29 – Testing
314 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AFTERNOON OF THE OTHER DAY

Nathanael was pointing a gun in Jonathan's direction. " Are you sure about this?"

Jonathan smiled at his hesitant friend, " What? Are you afraid I'm going to get hurt? Don't worry, I'll be fine."

' Well, at least I hope so.' Jonathan had been hit by shots before, one in the arm and one in the chest. The one in his chest didn't hurt as much because he was wearing a vest, but it still hurt. So this time, Jonathan was wearing three vests.

Nathanael looked to the side and saw Samantha and Eve looking at the scene in front of them with interest.

In the end, Nathanael sighed and relented, " Okay, but remember you asked for it."

Then, Nathanael pulled the trigger.

But before we know the result of the shot, let's go back a little in time, to the morning of that day, to explain what is happening.

MORNING OF THE SAME DAY

The beginning of the other day was normal. Jonathan brought food to Block 2, Nathanael and Eve played with Carl and Sophia, and the groups, even if in small steps, were getting closer.

Carl and Sophia were already considered Eve's younger siblings. When Nathanael asked why she liked the children, her answer was, "I always want to have younger siblings. Besides, I can already get used to younger children."

Eve looked at Samantha's belly as she said that. Nathanael got her point.

'' I must say, Lori and Carol, know how to cook,'' Jonathan said while munching down on his breakfast, courtesy of Carol and Lori. While Jonathan bought the ingredients, the food was made by them both.

Rick nodded, '' Yes, it's very good.''

The groups eat the food in silence. The only sound was that of Carl and Sophia playing around.

'' So, do you think we can start doing our roles now?'' Andrea asked when she saw Jonathan finished eating.

'Hmm, I don't see why not.' Jonathan nodded, '' Sure. My plan original plan was to get more comfortable with each other, but I think we can trust you. Maybe in a few weeks in time, you all should move to block 1, to make things easier.''

The medical area, the arsenal, in which Andrea was in charge, was located in block 1. So, to make things easier for everyone to move, Jonathan wanted to have them go to block 1. Of course, it would make things difficult for Jonathan, but it was for the best.

Andrea thanked Jonathan, but said, '' Let's leave the moving to another date.''

'' No problem. The door to block 1 is not looked by the way. You just need to enter.'' Jonathan got up from the table. '' I'll see you guys later.''

Eve, Nathanael, and Samantha followed suit. '' Wait for a second.''

Maggie called out.

Jonathan turned around, '' What is it?''

'' Can I also go to the medical area?'' Maggie asked, '' While the books are good, I want to see the type of medicine and tool we have. Yesterday we were so focused on the ultrasound that I didn't manage to see it clearly.''

Jonathan smiled, '' As I said, you guys are free to enter block 1 as you, please. Just knock on the door before entering, to not scare us or something.''

'' Will do.''

After that, Jonathan and the rest left block 2. In the middle of the path to block 1, Jonathan was with ideas on how to use his powers in combat.

' To tell you the truth, I haven't used the good things about my powers much. Sure, being able to buy stuff through SHOP is awesome but stopping to think about it, if the ideas I'm getting in my head are proven correct, INVENTORY is just as good. Maybe even better.'

' I had done some testing before, but now it's going to be the most serious test yet. I already know that I can take the objects out and they fall directly into my hand, but what if I want to put them in other places when I take them out of INVENTORY?'

' Now imagine if I can get shots from my enemies into the INVENTORY before the shots hit me?'

Jonathan's mind went overdrive thinking about all he could do.' Of course, this is all speculation. I have to test everything first...'

Looking at Nathanael from his side, Jonathan smiled at his friend.

Nathanael noticed Jonathan's gaze. He strange his friend looking at him like that, " What happened?"

Millions of thoughts went through Nathanael's head and he came to a strange conclusion in the blink of an eye. He pulled away from Jonathan and hugged his own body, "Jonathan friend, partner. I ... I don't play on the same team! Forgive me!"

A vein popped out on Jonathan's forehead but he managed to resist the urge to punch Nathanael, " I'll pretend I didn't hear anything. I was looking at you because I need your help with something."

Nathanael sighed in relief, " Go ahead. What do you need?"

Jonathan smiled like a madman, " I want you to shoot me!"

AND NOW WE RETURN TO THE FIRST PART OF THE CHAPTER

Jonathan stared hard into the air. Only one thought in his head, ' That ... is unfair.'

