute.'

'' In the future.''

Gleen smiled, '' That's good to hear.''

---

While everyone left, Eve and Nathanael stayed with Carl and Sophia. The four of them talked and laughed about everything and anything.

After everyone left, Carl asked right away, '' Can I see your gun? My dad never let me play with it for long.''

'' Carl!''

'' What?''

'' My mom said it's dangerous holding a weapon!''

'' ... I already shot and killed zombies. It's not dangerous if you know what to do.''

'' ...But-''

'' Relax, Sophia. We don't even know if they're going to say yes. And if they do, we just stay quiet about it.''

Sophia seems to accept that, '' Okay.'' She then looked at Eve and Nathanael with puppy eyes.

Eve and Nathanael hesitated for a second. But, as they found both kids very cute, they accepted, '' Sure. Just give me a second.''

Both unloaded their pistol and passed them to Carl and Sophia.

'' Wow.'' Sophia was animated while holding the gun, '' How do we shoot this thing?''

'' You need a bullet. My dad said this to me... and I already shot a gun!''

'' Wow, Carl. You really know a lot of things!''

Carl puffed his chest, '' Im really smart.''

Both kids played with the pistols for a while, until Carl asked, '' Can we shoot them?''

Eve and Nathanael shook their head in unison, '' No. At least, not for now. Maybe in the future, you can even have your own weapon.''

Carl was down when he heard he could not shoot, but he recovered when he heard he could have his own weapon, '' You think so!?''

'' Yes. I doubt your father and mother would not let you protect yourself.''

'' ME! What about me?'' Sophia clearly didn't want to be left behind.

''I'm sure you can also have your weapon.''

Sophia almost jumped in joy, '' Nice!''

Eve and Nathanael smiled seeing the kids playing around. '' I missed this ... calm.''

It was weird seeing kids under 10 being happy while holding a gun, but in the actual world circumstances, this was a good thing.

Nathanael, who was a person more closed than Eve, nodded, '' Yeah. It's nice.''

After a while of this scene, Eve clapped her hand, '' Alright! Kids, how about we do something fun!?''

This made Carl and Sophia stop. Carl asked, '' What do you mean?''

Eve took out her trump card. It was a slime toy, courtesy of Jonathan.

When the kids saw that, they returned the guns and started to play with the slime.

Eve smiled at that scene, ' I'm glad we took them in.'

 


Jonathan straight up snatched the famous 3 questions from Rick!

 

Thanks for reading! See you next friday/saturday!

14