Not one shot went into the INVENTORY. They all hit Jonathan right in the chest.

" Jonathan, are you okay!!!?" Eve and Nathanael rushed to Jonathan's side.

Samantha was also a little worried but she didn't want to run, so she slowly moved closer to Jonathan. She sighed in relief seeing he was okay.

Looking at the holes in his vest, Jonathan received help getting up off the ground, " Ouch ouch ouch ouch...HISSS. I'm okay."

Nathanael wiped away the sweat, ' It would be a disaster if I had killed Jonathan.'

Eve, however, saw that Jonathan was not normal, ' Is it hurting? Do you want me to call Hershel?"

Jonathan shook his head, " It's not that ... it's just that the experiment failed."

"What experiment is this? I agreed to help without asking, but now I'm curious.'' Nathanael asked Jonathan.

" You know what I'm capable of, right?"

The trio nodded.

" So, with my ability to put things into an infinite space, I theorized that I could do the same with bullets. But as you can see, it didn't work." Jonathan pointed to the bullets Nathanael shot, which clearly hit him in the vest.

' Hmmm, that test was not a success. Maybe I have to test with other weapons...?'

Jonathan quickly put that idea out of his mind, ' No, the problem is not the bullets. Is it because I wasn't in contact with them? If that's the case, it would be pointless to put the bullets in the INVENTORY, because I would have already been hit.'

Until now, Jonathan had put things in the INVENTORY by touching them. Only now, after the initial test with the bullets, he started testing again, to see if he could put things away at certain distances.

Nathanael, Eve and Samantha noticed that after Jonathan stood up, he stood still. Nathanael couldn't resist and asked, " What is he doing?"

" I know." Eve looked smug, " He's probably thinking about some things."

" .... Really, Eve?" Nathanael looked at his sister with wide eyes, " I know he's thinking, but I want to know what is he thinking?"

Eve spread her hands, '' How would I know?''

"You little!''

"Be quiet, you two! He's doing something.'' Samantha interrupted the bickering between the siblings and attention returned to Jonathan.

Eve and Nathanael huffed and then looked at Jonathan.

The trio watched as Jonathan took out a bottle of water from thin air.

Nathanael said in a small voice after seeing that, '' I will never get used to it... it's a nice thing though."

Eve and Samantha nodded, their feelings were the same as Nathanael's.

Then, Jonathan put the water bottle down and walked away from it. He then raised his hand toward the bottle.

And nothing happened.

" I wonder if it has something to do with the distance?" Jonathan mumbled and went even closer to the water bottle.

And nothing.

The trio was silent but were wondering if Jonathan had gone crazy.

After a few minutes of this, there came a moment when Jonathan was literally an inch away from the bottle, but not touching it.

In the end, Jonathan did touch the bottle and it was gone.

Jonathan sighed after the test results, " It was as I suspected, I can only put things into INVENTORY when I'm touching them."

The strange part is that when Jonathan takes things out of the INVENTORY, he had some leverage in where to put them. Take the titanium plates. He took them out, putting them directly at the fence, without the need to carry them.

The guns too, all appear above his hand. While things with little weight like food and water appear directly in his hand.

' Hmm, maybe is the size and weight? But if it's true, the bullets should enter the INVENTORY...'

Jonathan put that aside, ' INVENTORY is still useful. SHOP is also amazing. The part where I could manipulate the things I bought is also good, but it has limitations.'

Looking at Nathanael, Eve, and Samantha, Jonathan said, '' I'll continue to test some things. You guys can leave now.''

'' Jonathan, we got nothing better do to. While we have internet and phones, what are you doing is more interesting.'' Eve sat down on the ground and continued looking at Jonathan, '' Care to explain your thoughts?''

Jonathan didn't hesitate and told them everything, ' In any case, they know about the SHOP and the INVERNTORY. Me telling them what I was thinking is nothing.'

When Jonathan finished saying what he had in his mind, the others started to think about it too.

'' ... Yeah, sorry, I have no idea how to help you.''

'' Me too.''

'' Sorry.''

'' No problem. I'm taking today to test something anyway.''

Jonathan spent the rest of the day testing things. The only time he stopped was when Andrea, Maggie, and Hershel entered block 1. They spent over an hour doing their things.

After all these tests, which lasted until 10 pm, Jonathan and his group went to sleep.

 


A small chapter to show some limitation to Jonathan's powers.

Thanks for the support!

19